AT&T Operations Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 23 Aug 2017

3.9
AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
  1. "The years I spent working there for the most part was pleasant."

Former Employee - Directory Assistance Operator in Danville, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay was nothing to complain about and the environment was conducive to doing your job to the best of your ability. Great benefits as well. My supervisor was very fair minded and a pleasure to work for.

Cons

Didn't care much for second shift hours and it was based on seniority so many years were stuck at the bottom of the seniority list. Sometimes the work was monotonous.

Advice to Management

Boost moral of the bored employees by scheduling some sort of outside activities that allow the employees to grow closer as a team.

AT&T2015-10-06
  2. "Customer Information Services"

Former Employee - Directory Assistance Operator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits. Good salary. Union job. Paid Holidays Diverse Hours. Incentives for schooling.

Cons

Management. Attendance and tardy policies strict. Training p policies strict.

Advice to Management

Be vonsiderate to your employees. Company policies csn be followed with kindness for a better empoyer employee relationship.

AT&T2017-08-23
  3. "I was a Directory Assistance Operator for a year doing full-time work during a teacher's strike several years ago."

Former Employee - Directory Assistance Operator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, strict work ethic. One can depend on a consistent high quality of performance across the board from all AT&T personnel, regardless of position. I would be honored and proud to return to AT&T as an employee as a Directory Assistance Operator or comparable position for which I am found to be qualified.

Cons

Ad hoc work schedules until establishment of work reliability is achieved. This may cause difficulty in scheduling other critical appointments, e.g. college classes, medical appointments, family responsibilities, etc. but, after a reasonable amount of time and dedication to the company and proven adherence to its rules and regulations one is given more flexibility in work schedule and possibility of advancement,... laterally within the company and possibly its affiliates globally.

Advice to Management

Although I am an older adult worker than some of those seeking the same position, my work experience - depth and breadth - at various levels and my long commitment to that entity add to the likelihood of my staying with AT&T for a considerable length of time.

AT&T2017-07-25
  4. "Lost Job to Automation"

Former Employee - Directory Assistance Operator

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people I worked with are terrific! Most of them went out of their way to be helpful. Managers would often bend the rules as much as they could.

Cons

I lost my job to automation. I was a Directory Assistance Operator and we were ALL laid off! No sick days while I did work there.

Advice to Management

Learn to care about employees more than how much money you and stock owners get to stuff in your bank accounts.

AT&T2017-05-16