AT&T Reviews in Little Rock, AR | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 954 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 273 reviews)

1. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Room for growth and lots of opportunities. CEO Randall Stephenson is an awesome leader who is ethical, cares about the employees, and makes smart decisions.

Cons

The medical insurance could be better.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints.

2. "Retail Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Constantly changing, so no monotony. We are union so we are protected from most harassment. You get to meet some of the coolest people

Cons

You get to meet some of the less cool people. A bad manager or coworker can really ruin the mood, like any job. It takes a few years until you can get a schedule that can accommodate a family. I didn't have a Sunday off for two years

Advice to Management

Help us have a better work/life balance.

3. "Work Hard and Reap the Benefits"

Former Employee - Student Intern I in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Student Intern I in Little Rock, AR

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome management that will invest in you and mentor you. You can trust them and they can trust you. People who work here really believe in this company and what it's doing. You will be surrounded by a lot of people who are really good at what they do and passionate about what they do so expect to work hard to keep up with those around you. Huge emphasis on promoting from within so if you're a top performer, they will recognize that and help you advance in your career. Not stingy with pay, benefits, or recognition. Turnover in corporate is low because they treat their employees well and invest heavily in them. There's always something new coming out or going on and this is a cool industry to be in right now. If you're looking for some place to punch the clock and put out mediocre work, AT&T is not the place for you.

Cons

Communication can be broken at times but management is aware of that and they try their best to fix it.
    They are so heavily devoted to promoting from within and "working your way up" they sometimes pass up great talent.

Advice to Management

I understand the importance of working your way up in the company but don't forget there is a wealth of talent out there that isn't looking to work in a store as a rep for a couple of years before going to corporate.

4. "A place that I would go back to"

Former Employee - Call Center in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Your coworkers become your family, everyone is very close to each other. Training is amazing. They don't forget about you once you go to another team, and continue to check on your progress.

Cons

Everyone could list a downside to anything. If there was one downside to work at AT&T it would be that you have a checklist of things to do on a call. I personally think it takes away from the pride one can take in a call.

Advice to Management

Remember who you were when you first started working for the company and give each new hire to grow. Understand that even though there are company goals the number one goal should always be growing each employee personally before professionally. Zig Ziglar once said "Your attitude, not your aptitude will determine your altitude. If you change the person into a person of character and have them grow in the way you want your employees to be the professional goals will come. Start with the person and everything else will fall into place.

5. "Customer service representative"

Former Employee - Call Center in Little Rock, AR

I worked at AT&T (More than a year)

Pros

it was great they are very professional

Cons

not any it was great to be there great people

Advice to Management

nothing keep up the good work

6. "Very professionally run organization."

Former Employee - Yellow Pages in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Yellow Pages in Little Rock, AR

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are awesome with AT&T. From Insurance, days off, discounts and everything else.

Cons

My only hold back in rating this company a perfect ten is the fact they are associated with Communication Workers of America. Not a big union fan. Sorry.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing.

7. "Management at AT&T"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Little Rock, AR

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time with AT&T. Most of my supervisors and co-workers were great. The pay is great if you meet all your goals and the benefits were excellent. Very fast paced.

Cons

High stress job. You may work all day - 8-5pm and then start again around 10:00pm and work until early morning 5 or 6am. Then be expected to be available the next day like you didn't work all night. I was a manager and their was no compensation for these hours except your salary. It was hard on my health.

Advice to Management

Listen to what your people tell you. I wasn't physically able to work all night and all day. Working at a location without a cafeteria or healthy food in the vending machine is difficult during the day when you can't get out to go get a meal. I brought my lunch/dinner/snacks but sometime you just need to get away from your desk. I worked in a different time zone from my bosses and they didn't understand sometime I needed to go home at 5...not 7 when they would be getting off work (not considerate).

8. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Pros

innovative company with quality and services. Good pay vac not bad. Managers are good there are and try to out

Cons

Very and i mean very strict attendance policy. There is a inside joke that has long as u come to work everyday no matter what else u do u will have a career here!

Advice to Management

There a situations in life that we have no and i mean no control. It would be nice to have the attendance policy revised.

9. "It's a really good and stable place to work."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Little Rock, AR

Pros

I get good benefits and management cares about our success.

Cons

I dislike office politics dealing with people's lives. Thats every company. You got to learn how to "play the game"

Advice to Management

Things have gotten a lot better since spring 2009

Showing 9 of 15,900 reviews