AT&T Reviews in Farmington, NM | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 979 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 278 reviews)

1. "GREAT COMPANY, Horrible Managers"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Farmington, NM

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make a lot of money being a sales rep especially straight out of high school or college it pulls in about 4000$ a month from hourly and commission and goals are easy to hit!

Cons

The turn around is very big, they watch your every move for mistakes.. some mangers are horrible others are amazing working their for a two years and went trough 5 Managers.. and hours suck if your new

Advice to Management

If your reps are hitting goals stop getting mad at things that are so little ex. not sitting on the wrong side of the table really? that is why i left.. to much nit picking

2. "Good if you don't have a manger who doesn't hate you for an unknown reason"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Farmington, NM

I worked at AT&T (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, other co- workers

Cons

I was with the company for 8 years. I'm guessing that management figured they would get rid of me. They would always ignore the bad things that other co-workers would do and knit pick on every single thing that I did. A complete unfair work environment. Before that, things were great!

Advice to Management

Treat all employees equally, don't micromanage so much.

"Think twice before applying!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Farmington, NM
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Farmington, NM

Pros

Compensation is very competitive compared to other jobs around the area that do not require any education beyond high school

Paid bi weekly when we finally went union instead of the 6th and 15th when we were not union

Union benefits have a lower deductible than directly through AT&T

Cons

Meetings scheduled last minute

Early morning weekend meetings which is hard for parents

You start each month in the negative numbers. Some months you are up to -15

We can not activate service for a large number of potential customers who live outside of our service area on the nearby reservation. If we do accidentally activate service, they get shut off for roaming which results in another chargeback.

There are too many metrics that you are accountable for. At last count there were at least 12.

There is always a new initiative coming out that you will soon be accountable for.

Advice to Management

Keep employees in the loop! I can find information on upcoming AT&T phones and plans online way before I can using our own internal portal! Relax on the metrics. Employees can only do so much with each customer. Regional management needs retraining. When confonted about our concerns employees were told to suck it up or quit because we weren't going to find anything better paying in the area.

Showing 3 of 16,500 reviews