AT&T Reviews in Louisville, KY | Glassdoor

1. "Sales Coach Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Director in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Louisville, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation, vacation time, people and training.

Cons

It's who you know vs job performance.

"Honest Review - Seeker Beware"

Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Louisville, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I will give AT&T credit and pros on making new trainees feel like they're embarking on a "one of a kind" opportunity with a leading communication company. They step up and offer a competitive wage and provide paid, basic technical training at their training facility in Nashville. You get to learn the basics of working with low voltage, twisted copper pairs and serving terminals. If you make it through pass/fail training tests, you will get to keep your job and enter the field in job shadow training with a senior tech. If the senior tech recommends you a good fit and you make the cut, you will get your own van assigned and mostly new tools to work with. Most days, you work autonomously, unless you fall below the metrics and number goals upper management setup. This where the rest of the job becomes all Cons...

Cons

First and foremost, AT&T is no longer your grandparents good ole phone company. It is an international, outsourced money-hungry empire, led by greedy corporate management in TX. The company will tell you that they care about the customer. Don't be fooled. This company only cares about making money and as a Wire Tech, you are the grunt at the bottom of this corporate food chain. AT&T has moved away from providing quality phone and internet services to a strange entertainment and television company. Customers are just as confused now as the entire tech teams across the country. On this job, you are nothing more than a number on the metric system, closely monitored everyday by management. If you manager makes good numbers based on his tech's numbers, he gets a pretax bonus and you get nothing. Let me explain. This job is all about numbers and metrics. You will have more metrics and stats to strive for than a sports team or any other job in the world. These are the metric columns you have to maintain: Efficiency, Dispatch Efficiency, Quality, AIQ, Time not dispatched, Drive time, how many jacks you installed, how many AT&T apps you installed on customer's devices, how many pair changes you can do (which makes no sense), how many hours you demanded (actually worked) vs. how many hours the system calculates you earned...the list goes on and on. You are like an ant under a hot sun magnifying glass everyday. If you do not exceed the unrealistic numbers, your manager will begin to put you on his radar and micro manage every job and situation your in. He will assign jobs close your local garage, so he can roll up and heckle you about things such a not having rubber gloves on while using needle nose pliers or not putting a safety cone against the driver side of the customers car door. If a manager does not like you and you fail to make his pretax bonus, he can manipulate the system and get you fired. In addition to the very stressful pressure of trying to achieve your numbers everyday, the job in general will drain the life out of you. Prepare to become an AT&T zombie. On your days off, you will be so physically and mentally exhausted, it will be hard to get motivated to leave your house. This job will grind on you and cause a stress reverb to hang over you, even on your off days. Most techs all have a daily fear of losing their jobs. The management has made this position maintain an impending doom vibe. It takes daily mind renewal and focus to overcome the piles of nonsense you have to dig through. Let me give you one working example. If you get a big install job and spend 7 hours at the site, doing all the right things for the customer and ensuring the faulty AT&T lines and equipment works but the company only allows you a ridiculous 3 hours to complete this job, you have just entered the "red". All of your numbers are now negatively effected and you will take a strike against your performance metrics. On this same job..say a bad storm comes through and blows out the customer's new AT&T RG (modem) and that customer calls 800 number, you will get a 0-5day repeat. Your manager will come and inspect your job and regardless of what happened, you will get wrote up for it and the document goes in your personal record. Additionally, you now will drop in your quality metric, which is the "golden" metric that holds your job in place. By the way, managers can manually lower the quality metric to keep you lower than the goal, in order to heckle you more. Most weeks, the workflow are techs trying to do their best job, while dealing with mental warfare the management keeps launching at the techs. If you have children and value a good quality life at home or with friends, this job is not for you. I have a daughter and only see her 30 minutes before bed. Then on my contract weekend, I have to spend half of the first day off resting just to get back in the family and home state of mind. Trust me, this job has so much turn over and is easily replaced. Don't be enticed with the $20+ hr they promote. You are doing the work of 2-3 people all by yourself. This job is geared for a young, single person that might want to begin some basic technical skills and save up some cash for a couple of years. There's no future in this job or company. AT&T outsources as much as possible to the Dominican Republic and India. The company is buying out and doing everything to appear as though their dominating Xfinity and Charter but they're not. The company can only provide poor DSL internet speeds, faulty fiber optics not reaching GB power as thought, and now remounting satellite dishes with expensive, hyped up commercials paying Mark Waulburn to say what they want. It's all a money hustle and you will be at rock bottom, taking the blame for the poor services that do not work. When I arrive to a repair job the first thing I ask is "have you had trouble before?" 8 out of 10 customers will tell you that their service always cuts in and out. If you're ready to be micromanaged, do the work of 3 people all alone, work in mostly dirty houses, be treated like a number and chase your tail trying to make AT&T bad services and equipment work then this is your gig.

