AT&T Reviews in Cordova, TN | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 997 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 285 reviews)

"Good pay, Good benefits, Hard to Advance"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Cordova, TN

I worked at AT&T (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice place to work. Enjoyed working with the folks I worked with. Good pay

Cons

Want you to follow a specific sales process. Ask the customer a ton of questions even if you see the same person 3 times a month.

Advice to Management

Promote your people that actually work hard and do a good job, not just those who are YES men...

2. "It was good at first"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Cordova, TN
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Cordova, TN

Pros

Great benefits, cool industry, awesome discounts, great pay for retail

Cons

Micromanagement, and point system for attendance extremely unfair, high turnover! The store determines your success.. For new applicants in Memphis aim for The poplar store it seems that's the only store the promote from

Advice to Management

allow adults to behave as adults

"Think twice. Terrible management. Unprofessional environment."

I worked at AT&T part-time

Pros

The pay and benefits were the best and only good part about the job. Pay= base hourly pay + commission. They offer a range of health benefits and tuition assistance for students.

Cons

The management was absolutely the worst management I have ever worked under, hands down. I have never worked with such unprofessional people in my entire employment history. They did not look out for the best interest of their employees or customers. They were more focused on force-feeding customers products and features that the customers did not request or consent to. Management was very unfair and showed favoritism in the workplace. If I could do it all over again, I would've definitely listened to the many postings I read on this website about AT&T before choosing to work for the company. It is actually very disheartening because I am a college student and was very excited about working for a company I could "grow" with and the chances for upward mobility after graduation. In fact my experience with AT&T was so bad that despite all the benefits and the great pay, I could no longer stick around because there was so much corruption in our store and this eventually led up to my resignation from the company.

Advice to Management

Take heed of the people you put in the lower management positions (i.e. retail store managers, assistant managers). These are the people who lead your frontline, your retail sales consultants. The frontline makes up the part of AT&T who makes and leaves the biggest impression on the consumers of this company. When there is corruption in management, this will most certainly affect the overall quality and success of your stores. A management that appreciates and listens to it's employees is surely one to prosper. When there is constantly a plethora of unresolved issues in the workplace this will of course trickle down and go from being an issue of management, to an issue of employees, and eventually lead to the many complaints people often hear from AT&T customers.

Showing 3 of 16,831 reviews