AT&T Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours" (in 1123 reviews)

• "Long hours and absolutely NO WORK LIFE BALANCE" (in 327 reviews)

1. "Sr.Quality Assurance"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AT&T as a contractor

Pros

I don't see any pros

Cons

Good place to work with new and updated technologies, I say that as enjoyment at work

2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Secure company with growth potential

Cons

Benefits are lacking along with salary

3. "Jep resolution team"

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefit, great direct management

Cons

No job security for the little people, job training is meek, also unrealistic metrics and goals

Advice to Management

Direct management no problem they were good ..to the big wings stop treating your people like they are expendable pawns

4. "Was once a great place to work before the AT&T And Time Warner Merger"

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started as a legacy DIRECTV employee in 2015 and it was an amazing place to work because of the culture, company integrity, quality customer service and valuing employees. When I first started, we had pin boards for good achievements such as metrics, gift cards and even top-performing employees had the chance to meet with corporate in Denver. The old legacy benefits with the medical plan were better as in no copay's or deductibles, but the CWA Union benefits such as the 401k matching, dental, vision and pay raises were even better.

Cons

I got laid off two days after the Time Werner Merger passed and there was low morale when changes were implemented after the AT&T Merger happened. Customer Service Representative jobs were outsourced overseas and there was constant miscommunication between those contractors including language barriers that made the quality of customer service for DIRECTV very low. AT&T would implement changes, but never had an actual plan for those changes.

Advice to Management

My managers (Level 2 employees) did a fantastic job of making us feel appreciated. For executives and corporate management, they need to re-think about how they treat their front line employees that do all of the work for them and that are the face of this company and how customer service should be. Ethical values were lost and so was integrity.

5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere with the freedom to run your "business" as you see fit.

Cons

Departments can be very silo. It can feel as though, no one really knows what the next person is doing. A lot of busy work and checking boxes that do not really matter.

6. "Better when it was DirecTV"

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free DirecTV, half off phone, PTO

Cons

Extremely high call volume, no growth opportunities, a lot of lay offs. DirecTV was great. ATT not so much

"Good money, bad everything else."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money, benefits, perks, discounts and you get a work phone and possibly a tablet.

Cons

Work hours, the change of schedule, based on "company needs" its never enough, you can be a top rep and your never going to be good enough. Being part time is better. use the tuition reimbursement and get out of there

Advice to Management

stop changing managers every 2 months

8. "Sales Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AT&T (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities for those willing to relocate with company.

Cons

Not a lot of advancement opportunities for those who want to stay in local market

Advice to Management

Don't boast about new roles opening up when you are laying off thousands of employees.

9. "Routing Coordinator DirecTV"

Former Employee - Routing Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Routing Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, Discounts on DirecTV and AT&T Service

Cons

Cannot trust upper management, office equipment and computers need to be upgraded

Advice to Management

Do not lie to the employees about potential lay offs. If it is a possibility, then be up front when confronted with the question. We were blindsided in my office with the lay off from the manager down to everyone else. We were all told multiple times that we were ok, even up to just a couple of weeks before we were told that the office would be shut down.

"AT&T used to be a great place to work. JD Power should not give them anymore awards."

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is ok and they offer benefits.
    Vacation is offered.
    Hourly plus commission based job.
    Many positions in many states.

Cons

Used to be well compensated, well enough that you did not mind the very low amount of time left over for personal life. As I have been with the company we have been paid less and less and have had more and more expected of us. When I signed on with the company I signed a contract for a certain amount of pay for a certain amount of work. As time has gone on, the amount of work has increased, however the pay has decreased. If I am expected to now do more, I should be compensated accordingly, however it has been the opposite. We are expected to do twice as much as when I started and I made $15k less this year compared to years prior. AT&T used to value their customers and now, just like their employees, they look at them as just another one in a pool of many that can help them meet sales goals. They are also cutting many assistant manager positions and therefore opportunities for advancement will be gone shortly. AT&T has very unrealistic expectations, not only of their employees, but of their customers as well. The same issue that Wells Fargo seems to have had recently. This company is no longer about taking care of their employees or their customers.

Advice to Management

Backup your employees. Help them advance within the company rather than just look at them as just another player on your team that can help you meet your quota. Value your employees as you used to. Keep your employees happy and they will in turn take care of your customers, otherwise your JD Power awards are going to be just memories of a time when AT&T was a fantastic company to not only be a customer of, but an employee of as well.

Showing 40 of 19,634 reviews