AT&T Reviews in Reno, NV | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 983 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 279 reviews)

1. "Best job ever while it lasted."

Former Employee - Retail Account Executive in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Retail Account Executive in Reno, NV

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My work family is the best. I truly can say that I wouldn't have the skill set I have now if it werent for AT&T.

Cons

They eliminated the RAE position so all of us are getting surplused. It's been so heartbreaking and I don't want to step down into a role I had a long time ago.

Advice to Management

I loved the upper management I had. I will keep in touch with them as I have grown to value them as friends.

2. "Employment"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Reno, NV

I worked at AT&T (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping people learn their devices, especially seniors was my highlight from working there. Call center settings are close knit and my coworkers were awesome.

Cons

Att in Reno, Nevada contracts alot of jobs, meaning we were non union. Sometimes I've even experienced training from supervisors who had no idea of the concept their were training.

Advice to Management

Before implementing a new project, please test it out with the tech support department and see how well it works. Management training needs additional support, more than a 3 minutes video and 2 section module that most scan through anyways.

"Advocate for skills developement"

Former Employee - Call Center in Reno, NV

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of AT&T's greatest strength's has to be the AT&T University and the opportunities the company supports their employees for skill development and continuing education. With AT&T's U-verse internet connections always getting faster they are helping to revolutionize the academic industry. We are now able to learn from all different types of professors world wide & from the comfort of our homes. As an employee many of the skills transformation series programs are fully funded by AT&T with no cost to the employee, so it's almost like AT&T pays you to learn!

Cons

Restricted to AT&T's employees. Understandable. I would like to see more company's offer the same type of opportunities.

Advice to Management

All due respect to being competitive and successful in the business industry. Holding the #1 title can certainly be a challenge. However, considering the current size of the company and with its aim to go global, AT&T has much more room to be agile with its own resources. I see an opportunity to reinvest to re-skill their current employees rather than closing down whole centers causing at least 100-200 people per center loss of their jobs and livelihood. Especially since AT&T represents itself as an advocate to retooling and skills development. Just a thought to consider for upper management.

4. "Manager Technical Customer Service"

Former Employee - Manager Technical Customer Service in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Manager Technical Customer Service in Reno, NV

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good tuition reimbursement for many degrees.
    Great advancement opportunities if your willing to move.
    Pay = Good With many benefits although the hourly employees medical/dental is better than mgmt
    Internal training

Cons

Micro-management - Tons of ever changing performance metrics
    Tons of responsibilities for the pay

Advice to Management

Difficult if your not willing to relocate (moving expenses not paid)

5. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Data Entry in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Reno, NV

I worked at AT&T (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company, Great Benefits, Good Environment, Fun place to work

Cons

Long Hours lots of over time, Careless Coworkers, Mean Bosses

6. "Customer Service Agent"

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits which are paid for by the company effective on the first day of employment.

Cons

Very strict when it comes to their attendance policy.

Advice to Management

Work on it and listen to your employees.

7. "Great company to work for, IF your not just starting out."

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It paid, and usually on time. If you are intelligent and know anything about computers, you can probably do your job with a bare minimum of effort.

Cons

Started as a T1 DSL technician, and hit the maximum pay for the position in less than a year (I wasn't typical, and started higher than most).

I acknowledge that I was hired for a position that is deemed low value, but my experience with the company has left me with no desire to work with them now that I have completed my degree. I won't even use or recommend them for any services.

Advice to Management

Actually take a look at the way you treat your employees. If someone has the brains to go above and beyond the requirements of the job you should encourage them to do better, and don't punish them for not following the script.

"It is a company that grows in spite of itself..."

Former Employee - Floor Representative in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Floor Representative in Reno, NV

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I received a paycheck on time.

Cons

Management runs all and every promotion based on their private and out of office relationships and friendships regardless if the person is competent or not. The money does not cover the amount of work that is required of you and unless you are a field tech, all Union contracts are broken on a daily basis.

Also, if you are a like employee and leave on your own accord and to the dismay of management, then you are immediately classified as non rehirable for no valid reason.

Advice to Management

Realize that you have lost your best employes due to your own inability to manage and money - there is absolutely no other reason.

"AT&T sucks you life away"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Reno, NV

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free cell service. Talking to new people all the time. Pay is good. Helping people with technology.

Cons

NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. They say family first. But let's be real it's impossible to have kids or any type of film time. As far as women don't expect to move up especially in Reno NV. Inless you are part of the cool kids club ( the male managers) or the chant forces them to hire a women.

Advice to Management

Treat people like humans

10. "Good in-job growth opportunities for pay and decent benefits, inconsistent ability to make personal time."

Former Employee - Technician in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Technician in Reno, NV

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays well, lots of opportunity for training and working out of town if you want to.

Cons

Difficult to find a good work-life balance, shifts constantly moving around, Summer pretty much means 6-10s. 7 day work week, with rotating Sundays

Showing 16 of 16,518 reviews