AT&T Reviews in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 922 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 262 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Finance Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Finance Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits,perks,people,experience,training...and challenges advancement opportunities, working there prepared me for working anywhere doing numerous things and jobs also advancement opportunites with advancing your education

Cons

Work schedule ,not conducive for family life, small kids cause no flexiblity and restricted attedence policy also commute not flexible

Advice to Management

From Remember where u came from

2. "Assistant Store Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, employee discounts, and plenty of perks.

Cons

Poor leadership. It's hard to find good leadership. Most of them don't care that you have a life outside of work. No work life balance this coming from a mother of two kids.

Advice to Management

You don't always have to be a pencil pusher. You have your own ideas be brave and stand up for your team.

3. "Business Analyst (Area Manager)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging work, great co-workers, good benefits.

Cons

Constantly re-organizing, unrealistic deployment expectations set by management, which were market-driven, and meant code was set to production completely unready. Unable to advance if you don't have a Champion in the upper ranks.

Advice to Management

Listen to the pleas of your teams. Set market expectations accordingly. Put in place a formal mentoring program for leadership.

4. "Premise Technician Review"

Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay and benefits when compared to the industry competition

Cons

Company makes you work on major holidays and during extreme inclement weather. Also gives you sick days but penalizes you if you use them.

5. "Stay Away"

Current Employee - Reatil Sales Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Reatil Sales Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a good employee discount and it is a stock market powerhouse, historically. They offer insurance which is good if you have a pre existing condition in times like these.

Cons

No upward mobility. Attendance policy is draconian. The commission structure can't be explained by anybody. The market is saturated (everybody has a cell phone or even two by now). Layoffs are abundant with management. Many parts of the job take away from what you get paid on but are required to do. If you actually help people you get punished. If you stand up for what is right you can get punished. If you make a single mistake you get punished. They tell you in training we can fix honest mistakes but you get to your store and that's not true. You just be perfect and never make a mistake. If you don't try to sell direct tv to a lady whose husband just died you can get punished. If the store is dead and you spend to long with a customer you can get a written coaching that will get used against you if you apply for management. The technology we use is old and the store wifi sucks if you want to study at work. All apps we use are unreliable and slow. This is not a technology company. Rules don't apply to top scammers, I mean performers. There is no sense of team or unity. COR hates authorized retailers and customer care and other stores. Nobody takes responsibility for their actions and most people don't want to take customers. Most people who come in the store just need a password reset. As soon as there is a solution for that I don't see why anybody would even want to visit a store unless they were sold out at Apple. That is just was wrong with the company. Now for the customers.
    Most in my store are old and racist. Luckily they think I'm white so I got all these jokes about those Indians on customer service can't speak English and this is America and stuff like that. I just play along because I needed the money and that is what this job has turned me into. If you are somebody that has to stand up for what you believe in than seriously don't take this job. Only take it if you are willing to deal with many really old people, have no family, and are ok with people getting screwed over as long as you get paid for it.

Advice to Management

You don't know the people, the process, or the product. Quit. Just quit. Retire.

6. "Installing internet, tv and phone services at customer's home or business."

Former Employee - Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Technician in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Loved working with wiring. Drill holes and run wires. Seal and splice cables. Must love hands on.

Cons

Not knowing when you'll go home. Managers were very pushy on finishing work within certain time even though not every house or business was the same..

Advice to Management

Loved it but needed to not base works on time. Not every home is the same and you will eventually run into obstacles.

7. "NA"

Current Employee - Available in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Available in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent, consistent, good sales, good products.

Cons

slow in hiring, servers go out sometimes, billing is off at times, unstable.

Advice to Management

im still trying to get hired. I've done like 3 online applications and still nothing. im looking for full time !

"Almost yearly layoffs"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great, solid, historical company. Good benefits & compensation. Lots of training opportunities. In all, a great place to be.

Cons

Almost yearly layoffs and re-orgs, which caused a lot of stalled momentum and staff uncertainty. I lived through about 15 rounds of layoffs in my 20 years at AT&T.
    Increasing reliance on contractors to do the work of laid-off employees.

Advice to Management

At least 50% of your re-orgs are probably unnecessary/harmful to productivity and morale.

9. "No home life, long hours, no positive reinforcement"

Former Employee - Professional-Applications Developer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Professional-Applications Developer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved the work. Ability to work from home. Benifits are better than other companies. Team atmosphere is mostly a positive experience.

Cons

Continual layoffs every quarter due to DTV merger. Priorities continually changing. No upward mobility or sideways mobility. No home life and long hours. High performance pressure.

Advice to Management

Keep good employees don't let go of those with higher salaries just to save money. Experience should be retained.

10. "Employee Relations Manager"

Current Employee - Employee Relations Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Employee Relations Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Plenty of vacation time
    Telecommuting advantages in a weekly basis
    Supported leadership for changes to improve overall environment and culture

Cons

juggle workload to fit the 24hr turnaround timeframe
    returning from vacation is always a challenge when catching up
    challenging getting things done due to size of company

Advice to Management

No advice, they make sure to support me and my personal needs

Showing 116 of 15,469 reviews