AT&T Reviews in Green Bay, WI | Glassdoor

Randall L. Stephenson
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours (in 1068 reviews)

• very long hours; no work-life balance (in 308 reviews)

"ATT MATH - A New Way to Learn"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good FT benefits. 50% off Uverse. Company phone. Great co-workers. WAS good pay.

Cons

SQUEEZE you like an empty tube of tooth paste.

No matter what you do or how well you do it...they will always remind you what you could have done better! They want MORE!! 100% is not good enough!! This is straight up ATT math!!

Seriously ATT is ridiculous! They DO NOT care about their people and they are a stuffy old company that is not innovative, they just have all the money!

The now newest "thing" is if you call in sick up to 8 times in a year (its actually within more than a year, i will explain) you get fired...but don't worry you will get 10 sick days. Thats fair, right? NO! Its AT&T math! You get 10 sick days but every day your sick you get a point! LOL! Then when you hit 4 points your time freezes for 3 months and if you dont get another point it starts where it originally left off. If you call in sick again and get to 5 points, you earned 6 months of freeze time!! And you might have guessed 6 and 7 points will add another year!! LOL!!

BTW - AT&T does NOT have personal days or the like. If you miss any scheduled day you get a point.

Easter not a paid holiday. Hmmm. Shows the morals and ethics of this EVIL EMPIRE.

Four and five years ago it was common to make 2K to 3K a month in commission, with an average billing of $50 a line. Now I cant make $1K a month, with an average billing of $80 a line! Again, good old AT&T math!

They just added 3 additional hours to the stores schedules and in the same breath ordered no overtime and no additional head count. YEP, ATT math strikes again!

Baffled at your choices for advancement!! 90% of them are goof balls. Then you have a manager training program that lasts a year and then you dont promote those people but instead you give them manager codes so they can do your job, just dont get paid for it. Smells like...ATT math!

Management picks, arbitrarily, what is important. This month. Insurance. Installing MY ATT. and Accessories. 2 of the 3 we dont get paid on but that doesnt matter we are just privileged to work the mighty death star. Accessories we might get 5% commission on, of course no one has those magic numbers, its ATTs secret math department. The real funny is if we dont hit those three goals we get written up, even though they constitute 10% of our total quota. So let me get this straight, you dont care how many Gross Adds (new lines) we get (hmm that grows the business the fastest) you care about selling WAY overpriced accessories. Hey its a bundle deal...$85 for case, screen protector, and car charger. LOL. I could easily buy online for HALF that! Crack kills, ATT, crack kills!

Ohh but you have a union. WHAT UNION?? They had a hands on guy for 2 seconds and he was not PC enough so they dropped him! And they only come around when they want your money but I dont see them making any difference today, except in my pocket book. Maybe they are just taking a play out of the ATT math book!?!

Advice to Management

Wake up! Stop driving your reps to drink! We are drunk enough! Stop changing your mind on goals and quotas! Read the Cons and try to help out...or just take a little catnap before you go on vacation!

Showing 1 of 17,915 review