AT&T Reviews in Montgomeryville, PA | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours (in 1033 reviews)

• Life consuming, no work life balance (in 297 reviews)

1. "My experience with AT&T is OK the staff that I had and the area that I am doesn't seem to make a lot of money."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Montgomeryville, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Montgomeryville, PA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like that they have additional bonuses if you sell a certain amount of phones that's on promotion that mouth or tablets you get like a rewards card with a ditional money on there. I like sometimes the management may have contact with in the store to win free lunch or gift cards. The benefits is OK 401k is OK.

Cons

The challenges to me is their home solutions they don't really offer a lot and they don't consider the location there at when it comes to the quota to sell it it pretty much down falls on the representatives to push something that may get returned and it seems like they don't care if it does.

Advice to Management

My life the management is for them to be on the same page because you have one person telling you one thing when you're at work and the next manager that comes and tells you something completely different and then urine trouble for doing it one way and not the other.

2. "I should have left sooner."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Montgomeryville, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Montgomeryville, PA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay for little effort. I could make about $55K each year, but that got harder and harder to attain. I was comfortable there, and made good friends with the many people I worked with.

Cons

Zero upward mobility if you're not willingly to do "whatever it takes" to sell the flavor-of-the-month product. Scamming, lying, whatever you need to do to sell home security systems to uninterested clientele. Each year, it got harder and harder to make money. Commission cuts, rule changes, crazy goals with no bump in pay. If the monthly goal is 10 new lines, you'll get $570 if you hit it. If the goal is 32 new lines, you'll get $570 if you hit it.

Advice to Management

Focus on what makes you money. Keep it simple, and don't lie to your employees.

Showing 2 of 17,483 reviews