AT&T Reviews | Glassdoor

1,876 Ratings

3,076 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Associate Director Technology Development"

Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development in Bothell, WA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.

Support for women in technical leadership roles.

Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.

Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.

Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.

Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.

Cons

Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.

Advice to Management

Love the technology talks from ATO collaboration zones.

AT&T Response

Jul 24, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are pleased to hear that you feel we are reaching above and beyond when it comes to diversity and inclusion, as this is very important to us as a company. Thank you for positive your input and... More

"All companies, large and small, could look to AT&T to see how to do it right"

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many, Many different opportunities
    Great Culture
    High level of ethics in the work place
    Challenging projects, in a good way
    They want the best from everyone
    Able to switch positions in different divisions and locations

Cons

all work environments aren't perfect. All depends on your attitude of how to handle the difficult parts

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

3. "Great company environment. Lots of opportunities to grow professionally."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of company provided benefits. Company does well in looki g out for workers' well being. Provides many opportunities to excel.

Cons

Some of the mandated company training will not apply to certain jobs. Company training site can be difficult to access.

4. "ATT FLITE Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at AT&T as an intern

Pros

Lots of networking opportunities, friendly employees

Cons

very general work, difficult to develop hard-skills

"Wire tech"

Pros

Love of the job woohoo

Cons

Management needs better upper management

6. "Great employer"

Current Employee - Cable Splicing Technician in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Cable Splicing Technician in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employer to work for

Cons

No cons working at at&t

7. "Brand advocate"

Former Employee - Human Resources Training in Scott Depot, WV
    Former Employee - Human Resources Training in Scott Depot, WV

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great to employee, good benefits and pay.

Cons

WV is a small part of the corporate ladder. Unless ur willing to relocate, growth in that area is minimal

Advice to Management

Offer more opportunity in non corporate hubs.

8. "CSE"

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

There is a great opportunity for career growth

Cons

the job is very demanding and requires a lot of effort

9. "The Very Best There Is"

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There’s no hard labor involved. Plenty of opportunity to advance and promote within or outside of the company if preferred. Pay and benefits are better than I’ve ever dreamed imaginable. The Health insurance that’s offered is amazing. 401 K . HUGE discounts off of all AT&T services plus many many others. Union organized. Fun environment. Vacation days are issued often. Possibilities of leaving work early some days (without pay) if calls are slow and company approves. Different types of bonus opportunities are given often, just for doing your job the way you’re supposed to anyway.

Cons

I honestly don’t have many cons to list here....I still believe this is the very best company out there to work for...but while I absolutely love the company and all that it stands for, the Memphis call center itself is a whole different story. A lot of favoritism goes on there, along with a lot of gossip and rumors. Management constantly changes things up and don’t always communicate these constant changes with all teams or reps until it’s to late. The attendance policy is way more strict than I’ve ever heard before. They don’t give you much room to miss work for sudden emergencies, etc. they USED to.....but not anymore at all for a while now. If you have special health issues that would require you to ever have to possibly go on a disability leave (which is only available to you after one full year or working with them) , then this is definitely NOT the company you want to work for. The company that handles the leave status is horrible in my opinion. They will require you and your doctor BOTH to work day and night constantly sending them in a very large amount of paperwork that’s mostly not even necessary. AT&T feels that it is all the employees responsibility to make sure all dates missed are covered by your doctor, and you have to constantly beg and remind your doctor of things to send in after a couple of weeks because your doctor will get so overworked with everything that they request...they WILL start to forget things. And, Even IF you fully complete everything they want you to complete, and perform everything the exact way they want you to perform it, I would advise to screenshot everything and send it straight to your personal email...because it’s been proven before that certain absence dates along with other things are known to suddenly just change or disappear without you being notified and no one being able to provide you a reason as to “why”. However, Other than the attendance policies and rumors, gossip, favoritism, micro management, unmet promises, and the lack of encouragement but instead...constant blame on the representative for what they are or are not doing- this company is the very best I’ve ever worked for. I’m actually even already considering retirement......just NOT at THIS particular center if at all possible.

Advice to Management

If I could make any recommendations....I would definitely work on your attendance policy a little. 8 points is a great amount but the amount of time given before the full point is given isn’t even one full half of the daily 8 hours. That’s where I think it needs work.

Also, try having the supervisors and managers trained to give a little more encouragement to their teams and individual reps. All I constantly ever hear is what I’m doing wrong or what tool I may not be using. Even when every metric on my scorecard for that month may be far above goal , I still just recently got harassed about the ONE and only goal I did NOT meet, which was AHT. I never even got coaching on it, no skills were taught to me to avoid it from happening again next month...even after I asked for help with it. I never got ANY feedback on and of my other individual metrics at all....which literally all far exceeded the metric goals. No encouragement given what so ever, which in turn has made me really despise being their now. My last supervisor was great though.

Lastly, maybe consider using “work performance” as a value rather than “tenure” or “favorites” when it comes to shift bidding, promotions, and other things. Some of your reps work really hard to meet your constantly changing goals, they may struggle at times but are always looking for different opportunities of advancement. While not all, but the majority of your tenured reps have decided to stick with what they know. They hardly ever even try to advance with the company and learn any news tools or follow any new changes until they are absolutely forced to. If you haven’t done this already, just go take a look at which reps consistently give you your highest metrics thru out the call center.......I have a good feeling it will be the newer ones. I just feel that they To should be shown a great amount of recognition also....especially if they are performing well and meeting or exceeding their goals. I understand that tenured reps have given a history of their time and loyalty to the company....but, I thought that’s what their pay raises were for? What do they actually still CURRENTLY DO better than any new hires that they should be obligated to get these great opportunities? I’ll wait.....

10. "great benefits"

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

job stability. best pay in the industry. top education. wonderful benefits.

Cons

long hours. physically demanding. management and union don't get along which can create a hostile work environment.

Showing 3,076 of 17,213 reviews