AT&T Reviews in Lexington, KY | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Principal Technical Consultant in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Principal Technical Consultant in Lexington, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees genuinely care about the success of their projects. Has great perks like Mobility and DIRECTV discounts.

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate projects with multiple silos with various leadership teams.

Advice to Management

Continue with the 2020 push we are growing with the company as employees. Vet our partners better.

2. "More and more piled on us but no increase in wages"

Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Georgetown, KY
    Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Georgetown, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is okay, benefits are decent, some of the guys I’ve become good friends with.

Cons

This is where things get long: with everything we focus on in our job, more and more and more work getting sneaked in behind us with them finding massive loopholes in union contracts. Numbers, performance is shoved down our throats, unrealistic goal (don’t ever expect to see a bonus) and if you do chances are you most likely cut a whole heck of a lot of corners and caused the guy that goes behind you to have a major headache fixing your mess.
    Kiss any chance of any kind of advancement goodbye.
    Horrible work life balance. Scheduling is the worst.

Advice to Management

Quit piling more work on us without the proper compensation.
    Have the materials we need in order to properly do our jobs
    Maintain your vehicles better.
    Understand we have families that we’d actually like to spend time with.
    Treat us like people and not numbers.

3. "RSC"

Former Employee - AT&T Mobility RSC in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - AT&T Mobility RSC in Lexington, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, easy money, a lot of down time, good benefits

Cons

Managers will tell you to do sketchy things then not back you up when you get caught, didn’t pay me for my vacation after I left, work random hours and random days off,

Advice to Management

Learn how to run your store without ruining people’s careers

4. "Retail Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Danville, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to make money, co-workers are usually good, sometimes you run into upper-level people who want to help. You can be successful if you're willing to set morals aside.

Cons

Since the acquisition of DIRECTV, threats have taken the place of positive reinforcement. Before, managers and those above them wanted to help you improve by working together and setting action plans, now you get threatened with write-ups and termination which makes the work environment very poor. People not directly in your store obviously don't understand the poor environment you work in, and judging by how your store managers are threatened, they are probably threatened as well and thus don't care. This used to be a great job that I loved, now I'm incredibly depressed that I worked here 5 years. We have 12 consultants at my store, only 1 likes it and he is a new hire who has been caught committing fraudulent sales by literally every rep (a daily occurrence) and has not been disciplined (trying to keep those numbers as long as they can).

Advice to Management

Stop with the threats, workers typically do not work well under those. You can positively improve numbers by believing in your product and showing the benefits to your employees. Threats get handed down top-to-bottom, so please talk to your consultants and see how they are enjoying their job, you do not have stores without them.

"Zero flexibility"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Danville, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

They pay well, great 401k match, paid training. Not a whole lot else, the company is terrible to work for honestly. Don't do it if you have a life or family

Cons

No flexibility in work schedule, you have to work closing shifts for years until you move up in tenure. Until then, you are working until 8 or 9 pm and every weekend. Call in 8 times and you get fires

Advice to Management

Give your employees some slack, their jobs and lives are completely miserable due to the work environment and conditions.

6. "I never thought I would leave..."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people who I worked with.

Cons

The customers I had to deal with.

7. "Fairly good job"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY

I have been working at AT&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay for full time and part time are very reasonable. Pretty enjoyable work environment. They do provide decent benefits - Insurance, 401K, etc. Bonuses are nice, and you get paid out, at least a little bit, even if you do not hit 100% of your goals. Discounts on service and certain products. Great work/life balance, especially if you are in school/taking classes.

Cons

Insurance does not kick in until after 6 months, and the only way to apply for it is to pay a whopping 500 dollars per month when hired. I believe you can call to have your benefits applied and paid for after 6 months, but it was a hassle (for me anyway) and I will wait until open enrollment. Some sales goals are ridiculous to hit, you really have to push, work hard, and convince customers that they will love/need/want these products. And as with any retail job, you have to deal with the rude/unhappy customers on a daily basis.

8. "Decent plae to work"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Lexington, KY

Pros

Free Smart Phone and no cell phone bill. Good pay for what you do. AT&T leader is one of the in wireless technologies. Good benefits for person who does not have a family. Good place to make 40K plus. Part-time 35K. Good job security

Cons

Long hours, Union member for some position. It’s hard to get a day off when needed without advance notice, sometimes you are treated like crap by customers. Commissions’ have dropped every 6 months. Goals have raised higher and higher.

Advice to Management

Getting communication right. There is always a different rule at a different location. Getting away from the union (at some positions). understanding people that need off work on short notice. Making commissions better.

Showing 8 of 20,471 reviews