AT&T Reviews in Harrisburg, PA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Harrisburg, PA

Pros

Great Company; promotions, pay, team work Love it

Cons

Benefits are probably the same as other company but wish they could be better

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

2. "Cx service"

Current Employee - Technical Supporr in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Supporr in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at AT&T (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing is pau

Cons

Working for a company that only sees numbers and not humans. Awful

3. "Technical Support"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, and co workers

Cons

Very uptight about scorecard and following 5 principles. When I started working there the environment was fun. It helped with the job. The longer I worked there the fun went away. Management was very critical of what you did not do in a call. Hours became worse and shifts change every 6 months. Sometimes there would be a surprise shift change. The shifts became to where you could have two days off if you opened or closed the center. If you had a shift in the middle of the day, your days off were split. Management changed to where they use to work with you if a family situation or any situation came up to where they made accommodation one time. If anything else came up they pasted it on to their manager to decide. As of with the job, pressure to be within a 16min call was unrealistic with some customers. Some customers needed extra help and a lot of the time we were suggested to push them to a store or self service. At times the stores would push customers back to us which resulted in bad surveys.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page

4. "Good pay, supervisors care..bad upper management that treats you like a number"

Current Employee - Call Center in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Call Center in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits including half off service, discounted DirecTV, tuition...good coworkers

Cons

Awful schedules, flavor of the month goals, rated by surveys that don't reflect how good you are at your job

Advice to Management

Good environment leads to good behaviors, which drives performance. Numbers don't drive behaviors, other way around...

5. "Advance tech support"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing. There is no pros

Cons

Slave labor. No concern for well being. Watch people fired over family emergencies

Advice to Management

Micro managing does not make people want to work for you. Working reps harder so you can get a better schedule is wrong

6. "Fun job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best jobs I had after serving in the military was working as a tech support rep! Helping people solve issues with devices and being rewarded for going above and beyond. I had some amazing bosses who were like cheerleaders for their teams.

Cons

The only down side for me was having to bid on working holidays.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job with keeping morale up! I had a blast during my 2 1/2 years!

"Excellent Pay and Benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at AT&T (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Pay and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401K w company match after a vesting period. Union Representation and arbitration

Cons

Ever changing 'stats' make it difficult to earn bonuses, manager favoritism,

8. "clean environment but i didn't feel the company appreciated me"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at AT&T part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good money and 50% your phone bill and 50% off SOME accessories

Cons

customer service surveys- disrespectful people who are always trying to use the slightest reasons for somthing free..a sales persons job is to sell things not give them away

Advice to Management

treat those doing the job better than those doing the minimums

"The worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Call Center in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are pros at AT&T. You get very good benefits and very very good pay.

Cons

There are more cons then pros. Fresh out of training I was picked on. The trainer was all right but unfelt like I didn't know everything I needed to know after training. I learned way more in the floor. I worked long hours and worked Very very hard to learn everything I knew. As soon as I got on the floor the one manager bashed me right away. It continued to happen every night. I'm easy to get along with and am a hard worker. There was a supervisor who picked on me every night and even s harassment towards me. I was abused while on the floor at AT&T. I was threatened to be beat ostracized by others. Not once did my boss do anything to stop it. I don't have the best sounding voice but later found out they were trying to fire me anyway because of my voice. Silly right?? The entire office stood up and called me a re re and made fun of me. I will say I will never recommend this job to anyone. While the pay is good and benefits seem really nice the people and management are truly awful. Don't ever work at this job even if they offer to pay you well. Refuse it. Because at the end of the day if the insane stats don't hurt you the people will. They don't care if you're a hard worker or not. Please please I beg you do not under any circumstances ever work at this shady piece company!! Luckily I found a much better job where I'm treated with respect. So I left before they fired me. For my annoying voice.

Advice to Management

Perhaps instead of hiring people to dumpster dive and talk trash on people you should hire managers and supervisors who can actually pull people in the office and just fire them. Worst company ever!!!!! Worst management ever!!!! I will never EVER recommend anyone for this awful job.

10. "Harrisburg PA is the worst Call Center in the world."

Former Employee - Supervisor in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any at all---dusty building -filthy restrooms, everyone smokes, everyone is threatened, my team lost half of the reps in 3 months ---quit one by one. Training is done by older experienced reps with no training in Training.
    Oh, they change Managers every 6 months so you get a chance to get a less cruel boss at that time..........

Cons

Hours, pay, conditions--abused verbally, threatened by Manager, morale is in the toilet, TURNOVER IS VERY HIGH.
    Not very ATT Call Center refuses to allow you to take notes, refuses to let you to leave early in a snowstorm---your commute ends up being 3 hours long---not every ATT Call Center is run so ineptly, and with such fear tactics and cruelty, real cruelty.

Advice to Management

Close the place-look to Florida---they do it differently and can't believe what you do in Harrisburg!

Showing 15 of 18,982 reviews