AT&T Reviews in Littleton, CO | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Pay and benefits are better than I’ve ever dreamed imaginable" (in 895 reviews)

• "There is a proper work life balance" (in 508 reviews)

Cons
  • "work/life balance wasn't all that great" (in 1091 reviews)

• "very long hours; no work-life balance" (in 314 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Littleton, CO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, good place to work

Cons

No holiday vacations they are blacked out

"Oversaturated and Political"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Littleton, CO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Matching up to 3% of 401k, health insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Sales reps tend to stay because of the great benefits, but most hate their jobs. It's a great start if you want to gain sales experience. It's a good start to a better pay if you've never had an hourly + commission job or worked restaurants or a high school or college grad that doesn't know any different.

Cons

It's all a political game. AT&T says it develops their own people, they don't. The Financial Leadership Program excludes employees and only accepts MBA students. The College hire program or RLDP program they rolled out years ago was a joke and we've seen more failures among managers that were hired as college grads. The declining pay is taking a toll. The telecommunications industry is over-saturated and they are desperate to bring in revenue, therefore putting a SIM card in anything that can be activated. The goals are unattainable and eventually AT&T will have to get rid of commissions and pay hourly because there will be no benefit to paying commissions the more over-saturated the industry gets. In the Rocky Mountain Region, there is no movement upward unless you become a Assistant Manager or Store Manager, people stay in their positions for a minimum 10 years leaving the rest of us stuck and either having to leave the company or relocate. The only people getting promoted are those who brown nose and fudge their numbers. Meetings galore, pointless meetings after meetings which are the same things being discussed over and over and over and over again. I mean like 2-3 a week in some stores, mostly around 3-4 a month if you don't hit your goals or don't sell certain products like Digital Life Home Security, Store Meetings, etc.

Advice to Management

Managers are getting stressed out because of the heat coming from upper management. This stresses them out, which in turn the reps get the wrath. Enough meetings. We are done hearing about everything over and over and over again. We know what we have to do, we know what our goals are, we know what we have to sell. We know we must slam and rip off customers to make the sale happen. Our goals need to be lowered, we are working much harder to just attempt to reach our goals and getting paid less. I've seen a $5000 + decrease in my pay since starting 4+ years ago.

3. "Life in the bunker"

Former Employee - Broadcast Production in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Broadcast Production in Littleton, CO

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting work with emerging technologies but access to work most exciting areas is very political. Mostly lateral opportunies. Decent benefits. Most non-management employees truly love the work and create a tight team culture.

Cons

Abusive management, unethical enviroment, pervasive gender prejudice. Most management level employees have little or no practical experience in areas they oversee. Not understanding the technology, production process and culture of the product creates useless tension, miscommunication, and damages relations with clients.

Advice to Management

Insist HR be accessible to employees, address ethics and workplace environment issues instead of penalizing employees that register complaints.

Showing 3 of 18,693 reviews