AT&T Corporate Real Estate Reviews | Glassdoor

Randall L. Stephenson
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 994 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 285 reviews)

"They promise you the world, and they give you nothing."

Former Employee - Corporate Real Estate Management
    Former Employee - Corporate Real Estate Management

Pros

Decent pay & benifits. That's about it.

Cons

I have experienced some pretty bad managemen & work environments in my time, but AT&T Corporate Real Estate has found a way to take the meaning of "bad management" to a whole new level.

It's like AT&T took the worst of the worst in their company and stuck all of them in Corporate Real Estate. I was "co-employed" with Johnson Controls & AT&T when I worked there. Not a single time did I ever witness a decision that even remotely resembled a rational thought. There is a complete lack of leadership all the way through the CRE ladder. From day one you are expected to "hit the ground running" with absolutely no clear idea of what the scope of work is, and no useful resources (which you absolutely need) to get your job done.

They also flat out lied to me about the job when I interviewed for it. I was told that I'd be in charge of two facilities (which were one hour apart from eachother.) I was also told that I'd be provided with a company vehicle to be used back and forth from them. They explained that being on call "every other weekend or so" was part of it.

A couple months after I accepted the job, I had been given several more facilities under my responsibility to on top of the two they originally told me about. Each of these were over an hour drive from eachother.

I asked when I'd be getting the company vehicle since all the driving I was doing had been putting a significant amount of wear and tear on my personal vehicle. I was told "we are working on it."

3+ Years went by and I never got the company vehicle they promised me. Also, after about the first week, I went from being on call "every other weekend or so," to 24-7, and to "respond within one hour." This change impacted my personal life tremendously as I had almost no free time after hours incase I got called in.

During my time with them, I also went through three different managment changes (they kept quitting their jobs one after another because AT&T's leadership immediately burried them and overwhelmed their lives with a suffocating work load as well.)

In CRE, you have zero support of any kind. Their asset network (company laptops,email, internet, cell phone, etc) that they give you are all defective "refurbished" equipment that constantly was failing. Our closest IT Services technician was a 40 minute drive away. And I constantly had to battle with their equipment just so that it would work (even though they are essential to doing your job.) You would think AT&T, being a COMMUNICATION company, would provide their own employees with decent equipment. Nope, not in CRE at least. You are given the cheapest possible items. Weather they work or not is YOUR problem.

The Bottom Line: AT&T CRE is driven souly with one objective. Spend as little money as possibe. In most other compnies, they will spend money as needed to keep their facilities up and running to help aid the mission of their company. AT&T has cut funding to their CRE department that even setting foot in some of their facilities is a safety hazard. They will not do the right thing unless they are completely FORCED to do it.

I would not reccommend taking a job here to anyone. Even if you are on unemployment and in desperate need for a decent paying job. Hold on a little longer and find a company that isn't ran by such delinquints.

Advice to Management

Just stay in your little world at AT&T and ride it out till retirement. You cannot be used anywhere else in the industry where other companies are accustomed to doing things "the right way." Stay there, collect your bonuses, and pray that corporate doesn't drop the ax on you as another "budget cut."