AT&T Reviews in Raleigh, NC | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Professional Technical Consulting Engineer"

Current Employee - Professional Technical Consulting Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Professional Technical Consulting Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work . Have a great culture . Good discounts and Bonuses

Cons

no too many jobs available in Raleigh area for ATT

Advice to Management

Provide hands on training to employees

2. "Management"

Current Employee - Installation Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Installation Technician in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary...not great but okay

Cons

Supervision and management is incompetent and unfair, hours are ridiculous, treatment of employees is terrible!

Advice to Management

Fire installation supervisors and start over!

3. "Good pay and benefits but unrealistic sales quotas...."

Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits.(since I started the job, it's been grandfathered and no longer exist). Casual environment.

Cons

Sales quota's are not realistic, majority of people working their have to be shady to keep there job. Constantly concerned about getting fired. Unprofessional workplace for a fortune 10 company. You would never imagine what goes on. Management has no business being management there. They would not be managers at any other company. Union is a JOKE and should just give up. ATT run thems pretty much and it's a waste of money pay "dues". They don't do what UNIONS are supposed to do, protect there members. If only I was making this up. There is so much more...... I have never worked at a place that demeans you to get productivity from you. Managers have no issues lying to employees.

Advice to Management

If At@t is not careful they will end up being another Wells Fargo. Reps are slamming customers left and right with the internet suite of services. Management pretends not to notice until, someone is caught doing it. Then they "had no idea" what was going on. ATT protects there managers, even when they are in the wrong. As a company you can only blame the employee's for so long. Then you should start to look at management. Why do employees have a funky attitude? Hmm...trickle down effect. Seriously to go YEARS being at the bottom for sales. The employees....yea...that's it...management they are just doing there jobs right. WRONG! If you change management you will get sales. Get managers that know how to treat people with respect and can be trusted. Get managers who believe in you and the sales will come. Get managers that do there job, manage. Not manage EVERYONE, that does not work. As large a company as they are, they could do so much better. Even reporting a manager to HR continually for the disrespectful ways they treat the you/employees there, goes no where. Not sure if other locations are as demeaning and disrespectful as Raleigh is. I honestly hope not, someone needs to take a much closer look. I may come off as bitter(I am a little, I can admit) but EVERYTHING I have mentioned is TRUE. Nothing mentioned is made up or not true. So as to brush this off as a bitter ex employee with a bad attitude. NOPE NOT ME. I tried to get someone to take a look and eventually just gave up. Hopefully one day, someone higher up will realize the managers there need to kick rocks and get someone more qualified who knows how to manage people/sales center/office.

4. "Install and repair wire technician"

Former Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Raleigh, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not being confined to one location. Everything you need to do your job is given to you. (Vehicle, tools, supplies, and training)

Cons

Even though they spend a lot of money training you, it is a little out-dated at times. Things you learn in training, can be things that current techs no longer due. Company focuses very hard on numbers, which can be very stressful for the techs, for the fear of getting in trouble or losing your job!

Advice to Management

None

5. "Not bad"

Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Raleigh, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and pay, good training for future endeavors, stable company

Cons

No work life balance, in the operations side not alot of room for growth

Advice to Management

Spend more time addressing your premises techs issues and supporting them in the field

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at AT&T (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quality work, great people and changing environment that challenges you on a daily and weekly basis to learn new products and learn new skills

Cons

Downsizing and layoffs. Company keeps decreasing its work force not due to poor performance but just to save some money at the end of every year

AT&T Response

Nov 29, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for acknowledging the great work environment we pride ourselves on. Due to constant changes in the industry, we sometimes must restructure to meet the needs of the business. When this... More

7. "Wire Tech"

Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

There are no positives about this job.

Cons

This job will suck the life and your self respect out of you, due to your manager. He will ride you and make a job that is simple into a nightmare , by second guessing everything you have done and why it has taken you so long. The culture that management has created is a manage by fear and intimidation, that your going too get written up or fired on a daily basis. The turn over rate is over 80% so beware eventually they will fire you. Which makes no sense, considering it takes 3 months to train someone and now there without a tech for months. The culture has been like this since it was Southwestern Bell. But it just keeps being passed down from generation to generation and these managers have no idea why there even acting this way other than "its always been done this way" mentality. Trust me you will hate this job, hours and your boss. No work life balance forget having a family or a personal life.

Advice to Management

The CEO needs to stop worrying about acquisitions of other companies and put focus on why theres is such an extremely high rate of turn over in this position. This job is the front line for the company and the techs are treated horrible by there managers. Give out an anonymous survey to all the techs and I bet you'll start and investigation into the treatment of these techs. Kevin Wilborn is the worst! Stay away from this guy.

8. "Wire texh"

Former Employee - AT&T Wire Technician in Raleigh, NC

I worked at AT&T (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and management, good benefits and paid vacations. They also give you sick days and paid holidays with 401k matched

Cons

Long hours, time frames and appointments must be kept per metrics. Safety is a huge thing as well working for AT&T so keep that in mind when considering this job

Advice to Management

Always keep the employees feelings first

AT&T Response

Oct 26, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback – it’s very important to us and the work we do to make AT&T a better place to work. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the great pay... More

9. "Outside plant technician"

Former Contractor - Outside Plant Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Former Contractor - Outside Plant Technician in Raleigh, NC

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, benefits and.pay can't be touched and management excels at there job.

Cons

Got to be willing to work hard and sometimes overnight and weekends.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing I say perfect.

"Retail Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

50% off AT&T services (Digital Life, cell phone service) and a stellar deal on DirecTV for only $10/month.

Cons

Work/life balance is a joke. Only way into middle management is to be a brown-noser or to fudge your numbers. Only thing that matters to them is metrics. Lots of lay offs and constant outsourcing of jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep the politics to a minimum and be truthful with your team. It will take you and your market/region a lot further.

Showing 62 of 17,229 reviews