AT&T Reviews in Omaha, NE | Glassdoor

AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
  1. "Authorization retail"

Current Employee - Authorization Retail in Council Bluffs, IA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like everything bout this job

Cons

I can't anything bad this job

Advice to Management

Nothing

• "Good Company with questionable leadership"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Competitive pay, good benefits, ability to work remotely in many positions. Innovative company, with leading edge technology.

Cons

Questionable leadership, and constant layoffs.

Advice to Management

Value your people more and find more innovative ways to cut expense than constant layoffs.

"Couldn't stand it"

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Omaha, NE

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, benefits, discounts, company provided vehicle and tools

Cons

Not even 6 months here and I can tell the people who work here hate their job with a passion. Hours are either too long or too short. Management cares about numbers and job completion. AT&T ruined DirecTV when they bought it and it's going downhill. New hire process was terrible and there were so many speed bumps along the way. The job does some pretty good wear and tear on your body. Job should have to pay double...

Advice to Management

Get rid of all management. Hire new people that don't lie to techs when they hire them.

• "You will only sell DIRECTV"

Former Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Papillion, NE

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

NONE, unless you like to be mistreated.

Cons

-No work/life balance -Working retail hours -Dealing with angry customers at least 50% of the time -Micro-managed -You never fully leave on good terms because they WILL not hire you back -Benefits would be great if you were offered them. I work there for almost a year and never got any commutation on them, I wasn’t the only employee this happened to. -They only care about selling directv -Management plays favorites

Advice to Management

Unionize your management as well. You obviously need to with all the issues you have.

"Great company to work for if you don't want a life"

Current Employee - Installation Technician in Omaha, NE

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great pay, decent benefits, independence provided in field.

Cons

Constant fluctuating schedule, no solid punch out time, very limited time with family, short notice on schedule changes, unpaid commute to and from work until after the first hour of driving, management constantly in a bad mood, no incentive to work together (everyone is out for themselves, and is unable or unwilling to help anyone else)

Advice to Management

treat your employees like people. stop looking for every opportunity to lower morale.

• "AT&T messed up a good thing for Installation Techs"

Former Employee - Home/Business Installation Tech Tier III in Omaha, NE

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

They Supply you with a Van, Tools, equipment, training, and support to Do your job

Cons

They went Union and Managers no longer manage their team at all... used to be Pay by the jobs/work you accomplished... now it's Hourly and you are just a # not a person.

Advice to Management

Nothing to advise new owner Sucked out the life of the Company

• "Directv Technician"

Current Employee - DirecTV Technician in Omaha, NE

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Very supportive in your career goals. Benefits are great. Training is World Class

Cons

the amount of time it takes to transition from one position to another.

• "Global Account Executive"

Former Employee - Global Account Executive in Omaha, NE

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Worked full-time for 10+ years, Good work life balance, decent benefits, most people are very tenured and have worked there for 20+ years, decent salary but commission on the business side is pretty much managed to 90-100%.

Cons

Opportunity to make big commissions or bonuses are long gone in the enterprise business side, annual raises are only 1-5%. If you aren't in the Dallas or Atlanta headquarter offices you will have a difficult moving up or into any other positions. Stagnant upper management that needs that have been there WAY too long. Lacks innovation, internal processes are killing this company and it is too big to be agile and transformational.

Advice to Management

Offer anyone over 20years a package to leave and move on. Let your employees work from home,,,you're a communications company not a brick and mortar store. Invest in your people and exposed them to other positions in the company.

• "Directv Contractor (Synergies3)"

Current Employee - Installation Technician in Omaha, NE

I have been working at AT&T for more than a year

Pros

Fair pay, no direct supervision, fun job

Cons

waiting for equipment, Supervisors usually arrives around 10am with equipment, which is 2 hours after your first jobs start time. poor unpaid training, you basically just ride along with another technician for two weeks, Deceptive, was told that although I would not be paid for training I would get my meter and supplies to offset it, about $20000, NOT TRUE, they deduct it from your pay. During the phone interview they...

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront when interviewing. Expect your supervisors to be professional and not be the last one in the office and the first one to get off for the day. Do not let it be tolerated that techs are waiting around the warehouse for hours waiting for the equipment they need to install.

"What have you done for me today?"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The benefits of working in a unionized workplace are tremendous. Solid pay, benefits and double over time on holidays. The job does not require a college degree, only a friendly demeanor is required.

Cons

Commission is not what it used to be, and should never be relied on. The commission structure was changed in 2013 to emphasize new growth over quantity. You can help 20 people in a day and still get yelled at because they did not add new services. Helping existing customers is a waste of time, unless they are adding new monthly revenue to their bills. Pressure to sell things to customers they don't want or need is extreme....

Advice to Management

If I were in management I would be very worried about the hemorrhaging of tenured reps, and unfilled job openings. If what you have been doing is causing everyone to leave the company, then maybe you should stop, and change your behaviors? Your customers certainly notice when their favorite rep is gone, and they certainly notice when the new guy does not have the experience to handle their problems.

Found 14 reviews