AT&T Reviews in Vienna, VA | Glassdoor

AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson
Randall L. Stephenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little work life balance opportunity (in 997 reviews)

• No Work Life Balance you'll trade time for (in 285 reviews)

1. "Proposal Manager Consultant"

Former Freelancer - Proposal Manager in Vienna, VA
    Former Freelancer - Proposal Manager in Vienna, VA

I worked at AT&T (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Was treated and accepted as an AT&T full-time employee even though I was a consultant.
    2. Worked remotely accept occasionally when I needed to be onsite for a specific reason.

Cons

New proposal management in 2014 believed quantity of proposals was more important than quality of proposals.

Advice to Management

Management has already taken the correct steps by removing the current Director of Proposal Operations and replacing with a more qualified individual. Should see drastic improvement in win rate as a result.

2. "Best in Class Company!"

Current Employee - Lead Staffing Manager in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Staffing Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been employed with AT&T for a lengthy period of time. Their dedication to their employees' education on the job, attractive benefit package, Employee Discounts on AT&T products and services, and tuition assistance to continue your education toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree are all top notch. I have had the opportunity to work in almost all areas of the company. This has given me a depth and breadth of experience and has allowed me to grow and development in my career. It has also given me confidence in my abilities, skills and knowledge. It's a great place to work!

Cons

It's a large company. But they do a good job of communicating with their employees to keep them informed and welcome feedback.

3. "Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Vienna, VA

Pros

Better than any other retail jobs in terms of pay

Cons

You can't transfer to corporate side or get promoted outside the retail.

"The only measure of success is sales."

Former Employee - Program Manager in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Vienna, VA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, virtual office, and flexible hours. Great career opportunities for successful sales people.

Cons

If you're not in sales, look somewhere else. Thankless work environment for program & project managers and engineers. Completely sales-driven organization recognizes only one kind of performance -- new business. Only path to advancement, senior positions and executive offices is through successful sales. Customer satisfaction, business retention, project performance & quality count for very little here.

Advice to Management

Focus on your products and services, and the bottom line will take care of itself. Continue to focus only on the bottom line, and you'll continue to lose business.

"Great benefits but CYA - Watch your back!"

Former Employee - ISSO in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - ISSO in Vienna, VA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Their benefits were great. Excellent 401k matching percentage and annual bonuses were decent.

Cons

Senior Mgmt doesn't really care about you, your continued education, my grievances with team members, my health challenges, the problems with work ethics and principles of team members, or really anything except revenue and being a "yes" man.

My annual performance rating was always "Meets and/or Exceeds Expectations" every year for over 7 years, but when there were internal team challenges and I blew the whistle, management covered things up and involuntarily terminated me, stating it was for "Performance Matters" so they didn't have to pay me a severance per their own severance policy, which would have been over $40k.

Also, annual raises are below national and metropolitan area COLA.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your employees and take grievances seriously. Communication is very important and help with trying to resolve team issues as a mentor or coach instead of choosing sides with the more senior member of the team who happens to be unethical and a poor supervisor.

6. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Vienna, VA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company overall. Stable. Government Contracts, Lots of great restaurants around! Good pace.

Cons

not much technology spending, the building is old

Advice to Management

none

7. "Still the same old AT&T"

Former Employee - Mobile Applications Consultant in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Mobile Applications Consultant in Vienna, VA

Pros

Brand recognition provides opportunities to have significant face time with current or potential customers, Large portfolio of devices ensures sales force has many options to complete the deal.

Cons

Consistent travel is expected daily. Attendance of a number of mind numbing conference calls while driving is expected. Endless on-line reports means family time is not attainable.

Advice to Management

Middle management and a number at the Director level are nothing more than mailboxes. Information comes in , information goes out. Staff already know this information, but it makes the Director levels feel they have shared important data. Toxic management is rampant; no interest in the employee or the customers, just the achievement of revenue numbers. Creativity is stifled as is acceptance of any suggestions regarding sales methodology and bundling of deals.

"Stay clear if you want a career!"

Current Employee - Contracts Administration Manager in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Contracts Administration Manager in Vienna, VA

Pros

There's only one reason why it's good to work at AT&T and that's telecommuting....granted it t took 4 years of trying to get that perk. The company is slowly catching up with the rest of Corporate America. Oh, and I left out the fact that it's up to ones manager on whether or not you can telecommute.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care on the moral of the employees, they won't back fill positions after someone leaves the company, employees are over loaded with work and that doesn't concern management, raises and bonus....lucky if you get the cost of living, plenty of disrespect is given on a daily basis....you can always count on upper management doing their job when it comes to disrespect and not caring.

Advice to Management

Senior Management really need to start carring about the moral of the employees and start listening to what employees are saying.

Showing 8 of 16,798 reviews