AT&T Reviews in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 997 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 285 reviews)

1. "It is a good Company"

Current Employee - AT&T Mobility RSC in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - AT&T Mobility RSC in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a good paying company in the first year I was looking at 55K after the changes.

Cons

The company is looking at any way to reduce commissions and pay. I was set to be in the 60's then they changed our pay.

Advice to Management

Stick to the Union contract to have less issues and remember the people in your store you likely spend more time went than your family. Treat your employees like you would family.

"Position was great before AT&T took over."

Current Employee - Premise Technician in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Premise Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health benefits are 90/10 costs about $360/month for a family. Typically you work autonomously with little supervision. Meet interesting people everyday. Always learning about new in-home electronics (some customers always buy the latest and greatest). $1.09 raise every 6 months.

Cons

Working hours are completely ridiculous. Rarely off before 6pm. Typically closer to 7pm and later. Lunch breaks are rarely taken because it only adds extra time to the end of your shift so techs generally clock out and work so they can get off work earlier.
        Under AT&T, we are now required to work months at a time on 6 day work weeks. Also, AT&T can tell you they are transferring you out of state at anytime for up to one month periods of time.
        There is no flexibility on work schedules. You will get one weekend off per month and if you happen to be out of state when they transfer you for 2 weeks or 4 weeks you will likely find yourself hanging out at a hotel room in the middle of nowhere.
        Paid time off is fairly standard unless you have to call out sick. Although you have your "sick days" paid using all 4 in a year each one will get you fired. Your 4th is your notice of termination.
        As of Jan. 2017, AT&T technicians do not receive any 401k match. Also, advancement is a lie unless you go back to school and apply for another position. There are only 5 supervisors and 1 manager in all of Utah.
       Capped pay at $25/hr. We are required to where cutting gloves to cut, leather gloves to climb ladders or carry them, mechanics gloves to work in general and inspect but never wear a pair of electrical gloves in our vehicle. We have a million other safety rules that for the most part make sense.
       There is ZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOO work/life balance!!!!!! Seriously none!!!

Advice to Management

Understand that most of your technicians have families who want to see their dads. Grow a pair and stick up for your technicians. We not only make your job possible, we pay your wage. Without us, you would not be here and satellite tv would be gone. 4-6 and 4-8 appointments are bs. We are 8-10 out on service calls. Maybe you should hire more techs instead of wearing everyone into the ground.

3. "More and more micro management and less investment in tools and sales"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and good compensation. Stable organization with great products to sell! The company has been investing heavy in strategy and acquisitions. Great people work for organization and concept of fun work environment is definitely a hope.

Cons

Direction of leadership has recently been not trusting employees to do their jobs. Requiring activity standards that are unrealistic with the tools they provides. Systems outside sales use are antiquated and not efficient. No good crm to support sales efforts.

Advice to Management

Trust employees and cultivate fun work atmosphere

4. "installer"

Former Employee - Technician in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

lots of sun, rain, wind, hail, and snow. never the same job twice, and my favorite time was OUT of the office far away from management.

Cons

i don't know what was worse, that AT&T acquired DirecTV and left all the HORRIBLE and ignorant managers in charge or that it went from piece rate to hourly, pov to cov and salaries were basically cut in 3.

Advice to Management

realize you are on the tail end of a satellite frenzy, and directv is definitely NOT worth all those billions you paid for it. you already made the transition from growth to exploiting your existing customers, but stop there. why did you have to start cannibalizing your own employees. not cool.

5. "Retail Account Executive"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-great benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k w/100% match)
    -great perks (50% off wireless bill, huge discount on DirecTV, generous PTO)
    -awesome coworkers

Cons

-lack of upward mobility
    -office politics (but every job has them)
    -company seems to operate different from market to market

Advice to Management

Do more to develop your employees to be promotable. One-hour lectures from CEO and VPs streamed online don't teach us the skills to advance.

6. "Good Job"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Good pay, benefits, management, advancement opportunities

Cons

Long hours, sometimes goals can be a little far fetched.

7. "Collections agent"

Current Employee - Collections & Customer Service Representative Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AT&T (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts on At&the goods and services

Cons

Always changing call metrics and rules.

8. "sales manager"

Current Employee - Retail Management in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Retail Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

benefits, compensation, dress code, incentives.

Cons

hours , work life balance, opportunities to advance in certain markets.

9. "Great benefits & company structure"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits, paid time off, and other employee benefits like tuition reimbursement and paid training.

Cons

All of the drama that can occur between sales reps and managers. Sales reps are unionized and the managers are not. Sometimes it leads to conflict and clashing priorities.

Advice to Management

Strengthen the relationships between managers and sales reps so reps can trust that their superiors are looking out for their best interests as well as those of the company.

10. "A good experience to spring board into a career."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, good experience working for a large company. Very structured.

Cons

Retail hours are taxing over time including working late nights, weekends, and holidays.

Showing 17 of 16,793 reviews