AT&T Reviews in Hong Kong | Glassdoor

Randall L. Stephenson
  1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Hong Kong

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place and nice people to work with. Good boss!

Cons

More permanent roles instead of contractors.

Advice to Management

Too much admin work for sales and sales leaders, creating work pressure.

AT&T2018-05-28

"Great company, a big brand name, good benefits, and takes quite good care of its employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good work/life balance for most and even in . Pay for most are within or little above industry average. office politics are minimum. Most managers are OK and reasonable and depends on your organization management, some management are really proactive to raise their organization profile and stance.

Cons

My manager is a real nice fella but totally lacking leadership and social skills. He doesn't know how to lead or delegate. My appraisals has been outstanding for the last 10 years and received numerous accolades from other orgaanizations within that I collaborated with. Yet, I don't get promotion or band upgrade. My manager knows my greastest skills but failed to create a role for me. My so called team leader is... also lacking leadership skills and don't have the operations knowledge or mindset.

Advice to Management

Give the subordinates a role to play acknowledge their skills, praise them when they do a outstanding job and correct them when they do it wrong, go out and reach out to them, communicate often on even a casual level otherwise the appraisal and one -one meetings are pointless. A manager cannot be an introvert. Communication is two-way!

AT&T2014-05-06