AT&T Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work life balance if you have a family due to American working hours (in 1033 reviews)

• Life consuming, no work life balance (in 297 reviews)

1. "Outgoing, Cheerful professional that is a natural problem solver. Fair but a rule follower"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Hendersonville, TN
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Hendersonville, TN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the best management staff anyone can ask for. They were always on the floor working with us never asking as to do things they would not day theirself.

Cons

I don't feel like the raps got paid what they were worth as long as the hours were, as long as we are on our fate, and we were actually trying to do assistant store manager duties. We should have been compensated for that.

Advice to Management

Having a good area retail manager makes the store which makes hiring a good store manager easy and I had a good one so I worked for a great store.

2. "Great place for telecommunication growth"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits including 401(k), vacation, disability, health, tuition reimbursement. Excellent customers and very innovative company. Even better opportunities in other cities/states

Cons

Horrible management. Constantly changing management so you never know which direction to follow. No much room for growth in Orlando

3. "AT&T"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Burlington, VT
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Burlington, VT

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can make a fair amount of money

Cons

High stress sales, what you do didn't matter only what will you do

Advice to Management

Stop selling DTV

4. "sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Nowhere, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Nowhere, OK

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

money. but it's almost not worth it.

Cons

Hours. you never see your family. management is awful. They hire the "sales aggressive" young adults as assistant managers/store managers instead of all rounder leaders who inspire reps to do their best. Instead the types of people they hire make you want to quit in the worst way.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring aggressive sales reps as managers. If you are going to do that, make sure they are leader material. No one wants to listen to an overly arrogant sales rep as a manager.

5. "Refusing to pay me owed salary and commission"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at AT&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to working with this company. They do not care about their employees or their families.

Cons

They still owe me over $1000.

Initially told my starting pay as $0.30 per hour higher than it actually was. A new district manager took over when I was about a month in to my job. She immediately moved our newly appointed assistant manager to another store and began moving many employees to other stores. I found out from other employees that this is common practice with AT&T. They are constantly switching management and moving people around. There is a constant feeling of instability and uncertainty, especially as they are making plans to eliminate many corporate owned retail stores.

Now to the worse part. In November 2017 I received my commission check from October 2017 on schedule without a problem. I was then told by manager (in December) I needed to complete an online class or I wouldn’t receive my December commission on time. I completed the course, showed my manager and he signed off. Apparently that wasn’t the course so a few days before Christmas I saw my commission didn’t hit my bank account. I kept getting the run around about my check and was forced to find employment elsewhere because I was not getting paid the agreed upon amount. It is nearly February and I still have not received my commission that was due in December or the one due in January. I am constantly being told different dates by management and have had to involve the department of labor.

This company is so large it doesn’t respect or care about its customers or employees. If you work here you will be nothing but a warm body with a number attached to it. They will lie to you and constantly steer you wrong.

Advice to Management

Be interested in the well being of your employees and customers not just your shareholders.

6. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at AT&T (Less than a year)

Pros

Corporate benefits, 401k,healthcare, commission on top of hourly rate, management is great at mentoring, large company with room to grow

Cons

Weekend and holiday hours- what you would expect working a retail position. Commission could be tough especially with competition for high volume sales- stand your ground and follow up with your leads to close deals

7. "Great environment, pay, and benefits."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Hanover, MA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Hanover, MA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job for someone just getting into sales, or someone that has experience. Because Att is such a large company they are able to provide great learning resources to improve your job skills. Great pay, benefits, and bonuses.

Cons

Fast paced environment and some of the products can be difficult to sell. The job is definitely determined by the manager you have and managers seem to move around a lot so things change quickly.

AT&T Response

Jan 5, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and acknowledging the pay, benefits and rewards we pride ourselves on. You are right, retail is a very fast-paced part of our business. But we try to balance the challenge... More

8. "Great place"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SO many benefits and opportunities

Cons

doesn't have a good 401k plan.

Advice to Management

get better 401k plans

"Horrible unethical Corporation to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worldwide telecommunicator, the original telecommunicator for communication around the world

Cons

AT&T has become a telemarketer who does not care about its employees or customers it's all about sales sales sales and they are sales that are unethical very sad I don't see a future in this company I tell all young people do not apply their move on and get a real career or real job because AT&T is a telemarketer

Advice to Management

Stop being a telemarketer and treat your employees as professional and care about them if you care for your employees you definitely care for your customers

10. "Bureaucratic nightmare"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay that starts you with a commission check when you're training. Interacting with customers and helping them leave with a smile can be fulfilling work.

Cons

When I shadowed before selling I saw an experienced sales rep get transferred seven times over the phone only to fail in activating a new watch. I recently spent five hours between departments porting a number from another company to AT&T for a single line. In an understaffed store with a long queue for customers the guest does not come first as the sales reps are more than often helpless to assist them; or, if you try to assist your guest you'll find yourself at odds with management who contradicts what the corporate reps tell you to do when a problem arises. No department seems to agree or know the correct protocols for efficient help and this leaves our guests infuriated.

Store level: micromanagement and managers who will not take responsibility for mistakes.

Advice to Management

take responsibility for your mistakes. If you cause an error, fix it. Stop passing the buck.