AT&T Reviews in Kennesaw, GA | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1135 reviews)

• "Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE" (in 333 reviews)

1. "Great company, Trying to get back"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this company, I loved everything about it until they changed the point systems.

But Being a RSC is limiting, so once I graduated I left but once I get experience i plan on coming back

Cons

Pushy sales
    The point system was terrible. I couldn't walk and they threatened to write me up.. It was handled with the union

Advice to Management

Stop changing the commission structure. It becomes very stressful if we feel that we are going to loose our jobs over some unrealistic goals

"Just don't do it !!"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great company if you want to have a long lasting career. Only !! if you rub elbows with the right people. You can make allot of money at AT&T if you are crazy about sales and you are willing to let it consume your life. If you get upper brass to like you... you are good.

Cons

Everything else.
     I have seen some of the worst Corporate politics you could imagine. I had a co-worker who started the same time that I did. But, His mother works at AT&T corporate near Lenox mall. And she new the Upper brass of AT&T personally. Next thing I knew he was an assistant manager over people that had worked for AT&T for much longer than he had and was more qualified.
    The work schedule is terrible. You will never get 2 days off back-to-back and you will always have to work weekends and holidays. AT&T has a no vacation black out period after Halloween or the first week of November. So, your not going to be with your family for Thanksgiving and Christmas regardless of how much vacation time or seniority you have.
    The store I worked at was terrible. I loved my co-workers and assistant managers. But, It seemed like the top brass was there almost every other week. Just to Nit-pick something about you or your store. They always found something wrong something that the store was doing. No, matter how well the store was doing. Also, my store had allot of older senior sales associates. We had a new manager in the store every 6 months. And their mission was to get the older senior people OUT. I saw people keep their job while being under the influence of drugs. Then At&t would fire another person because they didn't hit some sales goals because "upper management" found something not like about that person. If the upper brass doesn't like you. You are as good as fired. Oh and the Union is a complete Joke !! They only fight for you if you pay your dues. I can go on and on. But, AT&T is not the company people paint it out to be.
     Like I said. Just don't do it !!

"they don't care about employees"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the pay is good and the work environment is clean they will give you a raise if you make sales and bonus is off the chain

Cons

you can't miss work you can't get sick you can't be late you must be on time you must be at work

Advice to Management

go to class to not be rude

4. "good company for working through school"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, flexible hours

Cons

not a lot of management support, constantly changing quotas and commission packages

5. "Not a really good company to work for....."

Former Employee - Call Center in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay was really good and it was a 3 year contract

Cons

schedule was crappy it goes on seniority

Advice to Management

Employers need to provide better training

"Ups and Downs"

Current Employee - Call Center in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Call Center in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

Mt 11 years at ATT has taught me discipline and how to set sales/professional goals. Ironically, this path is not going fast enough. My call center is DOWNSIZING and I know I must move on.

Cons

The Bigness of the company is a Negative. I feel the company is too big and customers and employees get shafted !!

Advice to Management

The management has missed some prime opportunities to build up a Great Employee with a myriad of talents. I would advise Management to be REAL !! I will not comment further as I am a mature professional I will temper my comments.

7. "It could be better"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

OK pay check, not as well as it could be. Plenty of very intelligent, nice, well conducted colleges. You can feel "comfortable" working at AT&T

Cons

If you are looking for career advancement and "Working up the ladder" go somewhere else. Even after 13 years, I'm still a Manager.

Advice to Management

All employees will and have made mistakes, there is a way to handle those employees. Also, Many have worked many years, with NO pay raise, and NO promotion.

"It was a rude awakening, and a dissapointing experience, probally one of the most in any company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

I would say that the salary was probably the most appealing feature

Cons

Poor Leadership roles within the call centers, the lack of communication between departments, the lack of integrity of the image of the company, unobtainable goals forcing reps to display unethical behavior just to reach them. The customer abuse!

Advice to Management

Treat employees and customers with more respect, and professionalism. Step up the communication between departments, and reach down deep and pull the integrity of the company's image back up

"Residential sales for Land Line,DSL,Television, and Wireless."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

Great benifits, great 401K match, great pay.

Cons

high pressure, unfair advantage if non-mgmnt., no sick days (only FMLA), written up frequently for minor issues.

Advice to Management

Equal oppurtunity, open door policy, don't hide impacting information from employees.

Showing 9 of 19,817 reviews