AT&T Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours (in 1068 reviews)

• very long hours; no work-life balance (in 308 reviews)

1. "Mobility and Entertainment Center"

Current Employee - Frontline Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Frontline Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    We are able to work with the union
    Nice atmosphere
    Pay raises

Cons

Quality of calls for a sales environment are challenging.

Advice to Management

Go above and beyond for your employees. If you notice they are not meeting metrics go over calls with them to see how they can improve.

2. "Good luck... Not worth the 1 star rating I had to give."

Former Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not working there. Did make great friends with other employees. Feel sorry for a few of them still there and trying to get out.

Cons

Communication is nonexistent. Funny since AT&T started as a communications company. Base pay is below state and national averages. Benefits arent great but not the worst. You are just a number and always will be regardless of how well you do with this company. Constant lay offs and zero job security. CWA union is in bed with the company and does not represent employees as promised. Upper management consists of multiple people on CWA payroll.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees and your customers like you value them.

3. "No love lost"

Former Employee - Strategic Partner Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Strategic Partner Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Discounts on cell service and Directv, benefits were OK but union workers have better benefits than Management

Cons

Toss you out like trash when they are done with you
    Some supervisors are awesome, some (like my last one) are ego maniacs who don't care one bit about their people

Advice to Management

Get to know your people, show you care. We are not disposable...oh wait!! Yes we are.

4. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work at with room to grow, and to earn what you deserve. Great benefits, 401k, discounts on service and on accessories. Perfect job if you like working with people and the latest technology. I’m very happy with the opportunities at this job.

Cons

Some days can be grueling if your store is short staffed. Pressure to exceed or at least meet goals (not a problem if you are money motivated). From what I’ve heard, the money used to be better.

Advice to Management

Make sure that your focusing on what motivated individuals. Some are not driven by what others are.

5. "Customer Loyalty Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Ongoing Training, Competitive Salary and Bonuses. Multiple products to sell and many ways to make money. There are plenty of advancement opportunities or to move to different areas of the organization.

Cons

AT&T is what it is. We can complain all day but if you choose to work there, accept that it is a challenging environment, work hard, make the best of it, be positive, be on time, show up, follow your M&P and chances are this will equal success.

Advice to Management

Just realize there are certain things outside of employees control such as having to transfer customers to tech support, and if a customer has to call back. Not sure why we are being penalized for that. This is the main issue I have right now but I live with it and will continue to give it all I have. I love AT&T and I love working here despite the fact I don’t agree with everything they do. Besides there is no perfect place to work.
    Thank you for taking steps to make work life balance better! :)

"great money"

Current Employee - Leveraged Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Leveraged Service Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

money is the main pro also the fact that att is good to have on your resume , for the most part consistent schedule, alot of vacation, and perks for health insurance all benefits are pretty good

Cons

very strict attendance rules, goals are constantly changing and this can effect pay , micro management and management is usually confused on what's going on, no job security, no advancement unless your willing to relocate and not on any discipline steps, no work life balance i would recommend this job for someone who doesn't have alot of outside responsibilities if you have a family and you like to spend time with them look else where

Advice to Management

value your employees , great money in not enough to keep tour mvp's as other companies are willing to pay just as much or more

"There are better jobs than ATS, INTL CCare, etc"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are good, the starting pay is somewhat decent for the area, and there is no real dress code in the call center which is pretty nice. The union is great so if you ever work there, join the CWA. Without the CWA, we would be screwed.

Cons

This is without a doubt, the most stressful job I have ever had and I've worked in other call centers. No one has any control over anything there, not even the managers. We are all just drones there with no real decision-making power.
    The customers are usually okay when they call in though there are irrational jerks, as with any job. The Cons come from the metrics and management.
    -You have to hit certain "behaviors" every call or you get pulled in for "counseling."
    -You have to use certain tools, including one for which there is rarely a need, or you get pulled in.
    -Your average call time has to be below a certain number or, you guessed it, you get pulled in.
    Recently, they have been letting managers go and they have not been replacing reps who find better opportunities elsewhere.
    Upper management sends out these surveys to reps but it seems like they never read them.
    Upper management also has been trying to reduce benefits and vacation time. They call it "restructuring" the PTO but we know what's going on.
    I can't say they give raises because their "raises" are around 2% per year, which barely keep up with the rate of inflation.
    Seriously, if they were hiring, I'd say look elsewhere unless you just need the money for a few months. It's not fun. The morale has been in decline for the last two years and many people are actively looking for another job, myself included.

Advice to Management

Upper management at AT&T needs to give up some control. Stop with the arbitrary metrics like "human connection." Most of us (including myself) were hired because of our technical expertise, not our charisma.
    You have to choose between meeting average call time or "human connection" and that Support Tool you love so much. That's the choice. I have a hunch that you would choose average call time as your preference since each call costs the company.

8. "Database manager"

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They have good benefits, such as medical, dental, eye, and life insurance. They have a variety of jobs.

Cons

They do a lot of downsizing and that makes it difficult to concentrate on work, when you do not know how long your job will be there.

Advice to Management

Do the best that you can.

9. "Not bad, but political"

Former Employee - Line SPlicing Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Line SPlicing Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The job was hard work, so your sense of accomplishment was pretty high when you were done. Good benefits overall.

Cons

Some politics played when it came to promotions which was the reason I left. Occasional forced overtime which was a mixed blessing.

Advice to Management

Stop playing politics when it comes to promotions and you wont lose good people.

10. "Premise Tech"

Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good money, fun work, good hours, company vehicle, company tools

Cons

Customers were not good to be around, the call centers would undercut you, sales either lied about the products and services or were not properly trained

Advice to Management

The management while I was there was good, but the second line were not experienced and made it hard on the first line managers. Then, in turn, made it hard for the techs

Showing 80 of 17,915 reviews