AT&T Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017
14,611 reviews

Full-time Part-time

14,611 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • I love the job great pay and benefits (in 759 reviews)

• Great benefits along with a flexible work life balance makes this a great job for someone who is both a student and employee (in 418 reviews)

Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 903 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 259 reviews)

1. "Retail Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Springfield, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, good work environment. Meeting with lots of different people.

Cons

Stress
    Long hours
    High monthly goals

Advice to Management

Help your sales persons to help yourself.

2. "Good people, less-than-transparent recruiting practices"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were amazing
    Wage is great

Cons

Recruitment practices are somewhat deceptive. Was hired for retention team, but after classroom training ended and we moved into OJT we were all given sales goals. Even if just transferring a call to technical support, still required to up-sell two offers, every call, every time. This was not mentioned during recruitment, that we'd have sales goals.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent when dealing with prospect employees. Be open that regardless of their call type they will have sales quotas to reach. This ensures you get the right people, and that you wont have people upset/leaving for feeling like they were victims of bait & switch recruitment tactics.

3. "Good company, but advancement opportunities are few and far between"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent insurance benefits and employee discounts. Lots of diversity and most people are friendly. Company is constantly changing and evolving due to new technology and concepts.

Cons

No room for growth or advancement. Not all but some management is sometimes more focused on meeting company targets and goals in order to gain company bonuses and incentives than their employees

5. "I have nothing but "Love" for AT&T"

Former Employee - Universal Service Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Universal Service Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AT&T has a very diverse workforce. You will work with people from different backgrounds, races and cultures. They have ERG's (Employee Resource Groups) that you can align your social life with and collaborate with like minded people. Also, AT&T pays very well. I believe they have been fair in their merit adjustments each year being employed.

Cons

AT&T tends to always challenge the status quo by looking at innovation in ways to always improve their products, service, technology, etc for the next century. Given the on-going changes and challenges for the 21st century, they do force management reductions or layoffs quite often. They have occurred every year over the last several years I've worked there.

Advice to Management

Continue to push training and further education. It is critical to today's changing demands and challenges in the information technology age. Be honest with your subordinates regarding any changes in the business that may impact them regardless of their performance. And keep thriving and using the power of "&" to continue connecting the world and doing it better than everyone else.

6. "Good company - for some"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company which would suggest lots of opportunity. Many departments and roles to be interested in.

Cons

Finding an advocate can be difficult, just because of sheer size. Difficult to make transitions without that advocate.

Advice to Management

Realistically there is nothing management can and will do because the company is just too large to be cohesive

7. "Intense sales pressure from management and constantly adding/ removing different services to sell and push."

Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Ladera Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - AT&T Retail Sales Consultant in Ladera Ranch, CA

I have been working at AT&T part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money while in school and part time. Fast paced work environment means it's usually fun and time goes by quickly. New technology and devices are fun to work with.

Cons

Scheduling is very strict and structured! Very little flexibility and easy to be fired over stupid things like missing 8 days within 12 months because of point system.

Advice to Management

Problem stems from higher up management not managers directly above you so sales pressure and poor treatment of employees will probably continue until a massive law suit forces the company to change internal culture.

"Over 10 yrs with AT&T"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employee discounts on all services.
    Decent health benefits.
    401k matching.
    Tuition reimbursement.
    Something new everyday, always changing environment.
    Paid vacation, up to 4 weeks in a yr.
    Okay paychecks, even though I make $15k less a yr than when I started.

Cons

If you're reading this, apply at Verizon, not AT&T.
    Downsizing is obvious, even though managment won't admit it. I get coachings for the lamest stuff imaginable just starting this year while kiss butts and part timers are left alone and I've had zero blemishes on both my record and attendance in all my prior yrs.
    Get paid the same regardless of new add or upgrade, so I'd rather just do upgrades, new adds are now dreaded instead of getting excited about it, especially ports.
    Time and energy I spend closing business deals not worth the reward anymore even though management pushes them like crazy.
    Managers do not care about you unless you are making them look good to their managment on a consistent basis.
    Ethics has gone and left our store because of unrealistic goals, DTV'S get flipped, hundreds of dollars given away to slam people to sign up for DTV, just to have it cancel. And then these reps get rewarded for it.
    I could go on and on about the downward spiral I've seen in the past couple yrs. It's all been said though in other con reviews.

Advice to Management

I know the future is going to authorized retailers, Best Buys, Wal-Mart etc. But until then just please take care of your people and they'll take care of you, no more micro-managing, I want to be excited about coming to work again. Give us a fair Union contract. And quit paying Randall so much and put some money back into our pockets. What the heck does one man do with $28,000,000/yr anyway after buying a fat house in Jackson Hole and a nice fancy jet to fly there?

9. "AT&T Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at AT&T (Less than a year)

Pros

Well Paid
    Great People
    Company invests in developing employees

Cons

Too many people working from home - disconnected/disengaged feeling
    Constant reorganizations
    Wireline products do not work

Advice to Management

Locate offices in urban and suburban areas

10. "Great"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the environment inside store.

Cons

Too many products and services have to be offered in each transactions.

Advice to Management

Great

11. "Technical Skills Growth Opportunities"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Director in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Unlimited education degree/training/certification opportunities at little or no cost to managers. Grow your skills in order to stay relevant. If you are in a field you do not like, you can figure out a plan/path with numerous available resources and start working your plan without leaving the Company.

Cons

Limited time - 40-60 hr workweeks (salaried) can make it challenging to find time for the training opportunities that are available. If you can make it work, you should absolutely take advantage of it.

Advice to Management

In my experience (as a manager), communication is clear.

Showing 14,611 of 15,200 reviews