AT&T Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 994 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 285 reviews)

"Global Account Director"

Former Employee - Global Account Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Global Account Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at AT&T (More than 10 years)

Pros

Financially sound, great company to work for, people once in stay for a number of years.
    Investment being made in most areas of the business

Cons

Systems and processes are too long, takes ages to get ordered and delivered.
    In US, Global seems to be Mexico rather than true global messages.
    Once in sales hard to progress as sales management roles don't come available too often.
    Need local infrastructure that they own rather than utilising partners.

2. "Tax specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redditch, England (UK)

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible working available to most people

Cons

Difficult to get promotion or move department

Advice to Management

Do more succession planning and employee development

3. "Being on the outside has opened my eyes"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Redditch, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Redditch, England (UK)

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and perks. Seem to be able to work from home and take the mickey out of it. Great if you play golf etc

Cons

People been in their roles too long, just coasting along. Now I work 'in the real world' I see how the employees take advantage. There is more skiving time than work time. Take time off when they want. Management turn a blind eye. No recognition for employees not in London

Advice to Management

You are being taken for mugs. Stop the working from home as much. Not much work gets done believe me

"What an awful place to work"

Former Employee - Business Development Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Development Director in London, England (UK)

Pros

Above average industry compensation packages

Cons

AT&T UK (sales) is not a positive environment to work if you are looking to progress your career. It is VERY political and unfortunately the GTM strategy is floored in every aspect. Management have been in roles so long they have a distorted view of reality and are out of touch with how successful companies win new business. The business model is centered around pull through from the US and the new logo strategy is trying to win MNCs from an account list that is created off the back page of the FT. There is no innovation, no accountability from marketing do generate leads from campaigns to conversion and no pedigree or skill in middle management, just very aggressive and childish means to micromanage people. There is very high turnover of staff as no one even realises that the business is fundamentally broken which is why YoY performance remains flat or negative. It's a 'me to' organisation that predominately resells ISV solutions and is considered tier two/tier three for core services by customers. Not a single new logo has been won in the last year and processes are so painful it's almost a conspiracy that no one wants you to be successful. Unfortunately legacy people are so comfortable and so close to retirement that they are lazy and there is no sense of urgency to act should an opportunity arise. A good simile to describe working at AT&T is trying to wallpaper your house through your letter box. The money is above the industry average but that perk soon wares off once you realise how utterly awful it is working in a pokey little office for which the highlight of peoples week is the fruit basket being delivered on a Wednesday.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results

"Uninspiring"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Newport Pagnell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Newport Pagnell, England (UK)

Pros

Big organisation and looks good on CV...no clear path for success and they need to employ people from different industries

Cons

Process driven not innovation. Hard to be motivated over the long term previous of time in this organisation like ATT

Advice to Management

Care about people

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redditch, England (UK)

I have been working at AT&T full-time

Pros

Good benefits especially if a long term employer. Depending on management the work life balance is great. Great discount gateway saving scheme.

Cons

Lengthy/complex processes. Innovation driven but some aspects AT&T are lagging behind the real world. Training restrictions & budget restrictions. Headcount issues & recruiting process needs improvements.

7. "Principal Architect"

Current Employee - Principal Architect in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Principal Architect in London, England (UK)

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good technically savvy colleagues and good regional growth

Cons

US based leader ship mindset can interfere with growing regional business, however this is slowly changing

8. "My time at AT&T"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evesham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evesham, England (UK)

I have been working at AT&T (More than 10 years)

Pros

AT&T has been a great place to work, allowing me to progress through many areas of the business over the years, as it evolved to meet the demands of the customer and maintain its position as leader in the global market place.

Cons

AT&T is transitioning into a low cost software defined network business which is great longer term, but shorter term that means an impact on where they are sourcing their employee resources. For this reason I could not recommend to a friend, as the availability of jobs in the UK is limited.

Advice to Management

Looking for a career in AT&T explore their website to understand where work is to be found as the business transitions into a global market leader with IoT and software defined networks.

"HR Business Partner"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Redditch, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Redditch, England (UK)

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very supportive of career development, excellent salary and benefits. HR function is best-in-class.

Cons

Very cost centric organisation and as with most HR functions the politics within HR are mire demanding than client politics.

AT&T Response

Jan 5, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback and acknowledging the pay, benefits and growth opportunities we pride ourselves on. We appreciate your honest feedback – it’s very important to us and the work we do to... More

10. "Experience was fantastic"

Former Employee - Cleaner in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Cleaner in Nottingham, England (UK)

I worked at AT&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work colleagues and well balanced working hours with the option of over time

Cons

Difficulty getting to grips with the pace of work but with the right amount of experience becomes managable

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work the buisness is progressing wonderfully

AT&T Response

Jan 5, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback and recognizing the efforts we put toward our employees finding a healthy work/life balance. We are so glad to hear of your positive experience and appreciate you being a... More

Showing 17 of 16,793 reviews