AT&T Reviews in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours (in 1033 reviews)

• Life consuming, no work life balance (in 297 reviews)

1. "Great Career"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Consultant in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AT&T is a good company that has a strong history, high value products, and invests in staying relevant in the future. I have been able to make a good living and great career to support a life I love. My job has challenged me to keep learning and growing myself.

Cons

It is a big company so not overly flexible.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees.

2. "Senior Business Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Business Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Business Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation, Benefits, work to life balance

Cons

Insisting on everyone being in a collaboration zone

Advice to Management

The company gave up a lot of great employees because they were not in a preferred city.

3. "Corporate Solutions Executive"

Former Employee - Corporate Solutions Executive in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Corporate Solutions Executive in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive Salary + comp but never make great money as it is capped on the top.
    Good benefits and good people.
    Provided steady employment for family.
    Excellent products set

Cons

If you have a huge sale, your quota goes up to an unattainable number next year so they re-coop the commissions in the second year as performance may be sub-par against quota number.
    Constant reorganization and shuffling of headcount.
    Process can be complex and little to no help. Many nasayers in the org that say not my job.

Advice to Management

Simplify product sets and pricing
    Simplify processes
    Organization distress associated with acquisitions that don't come to completion

4. "Good Place to work"

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Benefits
    Paid time off
    Salaries are good

Cons

Not flexible with work hours
    Mandatory overtime

Advice to Management

Be mindful that employees have lives outside of work.

5. "A steady Paycheck"

Former Employee - Sales Coach in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Coach in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A steady paycheck and good benefits Good hard working co-workers. Made many friends working here.

Cons

Upper management too focused on achieving unrealistic sales goals. Too quick to remove good hard working employees from the payroll. .

Advice to Management

N/A The management could care less about receiving any constructive advice in my opinion.

6. "Great pay, no life work balance"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, better pay than other mobility companies with nice commission checks, excellent perks and company will make sure all travels are compensated by them.

Cons

No work life balance, long hours, lots of goal and commission changes that can be for the worse sometimes. You sale EVERYTHING entertainment has to offer which can be overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

My store manager was personally good! Managers above him can be more understanding when it comes to achievable goals.

7. "NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE... THERE ARE MUCH BETTER SALES OPPORTUNITIES OUT THERE!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job with union protection. You get decent discounts on tv, internet and cell phone service.

Cons

Expect hardly any opportunity to advance your career unless you are someone's friend, family member or lover... unless you believe it's just a coincidence that a lot of the managers are related to each other, married or have some other non-professional relationship. Even then your opportunities are few and far between. They keep firing and getting rid of more and more jobs... making 1 employee do the job of what use to be 2 or 3 employees. Your sales goals will go up year over year while your commission goes down year over year or even gets completely cut (like gross adds and reoccurring revenue.) Before long there won't be any commission left and the current commission structure is a complete joke compared to 5+ years ago. The company simply doesn't care about it's employees that are the face of the company, deal with all the BS and make the company all it's money. All the REAL sales professionals who actually want to make money have left or are in the process of leaving AT&T because this job has became a sales job with almost non-existent commission. Corporate doesn't care because they get to go around playing monopoly buying up all these other companies while they make more and more money by cutting jobs, pay and benefits of everyone below them.

Advice to Management

I'm not leaving any advice because corporate simply doesn't care. Things get worse and worse every year. Corporate will try to act like they're doing all these great things for us but at the end of the day they are simply taking away our "piece of the pie" while giving us back crumbs to eat. You didn't lose 25% of your yearly pay when you decided to cut everyone else's commission AGAIN and your benefits are still intact (not getting worse like ours.) AT&T used to be a phenomenal place to work but because of corporate greed the culture has gone to hell. How do you expect to have a sales force when you cap hourly pay and cut commission every single year while raising goals? How is it I can now make AT&T $12,000 in new reoccurring revenue but I don't get paid a penny for it unless the revenue is your insurance plan? I get paid the same for an upgrade as I would on new service and that is also literally a small fraction of what it used to be. We literally get paid pennies on the dollar compared to what we use to get paid for sales and alot of things we don't get paid for at all anymore. That's not how you, "take care of your employees." I should be making more money the longer I stay with a company, not less... especially when I'm selling more of the same products year over year while also selling all these new products that you keep developing. IF I MAKE THE COMPANY MORE MONEY I SHOULD GET PAID MORE MONEY... NOT LESS. THE AMOUNT THAT I GET PAID PER UNIT SHOULD NOT BE LITERALLY 1/10 OF WHAT IT USED TO BE. THE WAY AT&T TREATS ITS RETAIL EMPLOYEES IS DEPLORABLE. I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT WHAT'S THE POINT. MANAGMENT SIMPLY DOES NOT CARE!

8. "Software developer"

Current Contractor - Software Developer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Contractor - Software Developer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful team , flexible team.

Cons

no cons. love working here.

Advice to Management

good team

9. "If you want to be a slave and be yelled at for things out of control you've found the right place!"

Former Employee - Technician in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Technician in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, Health,vision and dental , Co Workers

Cons

Where to even begin days off change every schedule, you never know when you'll be off, MSOC is the devil. If you're numbers suck they don't try to help, they let you suffer to the point of no return. The union seems to like the legacy and I&R BSIMs better than prem techs. Always questioned my Army Reserve drill weekend and 2 week training. If you get a bad survey you'll never hear the end of it. The wonderful "50%" discount is a joke. Went through 3 managers before I left. More worried about numbers instead of crew morale. Customer service promises impossible things to customers and when you arrive the customer harasses you to the point of wanting to leave and not do the job. All workflow and other applications you need to do the job sucks. Doesn't work half the time so it takes you twice as long to complete a job. You're doing fiber, copper and directv installation and repair with NO EXTRA PAY.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of your butts. You've lost a lot of good technicians cause you guys micro mange to the point of having to do it yourselfs.

10. "Door to Door"

Former Employee - Home Solutions Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Home Solutions Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company culture, decent work life balance, day one benefits

Cons

If you don't mind door to door this is a good paying job

Advice to Management

Take more time to efficiently train your sales reps and stop focusing too much on metrics

Showing 48 of 17,516 reviews