AT&T Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Software engineer"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AT&T as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment.Good project to work and expert skill

Cons

Long drive to reach office

2. "Substantial projects where I could make an impact"

Former Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AT&T as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great developmental and networking opportunities! I was treated like someone who was full-time

Cons

No direct path to full time

3. "Attractive as long as you are employed"

Current Employee - Architect in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Architect in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, plenty of opportunities to work in a variety of domains

Cons

The layoff cloud is forever hanging over your head. Advancement is somewhat limited.

Advice to Management

Need to start holding people (including those at the top) accountable for their bad decisions.

4. "Network and Cabling Tecnician"

Current Intern - Los Angeles South West College in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Intern - Los Angeles South West College in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AT&T as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Certified Computer Technician, Computer Network Technician, Computer Network and Cabling Technician.

Cons

Requiring a drivers license but not an obstruction would still love to work there.

Advice to Management

Hire people for their skills not a drivers license

"Strategy & Business Development"

Current Employee - Strategy Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Strategy Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, with a strong emphasis on gaining new experiences. Very "kind" culture with a lot of support.

Cons

Slow to take action and lower pay than competing firms

"Nepotism and Favoritism"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits with AT&T are great for Full-Time Employees

Cons

If you are seeking career growth within AT&T, this is not the company for you, unless you are very good at kissing butt. Every candidate chosen for key roles within the company are based on whom you know not what you know. The feedback provided is "continue to self development, the candidate we decided to go with was more qualified this time around". However, what they forget is that you can quickly identify who was selected for the opportunity, and as you review their profile on LinkedIn or internal sites such as TSpace, 9 out of 10 times the candidate chosen lacks the skills and experience you have on all levels. For example, I personally went through the interview process for a position in another state, I was well qualify as a level 1 leader in the business working in several different organization; the candidate who was chosen for the position had far less experience, work in one organization, failed to perform at the location as a manager in the past, was given the opportunity based on who they knew, stayed in role for 2 months and was promoted to a level to manager without a year in role (which is required unless you are a favorite). In addition, majority of the individuals who are selected for key opportunities are clearly fraud and would do anything for success (meaning taking advantage of customers, flipping sales, and manipulating the systems). Just so you know, I did not get fired, I decided to leave the company because lack of career growth.

Advice to Management

Stop selecting candidates based on favoritism and nepotism, and start choosing candidates based on performance and experience.

7. "Don’t waste your talent on this company."

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

TV/phone discounts. Tuition reimbursement for some college coursework.

Cons

Where do I begin? Between consistent layoffs, poor treatment of managers, including calling/texting management morning/night/weekends/while you are on vacation, there is no work/life balance or respect for your time. You will not feel valued, and the pressure for sales pushes employees to either mistreat customers, or be publicly scrutinized in front of their peers. Find a better place to utilize your talent. Upward mobility will be non-existent unless you happen to be sleeping with the right person at the right time. Integrity and ethics went out the window when senior leadership all changed.

Advice to Management

If you continue to remove your best store leaders, you will continue to lose the engagement of your entire sales staff, who you happen to need of you want to stay relevant in the customer facing side of the business. Stop treating your level 1A and 1B managers like doormats, and find a way to keep the pay structure consistent before you get a nationwide class action lawsuit. When you see regional size fraud issues, look at the senior leaders in that area, as it’s not the sellers who are coming up with the ideas and no leader is truly “unaware” of what’s really going on.

"Meh.."

Former Employee - Human Resources in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company strives for high standard in leadership. Expectations at each level extremely high. If you make it as a Director here, it means that your scope and span of work is huge. A director here can have as much challenge and responsibility as VPs or SVPs in other companies. Same for higher levels. Att is really a lean company for senior management and has few leadership opportunities.

Cons

The culture is so old fashioned, they are trying their best, but it is hard to move a company with hundreds of years in existence. There are a lot of Christians who happen to be leaders in the company and tell others their religion views and conservative notions. Beware. if you happen to be progressive or liberal. Promotions are hard to come by and they pay so little!!!. I know because I worked in HR and know how they compare with other companies. Very inflexible, change takes a long time. And for all the development stuff that they have, I wasn't impressed with their talent level. because talented people will leave a cheap and boring company.

Advice to Management

If you really want change and innovation, you should be open to other ways of doing things, please don't make the same mistakes you did with DIRECTVs acquisition with Time Warner. Your inflexible and cost leadership way of doing things will not translate well in the entertainment business.

9. "customer service associate"

Former Employee - Staff Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

it was an amazing company with wonderful benefits

Cons

management didnt appreciate the job you did

Advice to Management

appreciate employees

10. "ATT; Good company to work for."

Current Employee - AT&T Premises Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - AT&T Premises Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great environment and good exposure to telecommunication/IT technology.

Cons

Micro management, Little work-life balance

Showing 188 of 18,980 reviews