AT&T Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 972 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 276 reviews)

1. "Not bad, but political"

Former Employee - Line SPlicing Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Line SPlicing Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The job was hard work, so your sense of accomplishment was pretty high when you were done. Good benefits overall.

Cons

Some politics played when it came to promotions which was the reason I left. Occasional forced overtime which was a mixed blessing.

Advice to Management

Stop playing politics when it comes to promotions and you wont lose good people.

"There are better jobs than ATS, INTL CCare, etc"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are good, the starting pay is somewhat decent for the area, and there is no real dress code in the call center which is pretty nice. The union is great so if you ever work there, join the CWA. Without the CWA, we would be screwed.

Cons

This is without a doubt, the most stressful job I have ever had and I've worked in other call centers. No one has any control over anything there, not even the managers. We are all just drones there with no real decision-making power.
    The customers are usually okay when they call in though there are irrational jerks, as with any job. The Cons come from the metrics and management.
    -You have to hit certain "behaviors" every call or you get pulled in for "counseling."
    -You have to use certain tools, including one for which there is rarely a need, or you get pulled in.
    -Your average call time has to be below a certain number or, you guessed it, you get pulled in.
    Recently, they have been letting managers go and they have not been replacing reps who find better opportunities elsewhere.
    Upper management sends out these surveys to reps but it seems like they never read them.
    Upper management also has been trying to reduce benefits and vacation time. They call it "restructuring" the PTO but we know what's going on.
    I can't say they give raises because their "raises" are around 2% per year, which barely keep up with the rate of inflation.
    Seriously, if they were hiring, I'd say look elsewhere unless you just need the money for a few months. It's not fun. The morale has been in decline for the last two years and many people are actively looking for another job, myself included.

Advice to Management

Upper management at AT&T needs to give up some control. Stop with the arbitrary metrics like "human connection." Most of us (including myself) were hired because of our technical expertise, not our charisma.
    You have to choose between meeting average call time or "human connection" and that Support Tool you love so much. That's the choice. I have a hunch that you would choose average call time as your preference since each call costs the company.

3. "Database manager"

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They have good benefits, such as medical, dental, eye, and life insurance. They have a variety of jobs.

Cons

They do a lot of downsizing and that makes it difficult to concentrate on work, when you do not know how long your job will be there.

Advice to Management

Do the best that you can.

4. "Premise Tech"

Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good money, fun work, good hours, company vehicle, company tools

Cons

Customers were not good to be around, the call centers would undercut you, sales either lied about the products and services or were not properly trained

Advice to Management

The management while I was there was good, but the second line were not experienced and made it hard on the first line managers. Then, in turn, made it hard for the techs

5. "Great Company, but has its Flaws"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great networking opportunities
    Amazing training programs
    Every type of field exist within AT&T

Cons

A lot unnecessary red tape
    Extremely slow promotions, better to move to a different company, then come back

6. "Customer Care"

Former Employee - Advanced Tech Support in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Advanced Tech Support in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits as well as an excellent work envirement

Cons

There is no downside AT&T was the best job I've ever had.

Advice to Management

I spent 12 years working at the Quail call center and have an excellent understanding of the company.

7. "Great Job, lousy management"

Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Union; Pay rate; gym; awesome health insurance; paid time off

Cons

Demand for stats; no communication with staff; last minute changes; taking calls for stuff they don't properly train you for;

Advice to Management

Leave the wireless the way it is, don't mix all company products with wireless & not train correctly. If you want us to take calls for Direct TV; U-Verse; home internet & home phone service then more than 2 weeks is needed to train properly for this.

8. "love this job"

Current Employee - Retail Management in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Retail Management in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Great compensation and amazing training. You are sent to Dallas for 2 weeks, and then have 2 weeks in-store training. The commission structure just changed, but for the better.

Cons

Hours differ week by week

Advice to Management

Communication matters. Would prefer not to close 5 days per week

9. "Don't do it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T (More than a year)

Pros

Union job so they paid well. Located near the interstate so the commute was easy. And there were clean bathrooms.

Cons

Basically everything else was a con. Mandatory overtime that would often be announced the night before. Management was uneducated and nepotism was rampant.

Advice to Management

Find people that have some idea how to run things to be in your management roles. And see when there are cliques forming and do something about it.

10. "at&t tech support"

Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support IPhone Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, Good pay. diverse company.

Cons

the company is too indecisive, the system says one thing, the company tells you to think outside the box to assist customers, we have to meet certain average handle times, and meet a percentage of surveys that we are scored on monthly, if you didn't make it you'd get written up after so many times. so taken care of the customer is not really taken care of the company, work/life balance is ok, lots of overtime, very repetitive job. burn out.

Advice to Management

hard workers are hard to keep and come by, you really need to look at the issue at hand, not the whole file.

Showing 75 of 16,219 reviews