AT&T Customer Service Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

Randall L. Stephenson
  1. great benefits

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

job stability. best pay in the industry. top education. wonderful benefits.

Cons

long hours. physically demanding. management and union don't get along which can create a hostile work environment.

horrible company

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great Pay and Decent benefits.

Cons

work/life balance aggressive management stressful cutthroat no real job security Micromanaged to DEATH

Advice to Management

What's the point? 1st line managers are mostly spineless lap dogs, 2nd line and above just care about metrics and they will all throw you under the bus in a flat second. You are all completely out of touch and most of you should be ashamed at the way you treat us.

Whatever

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Really good money. Decent benefits(Although they are constantly on the downhill slide.) I enjoy working outdoors on my own. I work with good people. 99% of my customers are really nice

Cons

It doesn't matter what position you work with this company, you will be micromanaged to death. Count on it. True tech support has all but disappeared. It seems as though everything has been outsourced to the Philippines. These "techs" try their best but are poorly trained, and even though the do speak English, there is always something lost in translation. Since everything is Smart Chat now, trying to get them to understand...

Advice to Management

What's the point? You don't get to management by thinking for yourself, or listening to underlings. If Randall has his way, we will all be replaced by Robots and the Union will be ancient history(wait, it already is, my bad..)

4. Great company

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Big company with a lot of advancement opportunity. Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Always changing something with policy or jobs requirements.

5. Its not bad

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Not a whole lot of manager interaction while out in the field. You are basically your own boss accountable for your own metrics. The overtime pay is incredible.

Cons

The amount of forced overtime can get to ya but the pay is great The metrics can be a little tiring

Advice to Management

More hands on training

Technician

Former Employee - Customer Services Technician in Austin, TX

I worked at AT&T for more than 20 years

Pros

Pay is good if you are at certain positions. Installer/Premise technician is not one of them.

Cons

Too much micro managing from executive level. Treats employees horribly. Sets ridiculous standards to live up to.

Advice to Management

Stay out of the employees way. Quit making them call on the hour every hour!

At&t

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

The party and the benifits are good. There are a lot of places and states to transfer to. It's a large company

Cons

The company treats the employees like they are not skilled and can be easily replaced. There is no consideration for your family or a life beyond work. You are not rewarded for hard work, the only way to be promoted is to become finds with the right people. Advancement is not done by merit or ability.

Advice to Management

Promote the best people die the job, not a friend of a friend or a relative. Tar the employees like they matter.

8. Advanced Technical Support

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Opportunities-raises are better than other companies. Health insurance used to be really good but it has gone up on the deductible every year.

Cons

Customers can be rude on occasion. Sitting all day isn't good but you can stand at your desk. Customers do surveys on us.

9. Not what it use to be

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits! Get to enjoy the outdoors. Most people form great bonds with peers. That's about where it ends.

Cons

The hours can be very long and cause a negative impact on the family life. Some families learn to adjust. The company has switched its focus from the employee to the dollar which has lead to short staffing and long hours. The company struggles to find a balance between the customer and the share holder. A greater commitment to the share holder forces a quantity based mentality which impacts the quality of work leading...

Advice to Management

Find the balance between pleasing the shareholder and the customer. Identify your weak employees and what makes them weak. Take action to train those whose weakness tends to be skill issues, deal with those whose weakness is their attitude. Don't take a blanket approach to corrective actions. Those employees who perform well should not feel the impact of those who do not.

10. Glad I got out now

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Canoga Park, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

I worked here for the better part of 20 years. The only reason I stuck around for that long was because the pay was so good. I took night classes at Pierce College (a 2-yr) and Cal St. Northridge (4-yr) before calling it quits. The only reason I stayed so long was the money.

Cons

Staying motivated in the face of stupidity. Management is simply a roadblock to progress.

Advice to Management

Show some backbone when making gutsy calls. Don't be afraid to lead. Listen to what goes on at the lower levels, you know, from the people who actually make contact with the customers and are on the front lines. Just because you've had a nice cozy monopoly for the last 100 years doesn't mean you can sit back and not invest in the infrastructure today. Glad I'm out before Google Fiber comes to town.

Found 17 reviews