AT&T Reviews in Lexington, KY | Glassdoor

4.9
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 917 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 261 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Principal Technical Consultant in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Principal Technical Consultant in Lexington, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees genuinely care about the success of their projects. Has great perks like Mobility and DIRECTV discounts.

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate projects with multiple silos with various leadership teams.

Advice to Management

Continue with the 2020 push we are growing with the company as employees. Vet our partners better.

2. "I never thought I would leave..."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people who I worked with.

Cons

The customers I had to deal with.

3. "Fairly good job"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY

I have been working at AT&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay for full time and part time are very reasonable. Pretty enjoyable work environment. They do provide decent benefits - Insurance, 401K, etc. Bonuses are nice, and you get paid out, at least a little bit, even if you do not hit 100% of your goals. Discounts on service and certain products. Great work/life balance, especially if you are in school/taking classes.

Cons

Insurance does not kick in until after 6 months, and the only way to apply for it is to pay a whopping 500 dollars per month when hired. I believe you can call to have your benefits applied and paid for after 6 months, but it was a hassle (for me anyway) and I will wait until open enrollment. Some sales goals are ridiculous to hit, you really have to push, work hard, and convince customers that they will love/need/want these products. And as with any retail job, you have to deal with the rude/unhappy customers on a daily basis.

4. "Decent plae to work"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY

Pros

Free Smart Phone and no cell phone bill. Good pay for what you do. AT&T leader is one of the in wireless technologies. Good benefits for person who does not have a family. Good place to make 40K plus. Part-time 35K. Good job security

Cons

Long hours, Union member for some position. It’s hard to get a day off when needed without advance notice, sometimes you are treated like crap by customers. Commissions’ have dropped every 6 months. Goals have raised higher and higher.

Advice to Management

Getting communication right. There is always a different rule at a different location. Getting away from the union (at some positions). understanding people that need off work on short notice. Making commissions better.

Showing 4 of 15,442 reviews