AT&T Reviews in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

3.5
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Pay and benefits are better than I’ve ever dreamed imaginable" (in 894 reviews)

• "There is a proper work life balance" (in 506 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1091 reviews)

• "No work/life balance because work schedule changes daily" (in 313 reviews)

1. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Consultant II in Oviedo, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Consultant II in Oviedo, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great management at my level at least. There is not a lot of turnover in my group. I need more words to meet the requirement.

Cons

We are so big and slow it takes a lot of time and patience to get things done. We cave under our own weight. However, that same scale is what allows us to do big things other companies can’t.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees feedback and act on it.

2. "Customer Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Pay is higher for position than at other companies, there are growth opportunities

Cons

Can get mundane. Management isn’t the best. Constantly changing targets. Seniority based scheduling. New employee with work worst shifts and no opportunities to change. People been with the company under 5 years will mostly get the night shift and work every weekend and holiday.

3. "Store manager level 3"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good teammates and opportunity for advancement

Cons

I worked for the company for 13 years. I was a summit winner and had zero write ups on my record. Developed one of my assistant managers and multiple sales reps into managers. After 13 years I had to approve the pay increase of my assistant manager who started as sales support. His pay was thousands of dollars above my pay after 13years and multiple promotions and rewards during my career. We were told by area managers and directors that nothing could be done all the while we were all being threatened with our jobs for higher numbers. Our director was number one in Florida rankings at the time of this fyi.

4. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Integrated Solutions Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Integrated Solutions Consultant in Orlando, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generally decent pay and decent benefits

Cons

No job security, constant layoffs and hiring freezes, poor communication, Horrendous management.

Advice to Management

Retire

5. "contract position"

Former Contractor - Administrative Support in Orlando, FL
    Former Contractor - Administrative Support in Orlando, FL

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the people - from my Supervisor all the way down. They were the absolute best part of working for that company. I miss working with them.

Cons

The position I held was a contract job and had a finite term of 3 years. Company policy was such that changing from contract to full time employee was impossible.

Advice to Management

Find ways to keep the people you want.

6. "Wire tech"

Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AT&T (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, first and second line management, overtime,

Cons

Work to life balance poor

Advice to Management

NA

7. "As a wire technician you do installations and repairs for AT&T customers of internet, tv, and phone"

Current Employee - Wire Technician in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Wire Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, get to work outside and inside, very good training in the field. Good union representatives that will help you.

Cons

Hours are long, schedules fluctuate too much, working inside people’s houses a lot which can be a pro and a con. Rushed to meet certain expectations that are unrealistic sometimes. Too much politics involved.

Advice to Management

Understand your employees need more

8. "Great place for telecommunication growth"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits including 401(k), vacation, disability, health, tuition reimbursement. Excellent customers and very innovative company. Even better opportunities in other cities/states

Cons

Horrible management. Constantly changing management so you never know which direction to follow. No much room for growth in Orlando

"Eh"

Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent. Always getting raises. Time off was decent. Sometimes get good lunches served

Paid well for holiday's even though you are forced to work them.

Cons

Schedule was horrible. Since there were no new teams being hired under me, I was stuck on the same schedule for the 2 years I worked there. And I had no choice. Some people who worked there for 5 years or so were on the same terrible schedules.

Management was awful. My manager was hardly ever there. And when she was, she was more in the way than she was helpful. Did not help advance at all. Upper management would not do anything about it. I had one good manager in the 2 years I was there.

They wouldn't let you troubleshoot if it it took more than 10 minutes. Some customers genuinely needed help that took longer than 10 minutes, but I would get a coaching if I was on the phone too long.

Work life balance does not exist even though they claim it does.

No real advancement opportunities.

Most of the time the management were completely unable to answer technical questions. If an MI60 was available they were good tools, but since they were on the phones half of the shift they were hardly available. And since my manager was never there I had 0 support.

Holidays don't exist. You will work every single holiday and you do not have a choice. and if you are low in tenure you will not be able to take time off around the holiday.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees you supervise.

Stop looking at your scores and worry about the customer. Stop pushing technical to sell stuff and let them fix the products they are supporting. Stop worrying about how much time I spend on the phone with somebody.

Show up and care? And learn something about technology.

Stop basing shift bids off of tenure and do it rather than performance. Then employees may last longer than a year. I was there for 2 years and when I left I think there were 3 people left from my original class.

Get rid of the union. They do not help with anything and get in the way.

"Love my Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AT&T provides lots of benefits if you are willing to self develop and move around then you have countless opportunities.

Cons

If you are fixed to a specific location (city) then your opportunities but that is common with a lot of companies.

Advice to Management

Embrace change and even be a catalyst of change, learn to love self development and learn to work as a team because that is the evironment AT&T has been cultivating for the past 5+ year.

AT&T Response

Jan 29, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your positive feedback. We pride ourselves on providing top-notch benefits and growth opportunities, and appreciate you acknowledging the things we do well. We wish you many more... More

Showing 144 of 18,652 reviews