AT&T Reviews in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours (in 1081 reviews)

• very long hours; no work-life balance (in 312 reviews)

1. "Great place to work and learn"

Former Employee - Tech Lead in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Tech Lead in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great experience working at att. Amazing coworkers and very meaningful work. Enjoyed it very much.

Cons

At the moment, just cut down on some of the processes. Indeed there should be processes, but some seem to be redundant.

Advice to Management

Innovate faster.

"Getting to be a mess...."

Former Employee - IT Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - IT Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, discounts, etc. Work from home is available but the company actually seems to be going away from it. Good mid-level management.

Cons

Growing size is only making the job more confusing. Processes are terrible and confusing. Projects go nowhere. You feel like you are not doing any actual work.

Advice to Management

Clean it up. Need better processes, more teams splitting up the massive projects that are being given to IT. Get better people in there.

"Pay Cuts Pay Cuts Pay Cuts For Everyone!!!"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good money to start, good benefits, fun environment to work in (with your co-workers, not anything the company does for you), that’s about it

Cons

God awful work life balance, goals change like the weather (always to the detriment of the employees and not leadership), no room for growth outside of retail, bad communication from mid and upper management, sell you dreams and give you nightmares instead, too much interaction with people who were not my direct report, unrealistic expectations and then accountability for not reaching expectations, not enough women holding leadership positions, not enough people of color holding leadership positions despite a lot of talk about “diversity”, WAY too much change to keep employees in rhythm and help them be successful,

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and your company will have better success, cutting pay and asking for more work to be done is not what a talented candidate wants in an employee trust me I am one

4. "Good time at AT&T"

Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AT&T (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn in an environment where you can grow your skills.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

5. "No care for employees or customers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coverage and employee plan discounts

Cons

Very ignorant management too stubborn to listen to concerns of customers and employees. Constantly declining in value. Drastically let's go of employees and out sources jobs.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and customers and maybe you'll still be around in the future

6. "Retail Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AT&T (Less than a year)

Pros

50% off wireless, good pay and you get to meet people from all walks of life.

Cons

unrealistic goals with constant pressure from management. Company is going through huge changes into the entertainment business after they have groomed their customers into thinking they are just a wireless company.

Advice to Management

Quit threatening us with our jobs and help us succeed with our numbers.

7. "Retail Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Constant training
    Generally able to hire own team
    Decent employee discount off of tv and cell service.
    Tuition reimbursement after a year of tenure.
    Resume builder for future employers

Cons

No job security.
    Loyalty and tenure doesn't matter if you don't play corporate politics.
    Micro management is at an all time high example: having to call your director of sales every day your team doesn't hit a certain KPI
    Fear management is rampant.
    Expect excellence out of the store leaders, but if you expect the same back get treated like the black sheep and are labeled unhappy and/or a cancer
    They Reward those with shady sales tactics and no integrity.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to the Inspired and Engaged surveys as well as the ENPS surveys. It's not ok for a VPGM to get employees names wrong on conference calls to the market and laugh like it's a joke. Or to celebrate a service anniversary of someone who was surpluses months prior....Treat your employees like they're humans and not just another cog in the machine.

8. "AT&T"

Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work environment, leadership potential and ability to move to different roles and locations. Good pay and benefits; on the job training

Cons

Still very silo'd, company has a lot of different organizations which don't always work well together.

Advice to Management

Continue to support training opportunities and business tools which make our jobs easier to connect with each other and our customers. We need to become easier to do business with. We have too many rules to follow which do not mesh well with other organizations.

9. "Lead IT.technican, MIs Director"

Former Contractor - AT&T Field Manager, Contract Field Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people the challenge the responsibility the working directly with customer.

Cons

Deadlines have to be met although I don't consider it a con but you stay till the job gets done by cut day but I guess I really didn't have a con there were d bad days that I had but I made it through those few days professionally​.

Advice to Management

Send qualified employees for me to train on my crew I always love a challenge but I always had deadlines of install or repair and didn't have the proper time to train the correct way but I always made it up and made sure they were properly trained.

10. "Great paying job. Office politics play a role, however only slightly as we're unionized."

Current Employee - Credit Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Credit Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is great. It's in a convenient area of Downtown Minneapolis. Insurance, pension, up to 8% 401k match, fully vested after 3 years.

Cons

Policies on process seem self-defeating like we're spinning our wheels, vacation time I feel could be better or on an earned basis. Have to pay for parking downtown. Other than that it's fine.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people in your collections call center, they have tons of suggestions to make the work more effective and the center more productive.

Showing 36 of 18,122 reviews