Advice to Management

Be a caring coach and not a dirty roach. The company and products are horrible and you know it. Don't forget where you came from. Take a stand for your techs.

"No Communication"

Current Employee - Wire Technician in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Wire Technician in Louisville, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discount on your DirecTv is pretty good. The pay rate is decent as well, except they just cut everybodys hours

Cons

Chance within a company is a given. It's going to happen. But, when changed occur and there is nothing said to the employees that it effects directly... That becomes a HUGE problem. The only thing that is communicated on a daily basis is how bad people are doing. Hardly ever any mention of the ones that try and go the extra mile to make things work. This position seems to be the catch all for every other departments short comings. Sales lied to the customer? The wire tech will fix it (and kill his effeciency in the process). The burial crew did a crappy job on burying a drop? The wire tech will take a repeat to go fix it, which is not his job in the first place. The list goes on and on and on.....

4. "Premises Technician"

Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in New Albany, IN
    Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in New Albany, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provided with vehicle electronics and all tools needed.
    Order your own material

Cons

Metrics system is unrealistic to meet.
    Micro-managed.

Advice to Management

Look at your employees as people and not just numbers on a metrics report

"I literally can't afford to show how miserable I am with this company over the past year."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits & service discounts
    I very much appreciate the dress code change for retail store employees, if I can't sit down with my customers for the 8-9 hours a day I'm there at least I can wear comfortable shoes.
    Plenty of paid vacation time and quota relief benefits

Cons

Being unable to actually use said vacation time in emergency situations & when myself or my child are legitimately sick without being penalized with "attendance points" I'm so sick of those limitations, as if being stressed about missing work & the days pay isn't bad enough.
    My comp plan this past year is the worst, I legit feel like the long time RSC's are being pushed out for new hires that don't know any better.
    Having too many members of management in one area everyday & not enough real communication between them, I can't count the amount of times a day I'm told to be sure & take my time with each transaction to be sure that I'm maximizing & then the next minute I'm taking too long with them even though I've covered all my bases & close at least 2-3 of the billion objectives that are placed on my agenda per customer.
    At least get back to paying me well if I must lose my sanity at least make it worth it.

Advice to Management

I'm somewhat appreciative of the 8 hours of flexible "Me Time" per year available now but the average working family has a lot more than 8 hours of emergencies in a years time, at least add more flexibility to that option, the stress of having to miss work is literally enough to keep everyone coming to work and if that's not enough to keep them coming in on a regular basis then they were never a responsible enough person to work for our company in the first place.

6. "Account executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Executive Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money and benefits are really good at AT&T There's an opportunity to make a lot of money

Cons

There needs to be more jobs in the Louisville area there's only the call center, I think more people would want to work for AT&T and then there were more jobs in this area instead of having to relocate

Advice to Management

Management needs to realize also people have lives and there are other things that are important to people instead of being at work 24/7

7. "RSC"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Louisville, KY

Pros

Great job, great benefits. tuition reimbursement. Opportunity to make a lot of money

Cons

Opportunity for advancement may leave store short staffed.

Advice to Management

they are doing an amazing job

8. "AT&T"

Former Employee - Call Center Director in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Call Center Director in Louisville, KY

I worked at AT&T (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits within the company

Cons

Stressful dealing with increased monthly goals

"wonderful work place"

Former Employee - Field Tech Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Field Tech Analyst in Louisville, KY

I worked at AT&T (More than a year)

Pros

Low micro management, fun work place

Cons

hours can be long. Always under-staff

"Retail Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Louisville, KY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, ability to write your own paycheck, team oriented sales environment, great benefits

Cons

Management is always looking out for themselves, management is numbers driven to a fault where everything you DONT sell outweighs what you DID sell (theres no winning with them). Only allowed 7 unscheduled sick days a year. 7 period. They began this process in April 2015. By October 2015, 7 out of the 13 RSCs i worked with only had 3 sick days left to use until April 2016. Terrible policy.

Advice to Management

Support your people. Commend good sales.

Showing 55 of 17,002 reviews