AT&T Lead Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 40 reviews

4.2
AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
  1. "Lead Financial Analyst"

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

Great culture, great work life balance and pay.

Cons

Hard to get past the GM level.

Advice to Management

Come in through a Development program.

AT&T2018-11-14
  2. "Opportunites abound"

Current Employee - Lead Financial Analyst in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

Generous work from home policy. Competitive starting salary. 12% + bonus.

Cons

Most opportunities are in Dallas.

Advice to Management

Quickly need to find ways to sell 5G

AT&T2019-03-27
  3. "OK place to work, if you can find a job there"

Former Employee - Lead Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

Overall AT&T was a good place to work.

Cons

Finance jobs were moved to CA and TX

AT&T2019-02-04
  4. "Good Place to work"

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

Good salary and if in the right group flex hours

Cons

yearly possibility of being caught up in surpluses

AT&T2018-04-27
  5. "Lead Compliance Analyst"

Current Employee - Lead Compliance Analyst

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

I have had great bosses/teams/peers/leaders to work with Incredible opportunities for lateral or upward movement if you’re willing to put in the work They invest in their employees education either by internally available programs for job related, application/systems related, even upward movement and college bound. You just have to be willing to take the initiative. Stability in a career, even for a military wife/mother...

Cons

Bring more jobs back to the U.S., things are getting dicey with doing business in other countries via non-employees, and our quality of service and satisfaction is suffering for it.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees both at work and at home.

AT&T2018-02-09
  6. "Great Company and Clear Career Trajectory"

Current Employee - Lead Financial Analyst

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great benefits -Competitive pay -Flex work hours and telecommuting are realistic options depending on your manager -Continuing education & new skills opportunities -Company vision is exciting and motivating -Great managers so far (in my experience)

Cons

-Hours can be long during certain cycles (I think this is more of a finance industry con, and not a knock on AT&T) -Sometimes the sheer size of the company can seem like a hindrance with regards to efficient communication & management bureaucracy -The interview/hiring process can take a while

Advice to Management

I personally love my manager (my direct supervisor is a great boss and awesome to work with- as well as his supervisors). My advice to UPPER management would be to stay the course! Remain on the cutting edge of innovation and keep challenging employees to do their best and produce work they are genuinely proud of.

AT&T2017-12-11

AT&T Response

January 29, 2018Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and for acknowledging the pay, benefits and training we pride ourselves on. With a company our size, sometimes it can take time to work through the application process to ensure we are hiring top talent. We are continually working to make improvements where ...

7. "Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Lead Financial Analyst in Bedminster, NJ

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

Salary is excellent, and co-workers have been exceptional for the most part. There can be a lot of opportunity for learning and career advancement.

Cons

Work load is frequently unrealistic, and health plans are not a as good as they were in the past - high deductible plans and a lot of health survey questions which many are not comfortable answering. The number of PTO days are generous, except the work load does not allow you to use much more than half of them.

Advice to Management

Listen to the rank and file on day to day operational concerns. One example: decisions made to change in processes negatively impacted employee productivity and even with the concerns being raised in a constructive manner with demonstrated impacts, their was no change in direction.

AT&T2017-05-24
  8. "Awesome growth & leadership opportunities"

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I joined the company as an intern in the Financial Leadership Program. This was a great fast track opportunity and quickly exposed me to a variety of finance disciplines. We have great leadership programs and our employee resource groups (ERG's) are second to none. These groups offer a safe space to test the waters in areas your day job does not. As a result of my engagement, I have been afforded many opportunities, both...

Cons

With the constant pressure of downsizing, work loads continue to increase and I constantly feel pinched. While this can be true of any job, it certainly is a huge challenge for me.

Advice to Management

We've been provided with multiple tools to keep us connected. Allowing greater flexibility in when and how employees access work will help us better achieve work life balance.

AT&T2017-03-29

"Lead Financial Analyst"

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Higher than average pay, good size bonus, discounted products like phone and DirecTV

Cons

Health care plan is horrible, analytics are not strong and actually discouraged, no one stays in their job longer than 18-24 months so not many are very good at it, everyone is working on their careers and not their job. Some people are overworked, while many are reading the newspaper all day.

Advice to Management

The company has many older workers who can't write a simple VLOOKUP function and are given higher pay and bonus than folks 10x as productive. "This is the way we've always done it" is said a lot. There is a lot of penny wise, pound foolish thinking as budgets are constricted to ridiculous levels for some things but not others. Simple things like plates, coffee, forks, and pens should be readily available.

AT&T2017-03-01
  10. "23 Year Career"

Former Employee - Lead Data Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

Strong Telecommunications competitor with definite commitment to providing employees with the tools to maintain their relevance in the workplace.

Cons

Internal communication can be less than expected for a communications giant.

Advice to Management

Work to break down more barriers to honest, effective communication between work groups. Provide pathways for constructive feedback with ground rules to aid in open dialog while avoiding abuse of all parties involved.

AT&T2017-02-01