AT&T Reviews in Rapid City, SD | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours (in 1033 reviews)

• Life consuming, no work life balance (in 297 reviews)

1. "Mostly positive experience"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Rapid City, SD

Pros

Coworkers are awesome and the job itself is pretty fun. Pay and benefits are great as well

Cons

Company is greedy and does not want employees who don't plan on making at&t their career. At&t had to become the center of my life in order to be successful because it is what they expect.

Advice to Management

Quite looking for any excuse to write up reps who don't always perform at the top. The move up or move out philosophy does not motivate people to perform better

AT&T Response

Jun 17, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your input and acknowledging some of the areas we excel in like hiring great employees! Performance goals help us stay competitive and to grow as individuals and as a company, but we... More

2. "Do yourself a favor and Do NOT work here"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Rapid City, SD
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Rapid City, SD

I worked at AT&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and that is about it.

Cons

They suck the life out of you! No time for friends or family. I was hired on as a part-time employee and I worked on average 40 to 65 hour weeks the whole 6 months I worked there. They would schedule me less than that, but they would tell me i had to work extra shifts because they were so short handed...needs of the business..etc.You typically do not get a break and if you do it's within an hour of your shift being over. I got physically ill from not being allowed to hydrate myself and go to the bathroom on 2 ocassions.Managers micro manage all the time. Expect to be followed around all the time with your manager/assistant manager asking you "what are you doing?" "Why are you doing that?" "Do you think you could have handled that customer differently?". I literally mean all of the time. If I didn't reccomend an ipad, home phone, or mifi device to every single customer I helped (including customers that came in just to pay a bill, apply a discount to their account, or inquire about when the next iphone launch would be) I would get a "strike" and after 3 strikes they fire you. Which is complete BS considering the strikes never fall off!

Advice to Management

Give your employees a chance to sell things without you standing over their shoulders all the d*mn time.

3. "Area manager was HORRIBLE"

Current Employee - Retail Management in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Retail Management in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good money and top of the line technology.

Cons

Direct manager had to always be right and had no leadership qualities. Ironically, he is last in the market every month and still has a job.

Advice to Management

Don't promote people without any people skills. My Area Manager has continued to fail at his position and somehow is still employed at AT&T. His ego is out of control.

Showing 3 of 17,483 reviews