AT&T Reviews in Des Moines, IA | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

3.5
AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
  1. "Best Mobility Company to work for. Period."

Current Employee - Business Acquisition Sales Executive in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

AT&T values and cares for their employees. You’re not just another number to them, and you’re not just “another sales person” who’s replaceable. AT&T puts forth an effort to retain and keep employees happy.

Cons

None, except for compensation plans are changing often and not always for the best; however the compensation plans are still far better than any other telecom company out there.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing, and keep your focus on the frontline employees who are making the company the money.

AT&T2019-03-17
  2. "Horrible since att bought directv"

Current Employee - Satellite Technician in Urbandale, IA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Free directv Cell discount Benefits Union Freedom in the field

Cons

Big corporation takeover Mandatory overtime with 48hr notice Bonus structure has gotten horrible Cell service is crap (here) Lack of compassion I really miss the days of directv

Advice to Management

Your field techs are THE face of the company. Care about them more! Make bonuses obtainable

AT&T2019-01-21

"Retail Sales Consultant."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back environment with a good opportunity to interact face to face with customers. It'd pretty easy to do, once you get ahold of things and working the computer systems.

Cons

There was a lot of pressure on TV sales and that's where all the money is made. They also promise you that would will make all this money that you never do. I was one of the top sales representatives for the whole state and they still never paid me nearly a thousand dollars in commission they promised me. They also work you to the bone with hours. I worked 70 hours a week at minimum usually and rarely got days off. I...

Advice to Management

Stop buying companies that AT&T can't afford and taking it out on your employees. You should never have bought DirecTV or Time Warner/HBO. Only company you should have bought was U.S Cellular and stuck with phone sales. The "we are an entertainment company" crap just led to you losing money and one of your best employees. Also, fix OPUS. It sucks.

AT&T2017-12-27
  4. "Tons of corporate kool-aid but great for motivated individuals"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. Grows confidence and people skills. Great discount. An exciting company to be a part of now and more likely in the future.

Cons

Leadership seems like a hard thing to do within. Constant quantifiable goals makes coaching more of an anxious push and bossing around rather than true leadership. Retail hours. Management doesn't care about work life balance motivation to them is "willing to do anything".

Advice to Management

Frontline employees are compensated well, and recognized but to prevent resentful attitudes and turnover, implementing a cultural shift towards "work life balance" and taking care of people as a "whole" may make frontline employees more motivated and engaged. Immediate store managers need more development they are struggling to "lead". Find out a way to recognize and promote integrity within leadership and within sales...

AT&T2016-12-06
  5. "Needs promote better people"

Former Employee - Sales Support Representative in Des Moines, IA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Discount on phone service, decent health & dental insurance & good pay.

Cons

Working every single holiday every year. No time off during the holidays for the people in the retail stores but the executives get the time off. They also like to promote incompetent people. Had too many managers who didn't know how to do their jobs.

AT&T2015-08-17