AT&T Reviews in Tucson, AZ | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 997 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 285 reviews)

1. "Solid place to start out"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Amazing Pay
    -Excellent Benefits
    -Great education and training sales and wireless products
    -If you are willing to relocate there is tons of opportunity to advance your career
    -If you listen more than you speak and apply the skills learned/acquired; your 20's will be pretty legit!
    -Good time off, sick time, FMLA, better benefits than the healthcare community
    -If you can show up on time, love your team members, and have a will to grow this company will deliver

Cons

-Hitting your numbers can be stressful
    -Upward movement can be difficult in small regions as your competition is typically fierce and availability is low
    -Work/life balance is touch because I was in sales - thats just how it is
    -Senior management may have needed some revitalizing which was happening as I disembarked

Advice to Management

I look back at this job which I was blessed to get right out of high school with no experience and wish I had given more thanks and expressed more appreciation for the people I got to work among. When your young being a sales rep on the floor is fun but you take advantage and can allow the stress to impact everything that is going so well and is providing you with a solid income and the constant opportunity to network. Me and my husband met at AT&T, I remain friends with some folks still there, I still use AT&T service and we are blessed to be where we are at today. Neither of us would be here had we not become part of the AT&T family.

2. "Worst job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at AT&T part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on direct tv amd your phone bill if you use AT&T

Cons

I'm 47 and I've been working since I was 13. Done everything from McDonald's to Apple and the is the worst job I've ever had by far. Commission is poor. If you want commission go to Verizon. They don't appreciate anything you do.

Advice to Management

Get better managers. Don't make your sales people cram directv down peoples throats. Increase commission.

3. "Great opportunities and pay for starting out"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For the job, there is nothing better in retail sales. Schedule can be difficult at first with semi-late nights and working weekends but it comes with the industry. Exceed your goals, work you way up into management and if you're lucky you can get out of retail and into corporate.

Cons

Corporate bureaucracy. Priority given to lateral movers even if they didn't succeed in their previous position.

Advice to Management

Open up channels of communication with your front line sales people, they appreciate it.

4. "Great company to work for if you are not in school."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Pay is very reasonable as well as there benefits are good.

Cons

Managers were never in the store and could come in late or not at all when ever they felt like it.

Advice to Management

Regional managers should stop by the stores randomly to see if the managers are there when they are scheduled.

5. "Horrible Management in Tucson... Why pay managers who are never in their store..."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Tucson, AZ

Pros

-Good Pay
    -GREAT Benefits
    -Paid time off
    -Scheduling; if you have no seniority then don't expect the schedule you want
    -Tuition Reimbursement is one of the most difficult things to get fulfilled. When a company stated they do tuition reimbursement they should do so with out having the employee reapply 25 times over 3 months.

Cons

-Retail Management hires on people who have no experience in wireless and then has them chauffeur her around tucson because she cant do store visits with out a crew with her.
    -Manager was never there; Couldn't call him to get overrides bec he would never pick up
    -Management as a whole needs to be redone because there is no gain when there is no manager around

Advice to Management

Pay attention to you top sales reps and part timers who work more then 35 hours a week.Listen to your employees when they say there is no managers in the store. Make sure you managers are actually at work.

Showing 5 of 16,793 reviews