AT&T Reviews in Davenport, IA | Glassdoor

Randall L. Stephenson
  1. "Good money"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Rock Island, IL

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Make good money and great benifits

Cons

Too many rules constantly changing and not for the best

Advice to Management

They change methods of sales back and forth

AT&T2015-03-30

"One and a million"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

I worked at AT&T

Pros

Friendly, fun ,progression, ability to grown in the company, change happened frequently

Cons

Hours were my only issue with three small kids being at work till 930 was hard on me

AT&T2015-03-07
  3. "AT&T Mobility Call Center"

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

Great benefits, decent pay and incentives, Union positions, discounted wireless services, hour lunch break, good working conditions, onsite cafeteria

Cons

Long initial training period, but very limited time sitting with a seasoned employee. Lack of support once training is completed. Metrics that are somewhat unrealistic without proper training/support.

Advice to Management

Provide more time with seasoned reps, and have a season rep Y cord with all new phone reps for a few days minimum.

AT&T2015-01-20
  4. "It was a GREAT experience. I learned so many new things about technology."

Former Employee - Call Center in Davenport, IA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

I met a lot of new people. Good pay for the area.

Cons

High turnover rate makes it hard to work with people you know. Every Six moths had to bid for your shift and there were no guarantees. Sceduled are not flexable.

AT&T2014-08-28

"Atrocious, lousy, incompetent company. They are DEAD LAST in customer service- they don't care about their people!"

Former Employee - Call Center Team Manager in Davenport, IA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay is pretty good. Once you start, you realize WHY the pay is good- no one wants to deal with the company! Local leadership is promoted on the Peter principle. Highest performers are held back from promotion opportunities.

Cons

Let me count the ways- Feedback to management is ignored. Leadership looks for ways to oust the potential leadership below them. Metrics are based on measurements that have nothing to do with customer service. Common sense is a rare commodity above the Team Manager level.

Advice to Management

Leave. Only new leadership from top to bottom will save this government-level catastrophe of stupidity.

AT&T2014-03-06

"Good company, but you are at the mercy of the competency of your center management"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Davenport, IA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cutting edge products, ongoing training, excellent benefits, good bonus structure Nice facilities and resources

Cons

Call center team managers are overworked and micromanaged to the point of absurdity. There is way too much emphasis on documenting and completing reports, and not enough time to develop and positively motivate employees. It creates a miserable environment that fuels turnover

Advice to Management

Engge employees and solicit and implement improvements and ides that are submitted. Get away from the constant top-down directives

AT&T2013-11-15

"Great pay and benefits for work required."

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Benefits one full month after hire date -Great pay compared to other call centers -Great employee discounts -Raises 3 times a year -holiday pay

Cons

-upset customers-which comes with any company -being just a number to a large company -high call volume

Advice to Management

As customer service representatives we were constantly told by the company to "show we cared" for the customers. It was upsetting that when I went through a personal issue, which caused me to miss more than the allowed number of days. Only a portion of my FMLA was approved. I was terminated without a second thought. I understand that large companies have policies in place for a reason but I was a loyal employee and was...

AT&T2013-08-30

"Great Pay... When you're new! Pressure cooker, though"

Current Employee - Call Center in Davenport, IA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay with wage credits for newer employees (Wasn't available for those of us that have been there 3-5 years or more) Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits

Cons

Limited upward mobility Metric expectations can seem unrealistic Turnover - keep losing reps due to strict attendance requirements Hours of Operation - when I started, we weren't even open on Sunday (just late during the week). Now, we've expanded hours to Saturday and Sunday. the schedules are a NIGHTMARE Dealing w/ the union can be counterproductive

Advice to Management

For customer care, hours need to be 9am-9pm M-F and limit Sat/Sun to 9-6 or something. We have vendor centers in other countries for a reason, to pick up extra call flow... We only need a couple teams there on Saturday & Sunday If employees work Saturday don't make them also do Sunday (and vice versa). We need to have this option SOON or turnover will NEVER improve!

AT&T2013-09-11

"Wanting Management? Try Elsewhere!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Davenport, IA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay is competitive Benefits are great Physical environment is beautiful- very positive-appearing place to work. Employee discounts are generous

Cons

Managers are never allowed to manage their people, but must cave in to flavors of the month by the Center Director. They should rename the position from Team Manager, to Team Bureaucrat, or Assistant Coach- there is no real authority in any supervisory position in Customer Care. My best day at AT&T was the day I gave my notice.

Advice to Management

Ensure consistency at all levels of management, starting at the top! Try to set realistic, achievable goals for the hard-working reps and managers. Allow freedom to manage the teams without micromanagement. Use metrics that validate successful mastery of key behaviors.

AT&T2013-09-04

"Avoid management"

Former Employee - Team Manager in Davenport, IA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay and great benefits.

Cons

The call center is controlled by the local union war mongers. They breed discontent and hate and they protect employees who should not be there and sow fear to those who do. Sadly, because of the union, managers are actually paid less than what the representatives are and so any kind of career opportunity is actually a set back for most of them. The only benefit to being a manager is the love of helping other people...

Advice to Management

Stand behind your people and don't throw them under the bus, if you approve an action, take responsibility for it.

AT&T2013-08-21