AT&T Reviews in Napa, CA | Glassdoor

3.1
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Pay and benefits are better than I’ve ever dreamed imaginable" (in 893 reviews)

• "There is a proper work life balance" (in 503 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1084 reviews)

• "very long hours; no work-life balance" (in 313 reviews)

"Benefits outweigh the Quality of Work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Rohnert Park, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Rohnert Park, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits for a family is the best you can get from a Fortune 500 company. AT&T provides great accommodation for when you're kids are sick for that one day or when your kids have an event, they'll allow you to be off for those hours. Vacations are max to four weeks including sick days and paid days off. Its nice. You'll always get Sunday's off.

Cons

Quality of work is not so great. Its a call center job. Management most times treat you like you're Kindergartners, they need to retrain those managers. Its a tiring job on the phones non-stop. Hours are up to 7:15pm but most of the time don't get off the phones till 7:45pm. Very difficult to move up. No chance to relocate if you want to. They make it difficult others to find a new job, have to go through several procedures in order to apply. Its better to just go to att.com and do a career search to find the jobs you want but they won't take you through that channel, only non-employees. Human Resources people/dept are not as helpful.

Advice to Management

Re-train manager to provide professionalism and respect to the people they work with and because they are they're "immediate" supervisor to their position doesn't mean you command people in a tone or manner as if they were their school children. Its very demeaning. I have already addressed it several times but new managers arrive and come and have same approach.

2. "Sales coach"

Former Employee - Sales Coach in Rohnert Park, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Coach in Rohnert Park, CA

Pros

Excellent benefits, ability to develop representatives, extensive training, perks, 401k up to 6% match. Paid time off, 4 week vacations.

Cons

Stress caused due to call centers closing across the US. Unequal payment to those promoted from being a leverage rep compared to those who where hourly.

3. "No ethics or morals wanted, regardless of CEO LIES."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rohnert Park, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money. For me, I could have gotten a new car in six months. Not worth it though!

Cons

I second all reviews except the only good one, made by management of course. Nit picky, always over shoulder, no mistakes allowed, ever! The attendance system, including breaks and lunch is crazy. You have to take them at a certain time, if you are on the phone you are supposed to wrap it up quickly. If you take said breaks and lunches at wrong time it counts against you, even when you are stuck with customers. Also, although we have to do customer service and account work, we are pushed to extremes to bring in sales. Customers are sick of it! I liked my job because I love helping people, hated the micro management and getting called to the office constantly for making mistakes. I quit.

Advice to Management

Same as everyone else. However, the middle management is also getting reamed constantly from the big guy over numbers. It tricks down to us little guys. Out of almost 30 in class, we were down to maybe 8 left. It is the complete fault of management that there is such a turnover.

4. "Call Center Representative Union Salary"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Rohnert Park, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Rohnert Park, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Union salary was nice, Health Benefits, Extra Money Incentives, Sundays off, Discounts off DTV, Telephone, Wireless and Internet.

Cons

Poor management in our call center. Likes to micro-manage a lot, breathing down your neck, literally treating you like you're still new when they know you've been around for over ten years! Been with the company for exactly 12 years and last four years the company has been pushing us as call center reps for more to do with little time forgetting that we're not robots. ITS NOT WORTH WORKING AS A CALL CENTER REP ANY LONGER FOR AT&T!!! Think twice if you are interested as a call center rep. Money may be good but only if you can handle the "sweat shop" stress.

Advice to Management

Stop turning the call center reps into "sweat shops. " Asking to take more calls in less time reduces call quality with the customers, reduces quality time with customers, reduces quality sales that customers will endure and stay with our products, and most worrisome, it INCREASES the likelihood of sales reps making mistakes or adding products customers may not want.

5. "Overall review"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rohnert Park, CA

I worked at AT&T (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay was excellent, healthcare, 401k and pension provided. Hours were good. Vacation time and pto time was plenty. Union job.

Cons

Very stressful environment. Sick time was maximum 3 days per year. Tardy if 2 minutes late which counted as an occurrence toward total sick time. Anything over 3 occurences you get suspended a day without pay.

Advice to Management

Treat people like human beings, not machines. Take an example from Google or Yahoo...their employees are rarely out sick because they actually like working tgere!

6. "3 more years if I can make it"

Current Employee - Service Representative in Rohnert Park, CA
    Current Employee - Service Representative in Rohnert Park, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

AT&T was a great company to work for until new management was introduced. I can say good benefits, 401k and I have worked there long enough to have my pension.

Cons

Unless you have a wish to be bullied, threatened, harassed on a daily basis I suggest you find somewhere else to work. No pensions for new hires, new hires pay more for benefits, lower wages than those hired prior to something like year 2000, not sure of the year but newbies are paid close to 50% less with promise of commissions.

Advice to Management

No need to be on us like rice on flypaper, pay attention to customer service not just sales. Customers should come first not just thinking of your bottom line and the next call coming in for the numbers and next sale. The customer can feel it AND hear the manager. Make the atmosphere fun not depressing and stressful with the threat that on a daily basis someone will be suspended or fired. Toxic office.

7. "Used to really like my job until AT&T took it over. They have laid waste to so many good techs"

Current Employee - Technician in Cotati, CA
    Current Employee - Technician in Cotati, CA

Pros

Vehicle and tools provided
    Every once in a while, I get my normal days off
    Get to take my van home which might be changing once AT&T gets done screwing us over with everything else that made working for DTV good

Cons

Forced to work 6 days a week
    Pay was cut 25%
    Power taken away from supervisors
    No news on how to get raises
    Hires new employees at higher dollar amount with less experience than me
    B.S. bonus structure
    Zero incentive
    Only way to make good money is to sell your soul and work 10 hours everyday

Advice to Management

Give information as to how techs can recieve pay raises
    Make a new bonus system that does a better job to incentize employees to make better use of their time

8. "Micro Managed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at AT&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience for someone in college. The pay was great and overall it was fun

Cons

You are micro managed all day long.

9. "Very challenging to balance and prioritize diverse demands in an industry of perpetually evolving technology."

Current Employee - OSP Network Design Engineer in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - OSP Network Design Engineer in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Never boring. Access to unmatched resources for continued learning, personal and leadership development, and keeping pace with emerging trends and technologies.

Cons

Persistently heavy workload makes it difficult to exploit available resources for transformational learning and growth. Many newer personnel require intensive mentoring and oversight due to a critical lack of experience and familiarity with RBOC/ILEC facilities, systems, and terminology.

Advice to Management

Be alert for high potential employees that are bogged down with day-to-day responsibilities and who would otherwise excel and make a much more meaningful contribution to the enterprise.

AT&T Response

Jul 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback and acknowledging the leadership development and training we pride ourselves on. We are now so much more than just a wireless company and that comes with a lot of initial... More

10. "Great"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Santa Rosa, CA

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Also, as you seniority grows with the company, your schedule get beater

Cons

Balancing life and work CB be difficult when you first start because you always will end up working weekends.

Showing 16 of 18,262 reviews