AT&T Reviews in Kalamazoo, MI | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Everything was great for the most part, loved the people I worked with until we got a new regional manager."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and you get to work with some pretty amazing people. Training was a blast and felt like I was on a free vacation being flown to Dallas every week and given my own apt. in a gated At&t owned complex. The training was right on site with a cafeteria that had everything you could ever want, and it was on the house. They treat you well, but also expect you to do your part as well, and that's sell!

Cons

Corporate employees felt kinda disingenuous and only interested in money. I feel like they would rather just replace someone who is struggling to make quotas, instead of being loyal and patient to the employees that try hard for them and take the time necessary to make them better.

Advice to Management

Try and be considerate of someone who not be making the kind of money for you that you expect from them, if that person is showing a genuine interest to learn and willing to do anything to get better. Try spending more time with people whom have children and bills to pay and need their income by maybe sending more to sales seminars instead of just jumping to "working the person out".

AT&T Response

Jul 24, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide input. But We try to balance the challenge of meeting sales goals by providing top-notch training, pay and benefits. We truly care for our employees and... More

2. "Sad----not a caring company anymore!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Amazing discounts on products. 50% off cellular discounts. DTV discount unheard of. Free home phone. Very low price/FAST (depending on where you live) Internet.

Cons

Outside group has a horrible "good ole boys" reputation. They talk about equality and integrity---but it is just for show.

Advice to Management

Listen to the customer facing employees! We are telling you what is happening out there.

3. "15-year representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at AT&T (More than 10 years)

Pros

pays well & has great benefits

Cons

you work very hard for your money & are put thru a lot of hoops that can change daily in regards to your job expectations. very stressful. limited time off but you know this going in & what expectations & options are open to you so can't complain re: inflexibility

4. "customer service"

Current Employee - Sales and Service Consultant in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Consultant in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at AT&T (More than 10 years)

Pros

pay, benefits, insurance, and product discounts

Cons

management not trained well to lead

Advice to Management

better manager skills training

5. "Premesis Technician"

Current Employee - Technician in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Technician in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job has descent pay, great benefits including a fifty percent discount on AT&T Uverse services and AT&T cellular services and free home Voip services.

Cons

The hours vary every "Tour" and you have to preference for your schedule every two months for the days you want which is based on seniority. You are typically required to work 3 Saturdays a month at my location with only one full weekend off a month. Then you might get Sunday and another random day off during the week. Also as a Prem Tech you can be sent out to different cities across the U.S. for up to three weeks with a very short notice.

6. "Great benefits and pay but not much time to spend with family"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits package and one of the only companies still offering a pension.

Cons

I do not get to see my son as much as i would like to. I think that the work/life balance is not there.

Advice to Management

I think that they should promote the people that keep the company going. I believe that transferring employees to different departments is harder than it needs to be

7. "The jod is great if you can handle the heat"

Current Employee - CRC in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - CRC in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and money. Nice in the bank when you cash the check

Cons

Life and family balances is kinda shaky at times but over all ok!

Advice to Management

Upper management will work with you at times

8. "Great place as a stepping stone for career progression"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

Benefits/perks
    Time off
    Travel
    Innovative solutions
    Team atmosphere
    Knowledge sharing
    Collaboration
    Support partners

Cons

Growth
    Pay
    Recognition
    Retaining benefits for customers
    Number of daily calls
    Expense reporting

Advice to Management

Learn to better care for your sales force which is the driving factor behind the companies success

"AT&T customer care - the place to work for great money and benefits - if you're completely devoid of all human emotion"

Current Employee - Call Center in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Call Center in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

great pay, great benefits, and great opportunity for advancement if you play your cards right. aaaaaand that's about it. yep. that's all. i've truely got nothing more. so i guess i can just simply repeat myself. yep, sounds good. i think that's what i'll do. great pay, great benefits, great opportunity for advancement if you play your cards right. great pay, great benefits, great opportunity for advancement if you play your cards right. great pay, great benefits, great opportunity for advancement if you play your cards right. great pay, great benefits, great opportunity for advancement if you play your cards right.......

Cons

employees have been working *mandatory* overtime for 2+ years b/c of understaffing, time off for *any* reason is nearly impossible to get, sick days are unheard of (two absences "allowed" per year - within those two days, any absence occurances require disciplinary action up to and including termination depending on the situation) once released from training, help and development is pretty much unheard of as well, and then, of course, the obvious factor that most customers call in for the most part pissed off about one thing or another and your job is to transition them from a pissed off customer into a buying customer, while being treated like their personal punching bag. oh, and my favorite thing? getting a verbal disciplinary warning when i've gone pee too many times within any given day......fuuunnn......

Advice to Management

your employees are exhusted. please please please hire additional employees to relieve the ones who have been working 10 hours a day, 5 days a week for the past 2+ years. this is not what they were accepting when the position was offered. commit to development of your employees. they should not be going months on end with developmental sessions being scheduled then CANCELED time after time after time, only to then be disciplined when they underperform. take care of your people and they'll take care of you. that's just good business.

Showing 9 of 16,996 reviews