AT&T Security Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 10 reviews

3.1
AT&T CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson
  1. "AT&T is awesome to work for"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, upward mobility, base pay

Cons

Government contracting is very streaky

AT&T2018-05-30
  2. "Cyber Security Engineer - TDP"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits are good

Cons

Job Growth, Development. Poor program management.

AT&T2019-06-08
    • "Trainwreck"

Former Employee - Senior Network Security Engineer in Plano, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, remote working, bonus, left alone to perform work.

Cons

Completely disorganized, adversarial teams, detached leaders, throwing people under the bus, no leadership whatsoever, mountains of paperwork, red tape on everything, everything takes forever to request and get completed, favoritism, no planning just pull the trigger, Bad culture. Worst place I've ever worked.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter, they won't change.

AT&T2018-07-26
    • "Network & Security Engineer"

Current Employee - Network and Security Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at AT&T for more than a year

Pros

Best Experience with AT&T, we can learn more and more on the field, where we can achieve our carriers and dreams

Cons

there was no proper management which set, and encourage there employees support them, and every time it's more on to the businees

AT&T2017-06-20
      • "This is not the job I was offered"

Current Employee - Systems Security Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T for less than a year

Pros

Its a job that pays the bills and that is about all I can say about this company. I honestly cannot think of any other Pros for working here.

Cons

Working in a windowless building is depressing. Working in areas I am not trained in is frustrating, yet they continually try to make me do things I am not qualified to do and they just call it a challenge. AT&T contractors do not get PTO or Sick Days or Holidays. Yet we do the exact same work as employees and work the same hours. As a contractor with AT&T you must accept the fact that your contract can be eliminated...

Advice to Management

Treat your contractors like employees! Advertise positions correctly based on what the worker will be actually doing. Managers need to work on location so that they are accessible...manager that work remote are respected less.

AT&T2017-07-20

"Moves slowly, but enough diverse projects that you can work on nearly any technology."

Current Employee - Senior Security Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Direct managers generally care about their employees. Benefits are good, cheap Internet, phone, and television as well as 401k matching. Health and dental are... fair. Recent training push means every employee is being cross-trained in current and cutting-edge technologies.

Cons

Upper management still maintains somewhat of a disconnect from the rank-and-file. This can lead to some management decisions without explanation that lead to inefficiencies and morale grind.

AT&T2016-09-06
      • "Some interesting project but there are better technology companies."

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T

Pros

U-verse, Mobility (Cingular) and Internet services are great places to work for now where the money is being spent.

Cons

Old school telco mentality. There is an enormous amount of red tape and bureaucracy around every corner. There will be further staff reductions as a part of "merger synergies". I'd stay away from any job dealing with IT / back end support systems. If you're a top end technology person in your field there are better choices for places to work.

Advice to Management

The Senior Management should be more in tune with current technologies and shed the 125 year old telco mentality.

AT&T2008-06-12
      • "Very Proffessional"

Former Employee - Network Security Engineer in Brno

I worked at AT&T for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good employer with a lot of good professionals. Great team relations, everyone willing to help out.

Cons

Dont know about any at the moment

AT&T2018-12-19
      • "Security engineer- Pros and Cons"

Former Employee - Security Engineer in Brno

I worked at AT&T full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/Life balance Multicultural environment Working with different vendors (cisco/checkpoint/bluecoat/fortinet and more) Is like a university, many opportunities to learn new things and practice them, but this depends the team and the lvl of privilege you have.

Cons

Salary... Difficult to get raises. Management, no words to describe them. Awful from local to upper one in USA. Very few to none serious training's and they expect from you to know and support everything.... Many procedures. Lvl of employees is getting worst and worst, very few technical guys. After one point is alla about cost and cost savings when the company every year is making millions of $

Advice to Management

Better salaries, more opportunities, need to provide professional and better trainings, try to be more close to your employee.

AT&T2015-03-30
      • "AT&T"

Former Employee - Network Security Engineer in Buenos Aires

I worked at AT&T full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mucho home working y manejado directamente con tu manager por lo que si sos cumplidor y no te toca un idiota (dentro de AT&T casi todos lo son) podes trabajar desde tu casa gran parte de la semana

Cons

TODO. En toda área tienen mucha menos gente de lo que necesitan realmente, entonces si bien la paga está por debajo del mercado, te terminas llevando más o menos lo mismo que en cualquier lado por la gran cantidad de horas extra. Pero te quedas sin vida. Y el 95% de los managers son descerebrados

AT&T2016-12-04