AT&T Reviews in Largo, FL | Glassdoor

Randall L. Stephenson
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 970 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 277 reviews)

1. "Stressful place to work."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Largo, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Largo, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great health benefits, vacation benefits and it was a fun atmosphere with other employees met some great people working with the company.

Cons

I worked for AT&T for seven years, and for the past three I wanted to move up in the company was never encouraged by immediate management. Completely unqualified people get promoted into management. They constantly changed commission structure and it made it harder to make decent money. They had unrealistic quotas. I feel they are turning honest and customer oriented sales people into fast talking liars. With all the changes to the commission structure they are loosing valuable employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your sales people they are the ones on the front lines not the pencil pushers in upper management

"Used to be great, but it's been a slippery slope since day one."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Largo, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Commissioned sales with decent hourly. Union helps with hourly rate and protecting you from getting fired for no reason.

Cons

I used to make a lot of money at this company, but make less every year with raised quotas, maintaining those raised quotas with adding more reps, and commission cuts.

Advice to Management

Back off the micro-managing. Understand a work-life balance a little better and try to be a better, encouraging leader within the store and not just another delegating a-hole boss.

Showing 2 of 16,209 reviews