AT&T Reviews in Huntsville, AL | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours (in 1065 reviews)

• very long hours; no work-life balance (in 307 reviews)

1. "Solid company, consistent in job reliability."

Current Employee - Area Retail Sales Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Area Retail Sales Manager in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Flexible schedule and great benefits. A solid position for someone to spend a career in. Also, reward trips are a blast.

Cons

A lot of fire drills and task that just happen to pop up. Can at times be over stimulating. If you're a male of European descent, good luck advancing.

Advice to Management

Seen out performers, less focus on "networking"

2. "You're just a number there"

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good incentive package if you're a good seller

Cons

You're just a number to them, you're not given a script but yet are required to say certain phrases on every call and make it sound natural, one manager could say you're doing great on calls and another say you're doing so bad that you're getting written up

Advice to Management

Get everyone on the same page, treat employees like their humans, don't single people out in front of peers to reprimand or give negative criticism

"Directv was the most amazing place to work,ATT ruined everything we stood for"

Former Employee - Senior Account Specialist in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Specialist in Huntsville, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

Directv gave cash and prize incentives every week. We had great leaders on the call floor to assist us as needed. Directv was big and prided themselves on doing things "the right way". Complete honesty and willingness to help.

Cons

Att laid off over have the call center (salaried employees) which included all of our floor support which caused quality and first call resolution to drop. Att has now put several hidden fees on directv bills. Att is not a believer in "Honesty is the best policy ". It's all about pushing services and bundles on customers instead of finding out their wants, interests and needs. Att also took away all cash and prize incintives.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing and do it the right way. If it were left to me and I would Set up classes with Directvs original team leaders and also upper management to instill the right way to do and say anything.

4. "You can forget your schedule"

Former Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Huntsville, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Good benefits, Paid Vacation/Personal days

Cons

Overtime, you keep working til all jobs are caught. that may be at 5pm or 9pm. it varies everyday but later is more likely. Also, they'll make you work extra days with barely a weeks notice.

Advice to Management

Don't work your guys so hard. No sense sending somebody 45 minutes to an hour out of turf at the end of the day.

"Great Job several years ago"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Huntsville, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None. Do not go to work for this company. They absoutlely will find a way to cut your pay ever my year.

Cons

Tons of pressure, job demands a lot of OT, not a very good place to work if you want any sort of life balance, and job looks to cut employees pay every year.

Advice to Management

Wouldn't recommend anything to management. It's like talking to an AI script. They've got a script they follow and they will not deviate from script. Any feedback you could give them just does not compute.

6. "CSRII"

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay in exchange for the amount of experience had

Cons

Stress over goals that are most of the time un-achievable

Advice to Management

There are a few managers at the Huntsville location that are some of the most conniving people I have ever met.

7. "Ok"

Current Employee - Assistance Queue/Client Service Specialist in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Assistance Queue/Client Service Specialist in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great job perks like discounted tv, home internet, and mobility services. Commission checks every 3 months extra $1k-$2k on check. Laid back direct upper management.

Cons

Lack of growth within the company. Schedules are not the best for work/life balance. Must work weekends until you have been with the company for a while.

Advice to Management

More options for advancement and more face to face training. Online training does not work for everyone

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Pay, benefits, bonuses, work conditions, cafe

Cons

Will fill in later, thanks

"Tough job, nice pay."

Former Employee - Call Center in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Call Center in Huntsville, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is really good. You will be very satisfied.

Cons

lazy team leads. Its like pulling teeth trying to get assistance.

Advice to Management

leads are very lazy and at times rude unless they like you.

10. "Company has changed for the worse!!!"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Huntsville, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay can be pretty good if you over exceed sales goals.

Cons

Management is the worse I've seen in years. The area managear has created a very hostile work environment.. Nothing you do is ever good enough. The comany has fired nearly 15 people in the last year or so I worked there. The expectations are far to high and they basically got rid of all there tenured reps and management. AT&T is a joke and I question their values. Upper management seems to like the new structure. "Out with the old, not with the new is their motto". When did it not become about the customers.. They don't want their employees doing what's right for the customer but doing what benefits the company.

Advice to Management

Understand that the way you treat your workers is a representation of the type of company AT&T is. You represent AT&T; You are AT&T and I don't like the way AT&T is. Also know that you can't force a customer to buy everything in your store. What happened to learning about your customer and finding out what they need. AT&T could care less about customer service and that's sad. The customers are why you're still in business. Appreciate your tenured reps and try teaching doing what rough for the customer versus what rights for you.

Showing 26 of 17,904 reviews