AT&T Reviews in Gainesville, FL | Glassdoor

2.5
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Pay and benefits are better than I’ve ever dreamed imaginable" (in 890 reviews)

• "There is a proper work life balance" (in 503 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1082 reviews)

• "very long hours; no work-life balance" (in 312 reviews)

1. "Account Executive - Indirect Sales"

Current Employee - National Account Executive in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - National Account Executive in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement ...if you are willing to relocate. Jobs are available in every state and all over the world.

Cons

It is a very big company. Things can get impersonal.
    Company leadership likes for people to move from market to market to seek advancement. It is sometimes impossible to get promoted in your local market or state. This applies to middle management and above. Local store sales reps and assistant managers can usually advance in the same city.

Advice to Management

Management should consider doing away with their un written philosophy that you must relocate in order to move up in the company.

2. "Used, manipulated, lied to and cheated."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay was good 8 years ago. It has been and exercise in patience and a lesson in trust of corporate management.

Cons

Used, manipulated, lied to and cheated. The company encourages deceiving customers for short-term gains in plain knowledge of the detriment to the satisfaction and equity of the customer, destroying the morale and integrity of the employee seriously damaging the reputation and return of AT&T.

Advice to Management

Run the business for the benefit of the company , the employee and the customer, not the shareholders.

3. "Retail sales at it's best"

Former Employee - Retail Management in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Management in Gainesville, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great career advancement opportunities. Good pay and very rewarding company to work for.

Cons

Retail hours are difficult to work with during the holidays and the company blacks out vacation during these times. Goals are sometimes very had to reach however they are obtainable if willing to work the busy times and stay focused.

Advice to Management

Consider more work life balance, I know it's retail but it can be done. I loved working for the company and always felt like I was a valued employee however the decreased commission structure over the years lead me to a different career path.

"Worked for Cingular Wireless before they were bought out by AT&T"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I made good money and originally we had great team spirit. Then the company brought in some employees from down South Florida and the teamwork went out the window. Back then, we were always closed on Sundays!! Had a great Manager... thanks Janet.

Cons

Long hours and weekends. Not enough employees to cover the workload. Not much for carreer advancement.

Advice to Management

Give us the flexibility to convert the customers. In the beginning, it was "do what it takes" to get the customer. Now that flexibility in no longer in place. Strictly by the books!

5. "Could be Better if anyone cared"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Gainesville, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool Technology in a strong retailer

Cons

Akward and inefficent POS and policies

Advice to Management

Make the technical side of the sales process quick, efficient, and effortless so that the customer can have more priority, and the sale staff can be less frustrated.

Showing 5 of 18,307 reviews