AT&T Reviews in Indianapolis, IN | Glassdoor

2.4
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Pay and benefits are better than I’ve ever dreamed imaginable" (in 890 reviews)

• "There is a proper work life balance" (in 503 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1082 reviews)

• "very long hours; no work-life balance" (in 312 reviews)

1. "Complete front line service to all of AT&T’s customers"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Carmel, IN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment with specific attention to safety out-of-town job assignment opportunities for overtime in the local area is trained in all aspects of company plant and repair

Cons

A lot of hours away from home and family. Working in severe and extreme weather,As well as dangerous environment which require special safety precautions and measures

Advice to Management

Employees need more opportunity to receive bonuses in the form of winning contest keeping people involved in promoting comeraderie

2. "Not a career, but it’s an okay “no degree” job"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, okay retail hours, you get to stand around on your phone for hours when it’s not busy

Cons

Terrible politics among management that trickles down, questionable and unethical management.

Advice to Management

My experience with management was terrible. I was told many things during and after my job that were said about me and completely unprofessional. I was also lied to so and ultimately cohearsed out of receiving my maternity pay. They are very manipulative and certainly not a place where you would want to grow and stay with.

3. "CSS"

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay and Benifits overall.

Cons

No sense of company direction.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with the real world.

4. "Retail sales consultant"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Carmel, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits were good, we got vacation time right away and free shirts.

Cons

Terrible hours, management won'twork with you on personal issues, management hovers over you while you are with customers, management is demeaning, you are micromanaged, commission constantly changes for the better of the company not the employee and the work environment is toxic because of management.

Advice to Management

I would suggest for them not to take there job so personal and try to fire people just because you don’t like them.

5. "Retail Hours"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Carmel, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discounts on services. Decent pay.

Cons

The company has changed a lot, they are only interested in pushing sales and not disclosing the proper information to the customer. Providing good customer service is not a concern for them anymore. The information the call center gives customers is not the same as the stores. They are eliminating the need for full time employees. They are eliminating many jobs in the United States. Sadly, you deal with a lot of angry and frustrated people. Retail hours.

Advice to Management

The managers they started promoting are not caring. They do not have any compassion for the employees and their lives. They only care about a number. The company used to make me feel valued as an employee. I now know I am only there to make a quota and work holidays and weekends.

6. "PREMISE TECHNICIAN"

Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interaction with wonderful customers. There the reason I do what I do. Self rewarding...just hope I will have a job in the next few years.

Cons

CEO takes tax break from government and lays off thousands of employees. Promised more jobs for time warner merger....layed off couple hundred day after deal was allowed.

Advice to Management

Less management and A CEO that understands you need employees to keep your 5 mansions.

7. "my review"

Current Employee - Premises Technician in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Premises Technician in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome Company to work for.

Cons

my manager has serious issues.

Advice to Management

bad apples need to fall from the tree

8. "CSS(outside repair technician)"

Current Employee - CSS in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good middle-class wages and good healthcare options. Also, a company funded pension, which is not available to hires after 2001.

Cons

Since the purchase of AT&T by SBC, the emphasis has evolved from customer service to meeting a productivty matrix. Numbers drive this job, not good customer service. AT&T 1st line managers treat the union workers with little respect and enforces the numerous tech expectations with disciplinary action unequally. Some techs are not disciplined for COBC violations, while others are. I have been employed 17.5 years and now I being micro managed with threats of displinary action, up to & including termination for parking my company vehicle in a customer's driveway.

Advice to Management

Manage your teams toward success, don't only be the enforcer of policy. Use descretion when dealing with employee mistakes or errors. Remember, to error is human.

9. "Large Company - Good & Bad"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay compared to other retail opportunities. Great benefits. Excellent training. Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

How you view this large company depends primarily on your supervisor. It's easy to not feel valued unless your management is actually investing in you.
    Cross department communication is not good.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to the inspired and engaged surveys. No recommendations I or my team gave were ever implemented. Train your management hierarchy to actually care about their employees (which inspires and engages) instead of trying to convince the employee that they are inspired and engaged. Lastly, give your employees the tools necessary to actually fix the customers issues. I should not have to try and convince a fellow employee to carry out an action (that is right for the customer) that I should have already had the capability to do as an RSM.

10. "Talent Attraction Manager"

Former Employee - Talent Attraction & Acquisition Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Talent Attraction & Acquisition Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, pay, hours, opportunity

Cons

Surplussing ! work life balance. keeps buying companies at the expense of employees

Advice to Management

Work harder to find jobs for surplussed people

Showing 112 of 18,469 reviews