AT&T Reviews | Glassdoor

7,301 Ratings

15,521 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 972 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 276 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Associate Director Technology Development"

Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development in Bothell, WA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.

Support for women in technical leadership roles.

Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.

Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.

Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.

Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.

Cons

Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.

Advice to Management

Love the technology talks from ATO collaboration zones.

AT&T Response

Jul 24, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are pleased to hear that you feel we are reaching above and beyond when it comes to diversity and inclusion, as this is very important to us as a company. Thank you for positive your input and... More

"AT&T Creating Abundance in an Increasingly Competitive World"

Current Employee - Program Execution Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Program Execution Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AT&T is committed to helping employees retrain to meet needs of changing world.
    AT&T is committed to diversity and inclusion, and is expanding this to include Ageism and combating age discrimination alongside embracing people of every race, creed, sexual orientation, etc. to help build a better more inclusive world.
    AT&T is dynamic and bringing the future to our customers, so there are always exciting jobs to be done.

Cons

Competition makes for a rapidly changing world that AT&T has to change to meet the needs of. You need to be flexible and open to change.

Advice to Management

Our experienced employee base has led change (Long Distance, 3G & 4G Wireless, U-verse, DIRECTV, DTV NOW, Fiber 1000) and is continuing to lead change (IoT, 5G Wireless, Apps, Big Data, SDN, and more). While we welcome millenials and people from all walks of life, we are dynamic because of the dynamism of our experienced employees who stay on the cutting edge of bringing the future to our customers.

3. "Awesome place to work!!"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company that really cares about it's employees. Amazing training and education opportunities. Focus on technology innovation. Great people.

Cons

You have to be comfortable with change.

4. "2017 ERG Conference"

Current Employee - Senior Tech PM in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Tech PM in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AT&T holds an Employee Resource Group conference every year in Dallas in support of Diversity & Inclusion. This is an amazing opportunity to meet with senior level executives in the company and network with other employees from diverse backgrounds! I am very proud to work for such a company that encourages and promotes diversity!

Cons

AT&T is a very large company and if you are not familiar with how to navigate this structure it can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote diversity & inclusion and spread the news of the good work that is being done at AT&T!

5. "Construction and Engineering"

Current Employee - Construction Engineer/Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Construction Engineer/Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AT&T has lots of positive aspects of the company including it's diversity and inclusion/equal opportunity employer, community service/volunteer involvement, benefits(medical/dental/vision/life), training, tuition reimbursement, advancement opportunities and more...

Cons

There are no part-time positions available for my department only Retail Stores and I have a young child so online classes are hard in the evenings because it's hands-on at home.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote transparency and honesty between management and non-management with an open door of communication policy throughout the company as a whole, not just between management and leadership/upper management.

6. "Excellent Company to Work at!"

Current Employee - Business Management Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Management Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at AT&T is so friendly and polite. My first day at the company someone from a completely different state called me to welcome me to the company. Whenever there is a task that I do not know what to do I have a long list of people that always give me a good idea on where to start. I also enjoy working for a company that prides itself in giving back to the community. I have had the opportunity to help with two community service construction projects. One building a playground for a YMCA and the other building a house for a family.

Cons

AT&T is a global company. Sometimes meeting times are early in the morning or late at night to accommodate everyone’s schedules.

Advice to Management

Continue providing opportunities for your employees to get to know one another through fun functions like community service projects.

7. "AT&T -- Having An Impact on Our Communities"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In September 2017, it was a honor to be in one place in Dallas, Texas at our ERG Conference and be amongst thousands of AT&T employees who give so willingly of their personal time to help those in the community.

In addition, words cannot express how it felt to be in the presence of our Chairman/CEO, Randall L. Stephenson, and so many other Leaders in our organization who value, encourage and support the work we do.

I am so proud to work for a company who is making a difference in our communities by having employees engaged.

Cons

There are always cons in every work place. However as an individual, I have the responsibility to turn a con into a positive.

Advice to Management

AT&T needs to be the leader in taking our Employee Resource Group to a new level. Even though we are involved in our communities and making a difference, people are not getting out of their current situation.

As I am working in my community in Detroit, I am discovering these agencies are not holding accountability to the individuals. How can we expect change if the people we are helping are not changing? Our Mind is the most powerful thing that is in our possession. People have to believe they can be better and get out of their situation. However, it requires work. Work that is difficult to do because it requires we may have to change our behaviors, life styles, thoughts, and face our fears. However if these individuals had mentors to help them persevere, they can overcome their challenges. Sometimes the things we fear or resist is the thing we need the most.

I am going to keep speaking these words until someone pays attention as I feel this is the only way we are going to make a real change in our community.

I am going to say because I believe it --> Once AT&T steps forward and gets more involved in the community, other companies are going to step forward.

8. "Retail Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Evansville, IN

I have been working at AT&T part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is great across the board

Cons

Everything else is terrible, and management is horrible

Advice to Management

Stop the micro

"I like working in the field and driving company's vehicle and the tools they provide."

Current Employee - AT&T Premises Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - AT&T Premises Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at AT&T (More than a year)

Pros

You work on your own. As long as you do good work, quality, and meet up your numbers (2 installs 2 repairs) you should be ok.

Cons

Politics, problems with orders. Scope of work feels unreachable at times. Contract negotiations that the union leave behind that affect our work and our wage pay. Going on strike. Customers being rude. Suspensions.

Advice to Management

Lead by good examples.

10. "Great with se drawbacks"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is great for not needing a degree, or much experience at all since their training process goes a long way. Great opportunities to move up.

Cons

Hours are based on seniority, so for the first couple of years say goodbye to your nights and weekends.

Showing 15,521 of 16,217 reviews