AT&T Reviews in Ocala, FL | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1114 reviews)

• "Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE" (in 324 reviews)

1. "I loved working at AT&T"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great pay, great advancements, great work environment. I can't say anything bad about the company but I wish I had never left. My family moved to another state.

Cons

None. No Cons. None I can think of. I have worked in Georgia and Florida at At&t call center and the energy and excited may be a bit much for some. I love it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work. I love the team bonding and Mentoring. Exceptional.

2. "CSR1"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits, (college reimbursement)

Cons

Shifts based on Seniority Stuck on late shift for several years

Advice to Management

Stop threatening employee jobs for not meeting sales goals.

3. "Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Ocala, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits and growth opportunity if you are top skill level.

Cons

Multiple changes, spans of control and long hours

Advice to Management

value your employees and respect their time

4. "Customer Service Call Center Ocala, FL"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Easy to get Saturday and Sunday off. This call center is Closed on Sundays. For the most part great co-workers and Managers.

Cons

This company could careless about their employees, your more a number or really the higher your sales the more they might care. Very hard to get true answers about anything labor related. Area managers only care about your sales. I have always went over and beyond on my sales. I had surgery and was out four months and treated like they didn't even know who I was. no one checked up to make sure I was even alive and when it came to a question about insurance or short term disability it was pass the buck then sent to 3rd party to discuss my options and medical needs and diagnoses which I could swear is against the HIPPA laws.

Advice to Management

Floor managers keep up the great job your doing, area managers remember where you started and upper managers that make the decision but we never see you, be more caring about all your staff and customers.

5. "Applicant BEWARE"

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

Orange card, commission checks on top of high hourly pay..

Cons

The call center environment is stressful. The department managers and floor manager, who mostly have never been in a sales call center, walk around demeaning everyone. They curse, they scream, they argue, they have absolutely no respect for the employees. They stress they want customer service but the floor managers force you to get off the phone if the customer isn't buying anything. They force you to lie to the customers about things that are clearly lies. People have had strokes, aneurysms plus more being in this particular call center. So be ware. All the way up, they pretend to car but all in all, the only thing these managers care about are the sales.

Advice to Management

Treat the bottom line better

6. "csr"

Former Employee - CSR2 in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - CSR2 in Ocala, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay and benefits, decent schedule

Cons

hostile work environment, since going to "sales" mangers turned verbally abusive to get sales quotas

Advice to Management

find anither method of talking to people

7. "customer service representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ocala, FL

I worked at AT&T (More than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits were great loved the fact that there was always many ways to make money. Every call was a potential way to get money

Cons

Scheduling wasn't the best but what call center is. Somethings could be a lot better however what call center is perfect.

8. "Crazy company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Ocala, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay decent vacation package. Traiming is fun. Good job if your looking for stability. Thats about all three good

Cons

Doesn't care about it's employee company needs to focus on ires lower level employee appreciate that. Feels like high shill

Advice to Management

Make it less about three money

9. "LACK OF INTEGRITY"

Current Employee - Employee in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Employee in Ocala, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

being employed, having a job

Cons

LACK OF INTEGRITY, ABUSE, NO BUSINESS ETHICS

Advice to Management

(capital letters are used to make the words easier to see, and not to indicate emotion of any kind, and not to express emotion of any kind because the words do that all by themselves regardless of capital or non-capital letters. ) Stop forcing your employees to lie. in training, employees are forced to sign documents saying they have read the training materials, but the employees are never given the time to read/watch the training materials, but the employees are only given just enough time to sign the documents and take tests ON TRAINING-INFORMATION THAT THEY NEVER SEE. THE TESTS ARE GOTTEN THROUGH WITH GUESSES AND TRIAL AND ERROR SINCE THEY EMPLOYEES WERE NEVER PROVIDED THE TIME TO OBTAIN THE INFORMATION THE TESTS ARE SUPPOSEDLY TESTING FOR. therefore the employees have very little idea of whatever is in the 'training' materials, some of which is mandated by law. The employees have very little idea of how to do their job because 'training' is not actual training but is instead a lie perpetrated to keep te boss of the trainers happy that they are keeping their boss's anti-mathematical schedule of fitting videos that take a full hour to listen to into 15 minutes of clicking out of the videos before the videos can actually play, until the test at the end is reached, which is then failed until the employee by guesses, trial and error passes the test. the 'trainers also provide incorrect information, fail to admit the information they provided was wrong information, and then blame the employee for the consequences of the employee following directions. WHAT A LOAD OF STUFF! AND HOW RUDE! THEY ARE DEFINITELY NOT PLAYING ON TEAM HONESTY, BUT INSTEAD ARE PITCHING FOR TEAM ABUSE-AND-LIES. FORCING PEOPLE TO LIE TO KEEP THEIR JOB IS ABUSE. IF MR RANDALL STEPHENSON WAS WORTH HIS SALT, THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN THE CASE, AND HE WOULD HAVE RESOLVED THIS BEFORE IT GOT TO THIS POINT. HE HAS NOT SEPARATED THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF AND NOT BEEN A GOOD SHEPHERD. NONE OF THIS IS FUNCTIONAL. NONE OF IT WORKS. ITS LIKE A BROKEN DOWN CAR WITH NO WHEELS THAT HE ONLY IMAGINES HE IS DRIVING.

10. "Good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Pros

Good job ok pay great perks

Cons

Bad management,micro management , no work/life balance

Advice to Management

Stop micro manage

Showing 37 of 19,507 reviews