AT&T Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Randall L. Stephenson
1,221 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1135 reviews)

• "Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE" (in 333 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Invests in their people, always innovating, leader in tech

Cons

Sometimes layoffs are frequent which can mess with morale, cycles through same management all over the place

Advice to Management

Great job. Promote younger leaders and have familiar leadership faces mentor them on what they know. Time to see some fresh faces

"Horrible"

Current Employee - IT Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits- that’s about it

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY! Constant layoffs! Management has also restricted Telecommuting. Employees used to be able to work from home all the time- now it is limited to
    4 times a month. Impossible to find workspace at corporate locations- everything is “drop in” and you need to haul all your stuff into the office daily. Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Management does not care that you have a life outside of “the Death Star”. Try to leave or work from home with a sick kid, and you get written up! And I am a high level IT professional.

Advice to Management

IT employees need the flexibility you once gave us. We have ZERO WORK LIFE BALANCE. Over time, the best and brightest WILL LEAVE ATT. My coworkers and I are all just marking time. Waiting for the surplus and package- at which time we will take our talents elsewhere. ATT will be left only with the employees on the right side of the bell curve who are nowhere approaching top
    Talent if they don’t change the culture DRASTICALLY TO BE MORE EMPLOYEE DRIVEN!

3. "Case Manager"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits and PTO. Supportive management.

Cons

Heavy case load. Expectations are very high.

Advice to Management

Reduce case load to allow the managers to provide the service you want them to provide to each consumer.

4. "On site client service PM"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary room for growth

Cons

Poor work/life balance very political

Advice to Management

Improve work/life balance

5. "IT Project Manager"

Former Contractor - IT Project Manager in Bothell, WA
    Former Contractor - IT Project Manager in Bothell, WA

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility, nice co-workers, newer offices

Cons

constant reorgs, every few months, outdated processes, slow to improve. last 2 years constant lay offs both for contractors and full time employees. Morale is very low.

Advice to Management

Stabilize the processes and retain knowledge employees

6. "Started out well, ended very poorly."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Duluth, MN
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Duluth, MN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay compared to other similar jobs in the area.

Cons

Terrible medical benefits. If you work in a store your commission is mostly based on DirecTV but at&t had no clue how to run that company so it's a total goat rodeo that severely affects your pay and advancement opportunities. I'm white but they were blatantly racist and discriminatory. I had numerous managers fired for ethical violations and numerous managers that should've been but weren't. I was fired 9 days before my wife's scheduled c-section so that they wouldn't be short-handed during the holidays. If you're a customer, you better check your account over after visiting a store or making changes through customer service because they will stick it to you whenever it's convenient for them.

Advice to Management

Fix DirecTV before it pulls you understand. Fix the QIR investigation process. It shouldn't take over two months to fire a manager who's actively sexually harassing their employees.

"Assistant Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Evansville, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Great Money
    Lots of opportunities for certain employees

Cons

Horrible management in my area
    Lots of favoritism
    No room for implementing ideas
    Negative work environmeny
    0 work life balance

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees, stop treating them as a number

"Boring"

Former Employee - Senior Training Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Training Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not going anywhere, until the upcoming anti-trust hearings to break up the monopoly over media and its distribution channels; I’m guessing in 2022.

Cons

Standard, unimaginative US Mega-conglomerate. Att is what happens when a utility company pretends to be a Silicon Valley tech company. This cumbersome, antiquated giant buys up small agile companies with millions of financed dollars, all so they can own mediocre ideas it absorbs into their average-ness. The leaders are chasing what’s “hot” in the market instead of leading with innovation, even though internally they pat themselves on the back all the time for being so “cutting-edge.” They may be advanced when it comes to the towers, but the way the company is run is antiquated. They pretend to empower and give autonomy, but the company’s many divisions are clusters of middle-managers pretending to be productive. They buy ideas, while internally they ignore and stifle creativity.

"Non-diverse candidates need not apply"

Current Employee - Any L2 Manager Role in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Any L2 Manager Role in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Potential of company with proper leadership. Thousands of talented employees.

Cons

Middle leadership empire builders. Much of the greatness set forth by senior leadership is ignored or diluted as it makes its way through the L5-L3 managers. Extreme focus on diverse and college programs limits the opportunities for existing leaders regardless of ratings or benefit to the company.

Advice to Management

It’s amazing that AT&T is successful, at all. Put some focus on existing employees instead of wasting so much on employees that get promoted too fast to know how to lead. Many leave anyway after using AT&T as a stepping stone. You have many existing employees that aren’t part of an LDP program, but are actually amazing leaders. The problem is that those leaders are held back not given the opportunities given to “silver spoon” program candidates.

10. "Senior Sourcing Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Sourcing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Sourcing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive benefits and salary, along with great potential for training and experience. Advancement opportunities are plentiful as well up to a certain level of management.

Cons

Bureaucracy and constant change with little to no regard for the impact on employees and lack of employee input on changes. It is often stated that employee input is valued and welcomed, however it really isn't.

Advice to Management

Be more respectful of employees and what they have to contribute to the Company. Company deeds should more often match up with what the Company says.