AT&T Reviews in Pearland, TX | Glassdoor

4.0
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The pay and benefits are really amazing" (in 976 reviews)

• "very good work culture, good work life balance" (in 573 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not much work life balance without seniority" (in 1182 reviews)

• "No work life balance or personal consideration" (in 348 reviews)

"I love working for AT&T"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Pearland, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Pearland, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay. Benefits. Management. Atmosphere. Comradery. Low pressure to meet sales goals. Ongoing training. Benefits. Promotes from within. Flexible with movement.

I can tell AT&T really cares about their employees. They put allot into training yes, but also into their employees well being. I personally am checked on more than one time a day by all of my managers on duty nearly every day. Some managers aren't as involved as others, but it still feels like a family. One of the few jobs I've had where I actually look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

Work life balance. Almost unrealistic sales goals. (Only one or two people in my store ever reaches them). Not flexible with people who have families.

The first few aren't a big deal to me, I can work around them. The last one, however, is very important. I am planning on having a family soon, and can't imagine needing to take off for an emergency with my child. This concerns me, I hope I am wrong. I can also tell my assistant and store managers are frustrated, there's allot of bureaucracy they have to deal with because of the union and their managers. I hope in the future AT&T can allow management to concentrate on what's important.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a good job. I would just like to see the sales goals readjusted so they are a little easier to attain.

2. "Technical Sales Executive III"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Consultant III in Pearland, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Consultant III in Pearland, TX

I have been working at AT&T (More than 10 years)

Pros

Collaborative Environment, Numerous opportunities to learn new technologies

Cons

Internal business processes tend to slow down critical implementation dates.

Showing 2 of 20,806 reviews