AT&T Reviews in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Environment"

Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was always happy to be at work and cooperate with problems if they were to rise. Everyone was always helpful and there is a lot of benefits as well.

Cons

There is a lot of red tap when handling tech issues.

2. "GREED...Downsizing to feed the top at an alarming speed."

Former Employee - Senior Network Design Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Network Design Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

steady pay and benefits for the interim.

Cons

The country is moving towards automation extremely fast and jobs are being cut at an alarming rate. I've witnessed 15 yr employees bust their humps to help the company achieve high marks year after year only to be sent home packing without justification. There's no loyalty at all. Then AT&T leverages those high marks to lean on their asset contracts with other businesses whilst never telling those companies they're getting lower quality of service due to lay offs.

I'm positive there's shady business dealings going on 24/7, but there's a culture of "see nothing" "say nothing" to keep your job bc most fear losing their positions. Sure the optics look great as they applaud your efforts with phony email certificates of congratulations but you're just number at the end of the day. A number that needs to be subtracted so board members can stuff their pockets further.

Advice to Management

remember when the CEO was busted giving money to Michael Cohen for a a favorable position with the Trump administration? yea... well that money that was given cost a lot of ppl under him to lose their jobs. My advice is to take your talents elsewhere. A corporation this big no longer values the employees who got them where they are.

3. "Good company overall"

Current Intern - Software Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Intern - Software Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

work, pay, benefits, people, location

Cons

Depends on management. Is a good company with a few down points that every company has.

4. "Feel so grateful to work for this company! Pay, Compensation, and Training are Top-Notch"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, continuous learning, and perks if you're located at Corporate.

Cons

Work life balance has declined in the last 3 years. As we shrink as an overall company the workload on existing employees has increased.

Advice to Management

The culture has to improve.

5. "AT&T in Transition"

Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great growth opportunities - especially in emerging technologies

Cons

Increased competition and merger expenses are leading to significant downsizing over the next few years.

Advice to Management

Focus attention on big data, cloud computing and other emerging technologies. Never stop learning.

"Good company but changing its business focus"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent enough benefits and ability to move around in company

Cons

Constant restructuring and force reductions

"Great if you don't care about being compensated fairly"

Current Employee - Flex Force Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Flex Force Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities to work in many parts of the company.

Opportunities to work with modern technology/frameworks so great to build out your resume if you don't have any other options.

Besides compensation and healthcare benefits are competitive.

Cons

As a preface, Flex Force management is apparently "working" on these compensation problems, and I will adjust this review as soon as that comes to fruition. But it's been 5 months now since they said it would be fixed, and in that time we've all been continued to be paid less than newly hired developers. Personally, that means I'm out over $10k that I will never get back. I don't think it will ever be fixed.

Flex Force is supposedly the "future" of the company, but the company is fine losing its fresh talent because they refuse to pay a market wage. Your opportunities for promotion are few and far between, and completely dependent on whether you have a high-profile assignment. You have zero options to negotiate a salary even if you bring a competing offer. Unlike other level 1 managers at AT&T, you'll be non-exempt, so be prepared to work thankless overtime without extra pay.

You'll constantly hear about how Flex Force saves the company hundreds of millions of dollars, yet your yearly adjustments will be below the inflation rate. On top of not keeping up with inflation your health insurance will have higher premiums, deductibles, and less "reward" options every year. The company goes through YEARLY layoffs in spite of making record profits (but as a TDP or Flex Force Engineer you'll be fine, because you're so cheap so they would be stupid to let you go.)

You'll have a least as many direct supervisors as years you have with the company. Because Flex Force is so visible in the company the supervisors use it as a stepping stone to more competent organizations.

Advice to Management

To Flex Force Management: Stop blaming "HR" for not being able to execute on changes, take some ownership. You decided to go through with making everyone exempt without pay adjustments when it was already known that layoffs and "financial troubles" were incoming.

At large: Stop lying through your teeth about "5G", your version of "Net Neutrality", your "Fiber Expansion". You are destroying your long term good will with consumers, the next generation of tech literate consumers are already the majority.

"Good people, ever changing"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay
    vacation
    good people

Cons

hours
    management
    work life balance

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Director, Product Management in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director, Product Management in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Company, I like work for them

Cons

None, no cons to mention. positive

Advice to Management

none

10. "j"

Former Intern - Human Resources Tech in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Human Resources Tech in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T as an intern

Pros

Casual and relaxed atmosphere, flexibility in terms of where and how you work (can reserve individual rooms or can sit at a desk side-by-side other employees, go wherever you want as long as you get your work done), very comfortable and nice office building

Cons

You might not have much to do.

Showing 868 of 20,497 reviews