AT&T Manager of Business Development Reviews | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1124 reviews)

• "Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE" (in 328 reviews)

1. "life learners welcomed!"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent training curriculum, benefits, and skill development opportunities!

Cons

Status Quo is highly discouraged. You've gotta be nimble, willing to implement and embrace change, and comfortable with being stretched beyond your comfort zone.

Advice to Management

Support your Employee Resource Groups, offer more mentoring opportunities, be more candid with wages in comparison to the industry. AT&T is highly competitive in pay and benefits; employees may suffer from "the grass is greener" syndrome.

2. "AT&T Senior Business Manager - Technology Development - I love working here."

Current Employee - Senior Business Manager - Technology Development in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Technology growth and employee development is very extensive. Strong company culture. Spirit of continuous challenge and personal growth. Active transformation in our Fortune 6 company with expansions from traditional communications into data analytics, mobile communications and devices, growth into entertainment with expansions via Time Warner and Latin America via DIRECT acquisition. Excellent 401 (k) match of 80% for the 1st 6% of salary allocated to 401 (k) resulting in 10.8% savings to retirement each year. Great benefits and tuition plans. Recognized as one of Fortune Magazines Best Places to Work. I have been here 31 years and while there have been challenges each and every year I am proud of my company and I have many great friends here.

Cons

You have to constantly grow and reinvent yourself to ensure your relevance in our workforce and fully embrace change. This is a challenge, not a negative. I think of the time tested axiom, "change or die".

Advice to Management

Always lead by example, not just edict. Always choose integrity over expediency.

3. "Re-organizations and surpluses are a real issue"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and work life balance for managers

Cons

Re-organizations and surpluses. You can do a good job and still loose your job.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with employees.

4. "Great work life balance , good pay and new technologies"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

Working in the IoT Solutions has been an amazing experience. A lot of experience with Fortune 500 companies and positioning next generation technologies. You set your own hours.

Cons

sales pressure, revenue pressure and trying to close deals

Advice to Management

need to be more strategic than tactical

5. "Business"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager/Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T (More than a year)

Pros

Moving towards the Cloud, Video Entertainment, and Mobility top player.

Cons

Slow to move towards the technologies.

Advice to Management

None.

6. "Lots of lateral opportunity with limited upward mobility options"

Former Employee - Business Development Lead Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Lead Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AT&T is a huge company so the chance to wear many hats and get into any type of function you may become interested in.

Cons

Being such a big company that has grown through acquisition, there is an inconsistent culture across products and locations. There is often little chance to bring truly creative solutions to problems, and the company does not value a "fail fast approach. Rather, it is a "fail never" culture which leads to a very conservative approach to all business manners.

Advice to Management

Needs to reexamine its process for promotions. The "Hi Potential" system is nothing more than lip service that a person is performing above the level of their peers.