AT&T Reviews in Kentucky | Glassdoor

Kentucky

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Pay and benefits are better than I’ve ever dreamed imaginable" (in 895 reviews)

• "There is a proper work life balance" (in 508 reviews)

Cons
  • "work/life balance wasn't all that great" (in 1091 reviews)

• "very long hours; no work-life balance" (in 314 reviews)

1. "Really fun challenging fast paced job."

Former Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Louisville, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits with paid time off and vacation. Vehicle and tools provided with 8 weeks of paid training.

Cons

Steep learning curve with multiple platforms to learn with little or no help from management. Management styles differ radically from team to team.

Advice to Management

Not all jobs fit into time frames.

2. "Wire Technician"

Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Louisville, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and great benefits. If you like working alone and/or outdoors, you will get plenty of it here.

Cons

The company claims that employee safety is a top priority, but all that really means is that they don't want to pay out an insurance claim because of you. You're constantly under a microscope from management and it feels like, from day one, there's a case being built against you so they can fire you. You are randomly given a number of jobs at the beginning of the day, but there is no rhyme or reason as to what they give you, so it could potentially take you until midnight to complete your jobs (assuming customers actually still want you to come when their appointment window passed hours ago). Bringing any of this up to management gets you nowhere. There's constantly equipment shortages and you will often have to leave in the middle of a job to drive across town to pick up whatever you need. Supply orders are constantly weeks behind. I personally was less stressed when I was in the military than I am at this job. It's just not worth it.

Advice to Management

Start actually caring about your employees instead of just saying you do. Come up with a better system to balance out the work load evenly among employees.

3. "A rollercoaster, constant changes and more managers then I can count."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Newport, KY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Newport, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great hourly and ok commission.

Cons

Incentives and pay structure constantly changing, micro managing on every customer interaction, working every weekend and constantly pushing to sell direct tv that is a dying service. Feel you work 60 hour weeks and get payed for 40. Don’t get me started on the customers.

Advice to Management

Make the job more fulfilling. Not every customer is a DTV Sale. We are a sales store not a problem solving store.

4. "ATT technical support"

Former Employee - AT&T Sales Support Representative in Ashland, KY
    Former Employee - AT&T Sales Support Representative in Ashland, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work, decent pay for what you do.

Cons

Constantly dealing with angry people with back to back calls non stop.

Advice to Management

they fired all the managers before i left

"Shameful Company"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commissions are better than most wireless companies.

Cons

I was sexually harrassed repeatedly. I finally built up the courage to say something a couple of years after I left company. The investigator from AT&T said nothing could be done because I needed witnesses. I'm still in therapy because of the hell I endured.

Advice to Management

Listen and BELIEVE your employees.

6. "Good company overall"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Pros include Benefits including health, dental, vision, vacation, decent Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, professional growth, fun atmosphere most of the time.

Cons

The most important con for me was the poor advancement opportunity in local area for retail employees. There was basically one track and only two promotions before making out without having to relocate.

7. "Retail Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at AT&T part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is great, customer interaction can be fun

Cons

Worst company to work for ever. They would go as far as to convince you to commit self-harm if it meant you didn't work there while not hitting sales numbers

Advice to Management

Be better people

8. "Retail Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Danville, KY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Danville, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to make money, co-workers are usually good, sometimes you run into upper-level people who want to help. You can be successful if you're willing to set morals aside.

Cons

Since the acquisition of DIRECTV, threats have taken the place of positive reinforcement. Before, managers and those above them wanted to help you improve by working together and setting action plans, now you get threatened with write-ups and termination which makes the work environment very poor. People not directly in your store obviously don't understand the poor environment you work in, and judging by how your store managers are threatened, they are probably threatened as well and thus don't care. This used to be a great job that I loved, now I'm incredibly depressed that I worked here 5 years. We have 12 consultants at my store, only 1 likes it and he is a new hire who has been caught committing fraudulent sales by literally every rep (a daily occurrence) and has not been disciplined (trying to keep those numbers as long as they can).

Advice to Management

Stop with the threats, workers typically do not work well under those. You can positively improve numbers by believing in your product and showing the benefits to your employees. Threats get handed down top-to-bottom, so please talk to your consultants and see how they are enjoying their job, you do not have stores without them.

9. "Customer Assistant"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Louisville, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid vacation the longer you are there the more you get

Cons

Lower management is not employee or family friendly

Advice to Management

treat your employees better they are people with lives and families

"AT&T has lost its identity...from blue collar to young millenials chasing the $$$"

Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a chair to sit in for 30% of your time at work. Are allowed to use the bathroom at least 3x a day and use the drinking fountain if you get thirsty.

Cons

Very difficult to move up since 80% of managers grew through the sales ranks and unless you were friends with them it's almost impossible to move up. So many of my co-workers have quit over the past 5 years due to the complete disrespect for our position. We are basically the lowest paid workers within AT&Ts corporate structure and instead of helping us to grow they have fired and taken away our workloads to the point were many of us feel unwanted and need to quit so we can have some respect for ourselves again.

Advice to Management

Realize that you make 80% more than we do and most of us are treated like garbage no matter how much we try to protect your backs from CPNI errors and mismanagement of company funds.

Showing 105 of 18,704 reviews